• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

HT UK

Nash lurks here, this is proof.

dr-kevin-nash-o.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No hover hands! Alpha as FUCK Mr. Albertson...Albertson!

Lol

Syxx-Pac shoots on "sports entertainment" and how he was in TNA for professional wrestling again. He cut this promo immediately preceding an impromptu boxing match between Screech from Saved by the Bell and Tiny - TNA's obese timekeeper.

strobogo

Banned
Listening to some Joe Vs. The World podcasts turned me in the direction of Quebecers matches. I never saw them in their day (since I would've been like 5 OH YEAH YOU OLD PEOPLE) but this squash in particular, quite something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s199gEAvzek

Particularly a fan of the first move in the match being a fucking package piledriver. We need more pasty chubby white jobbers. Indy darlings won't cut it. Remember that one guy on TNA Gut Check who was a bit fat and pasty and terrible (not Briscoe or Bischoff). He should be a WWE jobber.

The Quebecers were the real deal. The Mountie was pretty garbage as a singles guy, but was in two really solid tag teams.

G-Fex

I remember when the New Age Outlaws were in TNA and their promo consisted of shooting on Shawn and Hunter or as they called them "Michael and Paul"

TNA's first show of the year had no clean finishes. Three matches had the referees distracted, one had the referee blatantly ignoring interference and the last one was Ultimate X where Mike Posey got bumped so Shane Douglas could bring out a ladder.
Jeff Hardy debuted at the anniversary show in June, a debut which he and his then-girlfriend decided to spoil on the internet beforehand. In his first run in the company, Hardy no-showed two PPV events and had a habit of sleeping in during iMPACT tapings.
Jeff also brought the "Hardy Party" to the iMPACT zone -- a group of fat, hair dyed groupies who hung out with him after show was over. They typically hogged up the front row to watch Jeff's matches only to leave when they were over, and were very much hated by everyone else. Eventually the "leader" of the pack was banned from Universal Studios for a year for shoving people in the crowd to get front row seats, which led to much rejoicing among non-Hardy Party regulars.

lol

GolazoDan

The Quebecers were the real deal. The Mountie was pretty garbage as a singles guy, but was in two really solid tag teams.
Pierre was fucking rad as a singles though. Pimpin' leather jacket, shoulda gone straight to the top. Also that time he did a cannonball senton onto the ramp in TNA.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pierre told Nash that maybe he should win because they were in his hometown and Nash was like 'I didn't know this was up for debate' then they had the match and the crowd was chanting 'Die-sel! Die-sel!'
aFI1NG7.gif

Yo dudes.

There is a luchador bird in the new Pokemon game.

"Hawlucha" is his species name, I named mine El Cieloco, made sure he got the Premier Ball.
tumblr_mumr8pXpM61ruwc07o1_500.jpg

WRESTLING POKEMON

tumblr_mumr8pXpM61ruwc07o2_500.jpg

KARATE CHOP, AERIAL ACE, WING ATTACK, ROOST

tumblr_mumr8pXpM61ruwc07o3_500.jpg

He acts like he doesn't want you to pet him and feed him cookies.

tumblr_mumr8pXpM61ruwc07o4_1280.jpg

But sings the song of victory when you do.

tumblr_mumr8pXpM61ruwc07o5_1280.jpg

Wig split incoming

tumblr_mumr8pXpM61ruwc07o6_1280.jpg

A resolute and proud warrior.

About seven hours until New Japan starts;

NJPW, "KING OF PRO-WRESTLING", 2013.10.14
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

ib1X80RGH9UDNv.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

00. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Manabu Nakanishi, Super Strong Machine & Tiger Mask vs CHAOS (Takashi Iizuka, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo)
01. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) © vs Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
02. Grudge Match: Minoru Suzuki vs Toru Yano
03. Tenzan Return & Watanabe Farewell Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Takaaki Watanabe vs K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr)
04. Special Six Man Tag: G.B.H. (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & Kota Ibushi vs BULLET CLUB (Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson & Bad Luck Fale)
05. G1 Climax Rematch: Katsuyori Shibata vs Tomohiro Ishii
06. Kizuna Road Rematch: Kazushi Sakuraba vs Yuji Nagata
07. NEVER Openweight Title & Tokyo Dome IWGP Contendership: Tetsuya Naito © vs Yujiro Takahashi
08. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura © vs Naomichi Marufuji
09. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada © vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Looking like another great show. I've still not watched Okada vs Tanahashi, better get on that. Predictions;

00. faces, 01. Hooligans retain, 02. Suzuki gets his win back, 03. K.E.S. get the win, 04. Ibushi pins Devitt, 05. Shibata gets his win back, 06. Nagata gets his win back, 07. Naito retains, 08. Nakamura retains, 09. my gut says Tanahashi's winning, but I'm going to go for a 60 minute draw.

