• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Aiii

So not worth it
You can't be a top tier wrestler and not be convinced you are the best one ever, imo. Modesty is a bad trait to have when you're competing for a top spot in a cutthroat business.

DMczaf

You can't be a top tier wrestler and not be convinced you are the best one ever, imo. Modesty is a bad trait to have when you're competing for a top spot in a cutthroat business.

There's a difference between having confidence and being a mark. Having confidence means you believe you are the best, and you can make anything work as long as you are given the chance. Being a mark for yourself means you are scared that losing will make you look bad, always worried about how you are being booked, and complaining all the time about what you are given.

Old timey wrestlers say something to the sound of "If you are actually as good as you think you are, you can make anything work." I believe in that.

Sokantish

There's a difference between having confidence and being a mark. Having confidence means you believe you are the best, and you can make anything work as long as you are given the chance. Being a mark for yourself means you are scared that losing will make you look bad, always worried about how you are being booked, and complaining all the time about what you are given.

Old timey wrestlers say something to the sound of "If you are actually as good as you think you are, you can make anything work." I believe in that.

Well then that definitely doesn't sound like Punk

somedevil

There's a difference between having confidence and being a mark.

Having confidence means you believe you are the best, and you can make anything work as long as you are given the chance.

Being a mark for yourself means you are scared that losing will make you look bad, always worried about how you are being booked, and complaining all the time about what you are given.

So that doesn't include Punk then because by your reasoning only Cena is a Mark for himself. Punk seems not to worry about losing because in 2013 he is 2-7 in pay per view single matches.

Also, some should complain because right now the people writing the show need as much help as possible from the wrestlers in trying to write better since the guy who wrote the good stuff left after Summerslam.

Punk is in that Rock/jericho mode where people cheer for him no matter how many times he losses.

Dude knows how to make anything work. hes always made gold out of shit sandwhiches. which is why im #punkmark

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well then that definitely doesn't sound like Punk

always worried about how you are being booked, and complaining all the time about what you are given.
rcNnPnG.png

DMczaf

Bret, Hogan, the entire Clique, JJ and Cena are the ones that seem to match your description. Looking at the current WWE roster, nobody other than Cena seems to match your description.

I'm not pointing anybody out in particular (other than Low Ki, can't stand that dick!). I'm just saying that there is a difference between having confidence in yourself and being a mark for yourself. I don't think Punk is a mark for himself. I think Cena is somewhere between being a mark for himself and a corporate guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bret, Hogan, the entire Clique, JJ and Cena are the ones that seem to match your description. Looking at the current WWE roster, nobody other than Cena seems to match your description.

What? Hall and X-Pac put people over all the time.

Bret has so little personality I'm continually amazed that he became such a big deal - it's especially noticeable when you watch his early tours of Britain and Japan. Owen would have zero trouble engaging the crowd in both countries, while Bret was just a void of anything approaching charisma and struggled to get reactions.

G-Fex

Hogan has nothing on Bret Hart for being a huge mark for himself. Jesus christ, Bret is the worst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zQ44uULE44

That's fucking gold. Thank you DM.

If anything Cena is close to Hogan levels right? Doesn't he get say in almost everything next to Hunner?

you know who isn't a mark for himself?

Kevin Nash.

bring cool back.

He was the best fucking thing about two years ago.

I'd rather see Big Sexy wrestle again than fucking Ryback or Punk.

-Nash needs to find a hole that he can crawl in and stay there forever

-Punk is that weird late-2000 era Jericho phase, where despite being one of the best, most over guys in the company and a legit contender for the title, the writers had nothing for him to do but screw about in meaningless feuds completely separate to the main storyline at the time.

-Dried dead fish have more charisma than Bret Hart has displayed in his entire career

-Why are there two WWE PPVs this month

G-Fex

-Nash needs to find a hole that he can crawl in and stay there forever

-Punk is that weird late-2000 era Jericho phase, where despite being one of the best, most over guys in the company and a legit contender for the title, the writers had nothing for him to do but screw about in meaningless feuds completely separate to the main storyline at the time.

-Dried dead fish have more charisma than Bret Hart has displayed in his entire career

-Why are there two WWE PPVs this month

-JC needs to crawl with Bayonetta and Satch into a Wii U fort made out of Wii U boxes left over from production.

-Half Life 3 is not going to come out who cares

I miss you Diesel :(

strobogo

Banned
Fuck it, the next four months of fun TV was worth it. The last 4-5 months of 1998 were terrible. If it took Nash booking himself to beat Goldberg to make for good TV again, then so be it.

G-Fex

I think this feud was right "up" there with the HHH/Scott Steiner one for weird misplaced WCW nostalgia, in which HHH wrestles shitty matches with washed-up has beens that haven't been good in years

except in Nash's case, he was never good.

SOMEONES A HHH MARK!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
dsadasdsaprse6.gif

In a sea of marks as wrestlers, Nash is the only true businessman left.

"You might be a 15 or 18 time champ Ric, but it's fake. You never beat anybody."

strobogo

Banned
I think this feud was right "up" there with the HHH/Scott Steiner one for weird misplaced WCW nostalgia, in which HHH wrestles shitty matches with washed-up has beens that haven't been good in years

except in Nash's case, he was never good.

Hey man, I really liked the Nash/HHH feud in 2003.

Striker

Jay lethal owes his carrer to Nash.

Nash also tanked the summer of Punk, so he could habe a ladder match with triple H
Hunter came into the program weeks into it, made it about him, then had a match with Punk (which he won) and had a match with Nash. He made himself the focus, no one else.

Top Bottom