• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

strobogo

Banned
Bill_Murray.gif

iLxJ1PjgwKDNW.gif

I saw Davey Richards in 3 matches over the last 2 nights and he was surprisingly awesome each time with hardly any repeated moves and genuinely entertaining each time

He's a pretty good wrestler when he reigns it in, but like Reneledarker said, in ROH he seems to go overboard - not so much as a tag wrestler, but definitely in singles matches. However, outside of ROH the dude's fine for the most part. Looking forward to seeing him next Saturday at Revolution Pro, he's wrestling Zack Sabre Jr.

daemissary

Speaking of ROH...my local ABC affiliate just picked up ROH and they're running it 1-2 AM Sat night.

Who should I care about? I've never paid much attention to ROH before. (I know that the answer isn't Jay Lethal)

Keep an eye out for;

. Adam Cole - the current ROH champion, a very promising young wrestler and a great heel you'll love to hate.
. Michael Elgin - a real powerhouse wrestler, a big fan favourite one of the best on the indies at the moment.
. Kevin Steen - probably the most over wrestler in ROH at the moment, his physique may be flabby, but he's definitely one of the toughest wrestlers on the roster.
. Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards - The American Wolves are both former tag and singles champions in ROH and are huge fan favourites, a very smooth tag team.
. Tomasso Ciampa - another good young wrestler, with a very intense personality and demeanour that sets him apart from the rest of the roster.
. Roderick Strong - he's sort of between heel & face at the moment, but Roddy's an ROH veteran and always puts on good matches. He's sort of the gatekeeper to ROH, whereby anyone making their debut will probably have to go through Strong first.
. ACH & Tadarius Thomas - a great, high-flying tag team. ACH is super charismatic and Tadarius' capoeira influenced offence is pretty great.
. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander - another good young tag team, both have been improving steadily and just need that one breakout match to really get them noticed.

Cole;

iXSvaaZsJ3w43.gif

Elgin;

i9n3PVTaUZUI9.gif

Steen;

ibxvOBwRqImM82.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stro's hitting the great stuff I remember fondly in WCW.

Lil Naitch was gold while it lasted. And I figured out one reason why I loved Psicosis - he did pretty amazing moves that you would only see in WCW/nWo Revenge. He always had this deliberate movement to them. So excellent. I mean really, that Falcon Arrow - so dope.

G-Fex

Stro's hitting the great stuff I remember fondly in WCW.

Lil Naitch was gold while it lasted. And I figured out one reason why I loved Psicosis - he did pretty amazing moves that you would only see in WCW/nWo Revenge. He always had this deliberate movement to them. So excellent. I mean really, that Falcon Arrow - so dope.

How come Aki-man or THQ-man were not on the WCW Roster?

Kaladin

This Is The End of my caring about Seth Rogan and crew's movies. It had a few funny parts but overall it was self indulging, overrated and lazy. There was a point in the middle where it felt like they were just winging it and nothing was happening. I get why some folks would like it, but I literally fell asleep while watching it....and regretted picking up the last 30 min or so this morning.

It's a shame the good actors in the movie were cameos.

G-Fex

I'm not big into comedies so I don't think I'd watch those movies. Seth Rogan is meh.

Right now I think I'll watch something I've been meaning to for a while. Dune!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think Judd Apatow or any of that 'stoner' shit humor is funny at all. Even weird anti-humor stuff like Tim and Eric is more likeable.

Totally forgot about CZW / WSU last night. I'm guessing it didn't go well.

That and FWE. Take what I say with a grain of salt, naturally, since I used to work for both (though it's more of an off and on thing at this rate).

CZW apparently had intermittent stream issues throughout the night. One dude couldn't see really any of the show, though considering he's the only one complaining about it to that level I might put that on his connection more than anything.

FWE's just bombed out hard. During their free preshow, the stream froze for like...15 minutes? Had audio, but no video. Then when they came back they immediately went in ROH for having iPPV issues.

Then they had stream issues throughout the night too (mostly Young Bucks match?). If that stream freeze happened during the PPV, everyone would be dead :p

Kaladin

You would have more than one guy complaining online if CZW had widespread issues all night. They've got to have that ironed out.....it's one of the benefits of running the same spot every month.

You would have more than one guy complaining online if CZW had widespread issues all night. They've got to have that ironed out.....it's one of the benefits of running the same spot every month.

I came across a few people complaining, but not nearly to the level this guy was. It's hard to gauge how bad it really was, since I wasn't watching that one.

FWE on the other hand, oh god in heaven. And they had such a nice entranceway setup too...Only to be wasted on a junk stream and cameramen who don't shoot the damn entrance

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That sounds kind of rapey

It looks awesome I just have a hard time following it.

It's a forcefield only musclemen can possibly break through!

Sunflower, as much as you might want to, you can't actually have your way with any woman you want. I'm not saying it's right, but that's just the way it is sometimes!

Sunflower has evolved into Jeff Jarett w/ Debra era

Oh you guys. You're taking it the wrong way.

There's not an invisible barrier FOR WOMEN. It's for everyone. It's common courtesy.

The "friend zone" doesn't exist. It's an excuse for guys who want to act shady. It's complete bullshit and most females would agree that there is no such thing as a friend zone.

SLAPNUTS

Kaladin

TNA Tag Team champion James Storm is heading to Los Angeles this week to try and get a reality TV show pitch - focused around his crazy "redneck" lifestyle as he opens a bar in Nashville - into production, according to TMZ.com.

aka

"I need a way to fund this bar when this TNA thing goes belly up."

If you're gonna open a bar, wouldn't it make more sense to open a bar where there isn't one, instead of opening another bar in a town that has a world famous bar scene?

Top Bottom