That lol TNA website is amazing.

So much bad

Jackass: Number 2 was heavily promoted for several weeks as many X-Division wrestlers attempted to recreate stunts from the Jackass series (something the opening sequence of the show strongly discouraged). Stunts included Senshi popping a blow-up doll by stomping on it, Jay Lethal riding a shopping cart into the ringpost, and Petey Williams being fed laxatives. Displeased fans chanted "No more Jackass" at them for it. Despite their effort, Steve O and Chris Pontius made an appearance on Raw and had a match with Umaga while nobody from the Jackass crew stopped by the iMPACT Zone. Soon after Steve O and Pontius appeared on Raw, all promotion for the Jackass movie died, and the stupid gimmick was laid to rest right along with it.
The Petey Williams laxative incident happened at a PPV during a match with Jay Lethal. What could have been a fun X-Division match for the paying customers turned into a terrible "comedy" match where Petey feigned badly needing to take a shit bell-to-bell. Don West shouted "THE SMELL! OH GOD THE SMELL!" the entire match, although nobody in the audience seemed too bothered.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 4/29/99

TO THE MENTAL HOSPITAL. Flair gets the whole group riled up by singing "She'll be coming 'round the mountain". Even the nurse and doctors got involved as they congo lined out.

ifh9eACJTmORN.gif

The show was from Penn State.

Recap of Flair's mental break down.

Curt Hennig vs Booker T. WCW TV Championship

Perfect's first match in a while. He was injured and I believe Barry was hurt as well. No mention of Rick Rude, no black bands or anything. I don't know if this was the second set of tapings or what, but that's pretty weird. Besides the opening graphic, he wasn't mentioned a single time on Nitro. Curt controlled most of the match with a head lock. He hit a piledriver. Booker made his come back, but Stevie Ray ran out and hit Hennig, causing Booker to be disqualified.

iewk25PDyREcZ.gif

Hak comes out. YO! He talks about being the most extreme dude around. The Raven/Bam Bam/Hak match was the most brutal match in wrestling HISTORY! He let Chastity pick who he would call out. He turns down the first few and she suggests he call out Kevin Nash. He calls Nash out. YO!

TO THE BACK
. Rick Steiner and Booker argued and got into a fight.

Buff Bagwell comes out dressed like Scott Steiner. It's a parody. Oh. Hilarious. Big Bad Doo Doo Daddy. Something about Steiner watching BET to steal lines from rappers for his promos, but the line was "I'm not a player, I'm just on parole a lot". Big Papa Dump is an idiot, flush me if you hear me.

Jerry Flynn vs Stevie Ray

The whole B Team is with Stevie tonight. They got involved right away. All of them. No way the ref didn't see most of it. Kevin Nash accepted Hak's challenge. Stevie won with the Slapjack.

Hak vs Kevin Nash

YO! Fuck it, I'm stoked for this. Sandman sets up a table and ladder before the match. Nash gets a few cane shots in and Sandman wants a time out. He doesn't get it. Side slam on a ladder. Sandman goes flying into the ladder. Nash goes through a table in the other corner. Oh my. Cane wraps around that big sexy head. Lots of ladder work from Sandman. This is amazing. Sandman is beating the shit out of Kevin Nash. Senton on a ladder which was on Nash. Chastity fucks up with the fire extinguisher. Jackknife through a table for the win. This was shockingly competitive. YO!

ibawrmpguK4xAE.gif

iVwbfUElxgYxH.gif

TO THE MEAN GENE
. Bam Bam is the guest. He wants to talk about tradition. He wants to beef up the hardcore tonight. He grew up with DDP in Jersey. He wants the King of Hardcore vs the WCW Champion tonight in a hardcore match.

Goldberg vs Meng

Pretty standard Goldberg match. A little longer than his normal squashes.

TO THE MEAN SCUM GENE.
DDP accepts Bam Bam's challenge. He also SHOOT thanks Jody Hamilton, Dusty Rhodes, and Jake Roberts. It always bothered me that DDP would say "2 time" 3 times. He's so corny. Self high five, jump off, the thumb thing, the mullet, GOOD GAWD.

Disciple vs Randy Savage

Weird, I thought Beefcake's contract had lapsed since he couldn't beat Hogan. He also has sweet feathered hair. Savage is way too big. I could never figure out why a dude coming off of a serious knee injury that put him out of action for a year would decide to put on 60 extra pounds on his fame for his knees to support. Macho Elbow for the win.

DDP vs Bam Bam Big Yellow WCW Championship Hardcore Match

This was a pretty generic brawl. Bam Bam slipping off a table and DDP fumbling around because the floor was slippery were the main highlights. Savage ran out and dropped the elbow on Bam Bam, even though Bam Bam was down from the Kanyon Cutter. DDP retains.

iy73sTfAVCvMz.gif

DQ Count: 1 out of 6 matches.

