• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

ie0mW.gif

Kaladin

Heh, apparently Quack's pissed that people (very easily) figured out that Janiya was Saturyne unmasked on WSU's iPPV last night;

ZfjN5GF.jpg

Just another excuse to mention my all-time favourite Quack story; when he made his girlfriend sleep on the couch because she revealed the identity of Darkness Crabtree to her parents. Kayfabe lives!

Wait, he's pissed that we figured that out now? I thought we knew that 2 years ago when we found her facebook

Yep. That was easy to find too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Went back to L4D2 today. Man, what a phenomenal game that is.

Is Kevin Nash doing anything right now?

I am sure they could actually do something good with him.....He would be a fun GM.

Would WWE be crazy enough to let him be a announcer?

To be fair the only bad part of his return in 2011 was Triple H. Nash did good. Its a shame they blew off the CM Punk feud so Triple H could get a pointless win before both men vanished and the feud never mentioned again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kevin Nash hangs out with legends like Kareem Abdul and A-list actors like Matthew Mcconaughey.

Punk hangs out with NHL players no one knows and washed up MMA guys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When did TNA slide from competitor to nothing in your eyes?

When did that electrified cage match happen? I think that was the moment that broke TNA for me.

Really I would say whenever Dixie became a on screen character was probably it. Classic WCW ego before the product stuff and then Russo left but the show just got worse.

strobogo

Banned

They've never been a competitor and I never felt they were one. The A8 storyline is when I gave up even on glancing over results and watching a PPV every now and then. Before that, Immortal killed most of my interest. The last 3 years have been terrible for TNA.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeff Hardy. Jeff Hardy is the answer to when TNA started slipping. The first time, the second time, and the third time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's big daddy COOL. Cool people don't play video games. Only dorks play video games as AJ has painfully illustrated again and again

G-Fex

I think it's cause I trash talked a lot of CM Punk.

If Nash followed him that's why.

Maybe? I honestly don't remember tweeting to Nash at all.

Ah who cares.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No matter how much people complain about WWE not pushing people right

Nothing, NOTHING can compare to TNA's treatment of Samoa Joe. Literally the most popular guy on the independent circuit becomes the main attraction to the X Division. Becomes the most popular guy in your company despite being a heel. And you wait a year to give him the main title.

Joe destroying the X Division with his dirty towel was magical.

Sokantish

I think it's cause I trash talked a lot of CM Punk.

If Nash followed him that's why.

Maybe? I honestly don't remember tweeting to Nash at all.

Ah who cares.

I hope you learned your lesson about bad mouthing Punk

No matter how much people complain about WWE not pushing people right

Nothing, NOTHING can compare to TNA's treatment of Samoa Joe. Literally the most popular guy on the independent circuit becomes the main attraction to the X Division. Becomes the most popular guy in your company despite being a heel. And you wait a year to give him the main title.

Joe destroying the X Division with his dirty towel was magical.
Did he choose TNA or was WWE never interested?

somedevil

When Samoa Joe got abducted by ninjas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMk0JmlGr6c

What a magical moment in TNA history.

I remember John Pollock interviewing him and his last question was about the storyline. He laughed and pretended that his phone was breaking up and ended the interview. lol

Also, here for all the bad TNA moments:

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History#Vince_Russo_Returns_.28again.29

Another bad one was the real early version of it when AJ Styles went into S.E.X locker room with a chainsaw and called the disco inferno an anti gay slur.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the moment TNA showed their true colors is when they went head to head, live, with Jeff Hardy against Bret being back on WWE TV for the first time in ages. What was that, 2010? That's when they went from a curiosity to naaaaaah, not even gonna bother.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope you learned your lesson about bad mouthing Punk

Did he choose TNA or was WWE never interested?

Who's to say, but Foley put in the word for Joe before he even put in the word for Punk. It's likely Joe went with TNA for the relaxed schedule.

Would be weird to imagine Paul Heyman's OVW starring CM Punk vs Samoa Joe.

GolazoDan

Listening to some Joe Vs. The World podcasts turned me in the direction of Quebecers matches. I never saw them in their day (since I would've been like 5 OH YEAH YOU OLD PEOPLE) but this squash in particular, quite something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s199gEAvzek

Particularly a fan of the first move in the match being a fucking package piledriver. We need more pasty chubby white jobbers. Indy darlings won't cut it. Remember that one guy on TNA Gut Check who was a bit fat and pasty and terrible (not Briscoe or Bischoff). He should be a WWE jobber.

Ultratech

Aiii doesn't like Nash because he makes fun of Aiii's reality tv
tumblr_mrl37aeawy1rkbzf7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrl37aeawy1rkbzf7o2_500.png

Haha.

They've never been a competitor and I never felt they were one. The A8 storyline is when I gave up even on glancing over results and watching a PPV every now and then. Before that, Immortal killed most of my interest. The last 3 years have been terrible for TNA.

I could see that.

There's flashes of brilliance from time to time, but then you get shit like Immortal and A&8 that drag on for way too long or just pure shit like the Claire Lynch baby mess.

Hell, take the A&8 storyline for instance. Leading up to the reveal of Bully, they really hadn't been doing a whole hell of a lot (jobber stable, etc.).
Then Bully wins the title, reveals himself as the leader, and effectively fucks over a lot of people in the process.
Then from there, it quickly goes to shit, and Bully reverts back to his old self (loud yelling, DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!, other crap), they have the title, then lose it, and whatever real reason they have for still being around at that point becomes pretty moot.

Hell, I don't think I've really paid attention to anything going on TNA going on for like the last month or two, despite having it on the background.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember John Pollock interviewing him and his last question was about the storyline. He laughed and pretended that his phone was breaking up and ended the interview. lol

Also, here for all the bad TNA moments:

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History#Vince_Russo_Returns_.28again.29

Another bad one was the real early version of it when AJ Styles went into S.E.X locker room with a chainsaw and called the disco inferno an anti gay slur.

Jesus fuck, forgot about Neidhart in TNA:

Isbacwk.jpg

G-Fex

I think the moment TNA showed their true colors is when they went head to head, live, with Jeff Hardy against Bret being back on WWE TV for the first time in ages. What was that, 2010? That's when they went from a curiosity to naaaaaah, not even gonna bother.

someone post the TNA on Monday Nights compilation video.

Top Bottom