How strange, an episode of Thunder that wasn't a complete waste of time. Nash, DDP, Goldberg, and Savage were on and all had actual matches. Nash gave Sandman a ton of offense. I excepted a quick squash, but it wasn't at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That video mentions BSK, kinda looked it up and I guess Undertaker's counter to Nash and friends. Can someone elaborate or link me to something? Kind of interested

It was Undertaker and Yokozuna's 'group' which seemingly formed because of the Kliq which was initially just Nash and Michaels ribbing people acting like they were getting special treatment because Nah and Hall and Shawn would call each other and tell each other what they got paid, so they'd know who got stiffed.

The more I see of it, I don't think the BSK was ever 'against' the Kliq. It's just where guys who were friends with Undertaker or Yoko went because those guys were the only people outside of the Kliq who had any pull and then you had the Hart kids elsewhere.

G-Fex

I still love ya Nash . No worries, I'm stupid anyways.

And jeez, TNA was such a failure throughout the years. I never even heard about that incident. I don't know why they do the things they do.

LOOOL
TNA repackaged Kazarian, Matt Bentley, and Johnny Devine as Serotonin; they were essentially a new version of Raven's Flock -- right down to Raven leading the group -- which did nothing but lose every match they were in and let Raven whack them with a kendo stick after every loss. Devine was inexplicably pulled from a fairly successful pairing with Alex Shelley, Paparazzi Productions, for this.

This is he best
Scott Hall no-showed Turning Point 2007. This resulted in Samoa Joe cutting a promo where he branded Scott Hall "the Phantom of the Impact Zone", which legitimately upset Dixie Carter (who sat at ringside during the show). Joe looked at her and shouted, "Are you mad? Go ahead and fire me; I don't care." After the match, Nash and Joe had a fight, as Joe had taken several shots at him as well.

G-Fex

Wow.

I'm really surprised Joe hasn't snapped and just left.

Also, you guys think Scott Hall is ready to return to TV, maybe not to wrestle but you know.

LOL stiener
TNA paired Petey Williams up with Scott Steiner, with Petey serving as Steiner's protégé; this resulted in Petey riding with Steiner between house shows. On one of these journeys, Steiner drove the wrong way into a drive-thru order at the pay window, and then ate his

Okada vs Kojima was pretty good, it served much the same purpose as his defence against Makabe, getting over that Okada's tough enough to go with New Japan's heaviest hitters. The crowd bought into Kojima having a shot towards the end and I liked that Kojima wasn't able to hit his big running lariat - too often in the past he'd hit a dozen a match, whereas now he's protecting it more.

iJUzKgJw80YNu.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Have fun my NJPW friends, I gotta worry about going to work tomorrow.

Oh my lord

TNA hired obnoxious radio host/Howard Stern wannabe/Hogan buttbuddy Bubba the Love Sponge after Hulk Hogan's TNA debut; a couple of months later, Bubba said "Fuck Haiti" on Twitter (in regards to the earthquake that devastated Haiti). Awesome Kong, who had been a driving force in raising funds for Haiti within the wrestling community, got into an altercation with Bubba. Several wrestlers who witnessed this altercation confirmed that Kong beat the living fuckshit out of Bubba; these wrestlers, including Hogan himself, unanimously described the beating as one of the most brutal and one-sided locker room shoot fights they had seen in the past thirty years. For her transgressions, Kong was suspended and sent home; when TNA refused to release her upon request, she decided to refuse to take part in the United Kingdom tour. After a threatening phone call from Bubba and a refusal from TNA to increase pay within the Knockouts Division, TNA finally released Kong -- then decided to strip Kong and her partner Hamada of the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Title (the on-screen explanation given was that they had not defended them within the past thirty days, but they had actually defended them 21 days prior). Hamada all but disappeared from TNA television after this, and she was later released.

strobogo

Banned
I haven't even had my 360 hooked up online in months, so I was happy to see there is now a horror movie app. I haven't heard of any of them. The first one I tried was called A Crack in the Floor. Gary Busy and Mario Lopez had top billing, but I couldn't even make it to them. Legit SHOOT the worst thing I've ever seen in only 12 minutes. Worse than all of the worst TNA and WCW could do.

So now I'm trying a movie called Jezebeth, which is shaping up to be just as awful. It opens with a 6 and a half minute music video of a girl standing around in a cemetery. Just slow, nearly static shots. 6 and a half minutes of a rock song spelling out the plot of the movie, which is:

In the attic of an ancestral home, a devil worshiping sadist, Jezebeth Blandy (Bree Michaels), at war with God, unwittingly discovers a nineteenth century diary that details the summoning of a demon. Jezebeth succeeds in breaking a satanic code inside her hell room which creates for her two realities.

I'm pretty sure it was shot on iPhones and might even be a student film. So far, about 13 minutes in, my eyebrows have involuntarily shot off my face in disbelief at least 4 times in a "how could someone do this line/edit/music cue". These people clearly aren't actors. In fact, only two people in the movie had any credits before this movie. And of those two, only one was in an actual movie.

I've seen bad movies, but this actually makes me embarrassed for the people involved. This is the kind of thing you make with your buddies, not sell and allow people all over the world to see.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
C'mon Ryback you can make it backstage

tumblr_mumb0t49nW1srz3jco1_400.gif

At first I thought that people were exaggerating how weak Ryback was because people were deadweighting him/they were exaggerating at how blown up he looked whenever a feat of strength was required. But then I started watching the matches more and every snarky person was right on the money. Dude is really not that strong.

Last one

Jesus dixie

Heyman later let slip that he would've tried to steal Daniel Bryan Danielson away from WWE after Tiegate happened and build him up as an unstoppable submission machine for an eventual match with Kurt Angle. Your inner mark is now weeping for what might've been

G-Fex

I haven't even had my 360 hooked up online in months, so I was happy to see there is now a horror movie app. I haven't heard of any of them. The first one I tried was called A Crack in the Floor. Gary Busy and Mario Lopez had top billing, but I couldn't even make it to them. Legit SHOOT the worst thing I've ever seen in only 12 minutes. Worse than all of the worst TNA and WCW could do.

So now I'm trying a movie called Jezebeth, which is shaping up to be just as awful. It opens with a 6 and a half minute music video of a girl standing around in a cemetery. Just slow, nearly static shots. 6 and a half minutes of a rock song spelling out the plot of the movie, which is:

In the attic of an ancestral home, a devil worshiping sadist, Jezebeth Blandy (Bree Michaels), at war with God, unwittingly discovers a nineteenth century diary that details the summoning of a demon. Jezebeth succeeds in breaking a satanic code inside her hell room which creates for her two realities.

I'm pretty sure it was shot on iPhones and might even be a student film. So far, about 13 minutes in, my eyebrows have involuntarily shot off my face in disbelief at least 4 times in a "how could someone do this line/edit/music cue". These people clearly aren't actors. In fact, only two people in the movie had any credits before this movie. And of those two, only one was in an actual movie.

I've seen bad movies, but this actually makes me embarrassed for the people involved. This is the kind of thing you make with your buddies, not sell and allow people all over the world to see.

I don't understand at all how these things see the light of day. How do people make money off of this?

tm24

About seven hours until New Japan starts;

NJPW, "KING OF PRO-WRESTLING", 2013.10.14
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

ib1X80RGH9UDNv.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

00. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Manabu Nakanishi, Super Strong Machine & Tiger Mask vs CHAOS (Takashi Iizuka, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo)
01. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) © vs Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
02. Grudge Match: Minoru Suzuki vs Toru Yano
03. Tenzan Return & Watanabe Farewell Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Takaaki Watanabe vs K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr)
04. Special Six Man Tag: G.B.H. (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & Kota Ibushi vs BULLET CLUB (Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson & Bad Luck Fale)
05. G1 Climax Rematch: Katsuyori Shibata vs Tomohiro Ishii
06. Kizuna Road Rematch: Kazushi Sakuraba vs Yuji Nagata
07. NEVER Openweight Title & Tokyo Dome IWGP Contendership: Tetsuya Naito © vs Yujiro Takahashi
08. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura © vs Naomichi Marufuji
09. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada © vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Looking like another great show. I've still not watched Okada vs Tanahashi, better get on that. Predictions;

00. faces, 01. Hooligans retain, 02. Suzuki gets his win back, 03. K.E.S. get the win, 04. Ibushi pins Devitt, 05. Shibata gets his win back, 06. Nagata gets his win back, 07. Naito retains, 08. Nakamura retains, 09. my gut says Tanahashi's winning, but I'm going to go for a 60 minute draw.
Oh shit, this is tonight? Im off tomorrow! Gonna watch! We chatting in here or shiuld we do something ofsitte as to not spam stuff about wrestling?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
New Age Outlawz are also like Nash where I don't care that much about them as wrestlers, but they've got some of the best shoots ever.

strobogo

Banned
My god. This movie has a long strip club scene that makes me feel bad for women and music fans everywhere. I'm pretty sure the director had a band and just wanted to say his music was a in a movie.

"I'm gonna hit it. I'm gonna hit it and I don't even know her name. I'm gonna hit it. I'm gonna hit it and I don't even have no shame." Lyrics at their finest. Random funk/mental stuff. A Van Halen rip off. I want to see the Red Letter Media guys watch this. It should be recommended for Best of the Worst.

Top Bottom