• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Strobogo, wanna see something weird? find Monster Brawl. Has a lot of wrasslin' folks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'Terry Funk would hit you with a left hand that would knock your dick still.'

'Hey Brian why don't I light my hand on fire and climb up that ladder and ... fart all day'

G-Fex

You know reading the incarnation and general debut of TNA is horrifying and terrible.

Stro you should start reviewing the first HORRIBLE year of TNA.

I don't even understand HOW THE FUCK DID IT LAST THIS LONG?

strobogo

Banned
Strobogo, wanna see something weird? find Monster Brawl. Has a lot of wrasslin' folks.

All I see are Nash and Jimmy Hart and I HATE Jimmy Hart. The last movie I watched with wrasslers was Pain and Gain, if you count that one scene with Angle and Rock. I watched that one fucking awful movie that Kurt starred in where he was the killer dude and we got to see his O Face and dressed up as a killer clown. I think Nash was in that, too.

I liked Pain and Gain a lot, but fuck, that was some dark, dark shit.

You know reading the incarnation and general debut of TNA is horrifying and terrible.

Stro you should start reviewing the first HORRIBLE year of TNA.

I don't even understand HOW THE FUCK DID IT LAST THIS LONG?

I don't think so, Tim. I might as well rewatch WCW 2000. I wish Gifcam had been out when I watched it. Gifs would have been so much better. I'll probably do something from the 80s or early 90s after 1999.

strobogo

Banned
Oh my god, this movie keeps getting worse. 70% of the movie is made up of music videos. Including the way this girl summons the demon, which is standing in her underwear and playing a blazing metal solo for 3 minutes. It was clear the "actress" had never played a guitar in her life.

I think you guys need to see this. I sent the suggestion to Red Letter Media. I DESPERATELY want to see their faces while watching this movie.

Actual Demonic Solo

That's an actual scene from the movie.

G-Fex

Oh my god, this movie keeps getting worse. 70% of the movie is made up of music videos. Including the way this girl summons the demon, which is standing in her underwear and playing a blazing metal solo for 3 minutes. It was clear the "actress" had never played a guitar in her life.

I think you guys need to see this. I sent the suggestion to Red Letter Media. I DESPERATELY want to see their faces while watching this movie.

Actual Demonic Solo

That's the worst thing man.

I had to close that page about TNA stuff, I'm already miserable at this point today and reading that stuff just made it worse.

Now I know how you feel watching bad WCW Stro

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don Harris wore a shirt featuring the Nazi SS symbol during PPV #9. The Jarretts apologized for this on the TNA website and Harris was placed on probation. Upon returning he never wore the shirt again; however, his SS tattoos were still clearly visible.

Shocking.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WWF 1995 is a great choice as is WCW 1997, but only if stro transcribes each and every twenty minute long Hogan diatribe.

strobogo

Banned
To put things in perspective, there is a movie that Ed Furlong is the main character and only character for most of the movie. He's a writer and is locked in a meat factory or something so he can force himself to write. The movie jumps back and forth between him as the writer and what he's actually writing, then starts to blur. It also features Michael Berryman. It looks like a legit classic movie in comparison to Jezebeth. A movie with 80% solo Ed Furlong scenes.

I really want to do 1992/1993 WCW stuff, but it is really hard to find full years worth of shows for anything pre-Nitro years. Full months, sure, but not a full year of Saturday Night from 1992. I want all that Dangerous Alliance, Barry/Dustin, Hollywood Blonds, Rick Rude, Sting, Vader, Cactus stuff.

The next recap should be WWF 1995.

ibyDoqiboUDHn6.gif

DMczaf

Wow, was there any wrestling at all?

Believe it or not, we would actually get multiple wrestling matches in that one hour. And storylines (shitty ones) would actually progress, and PPVs were actually developed (poorly) in that one hour.

Everything may have sucked, but it was at least organized.

G-Fex

Believe it or not, we would actually get multiple wrestling matches in that one hour. And storylines (shitty ones) would actually progress, and PPVs were actually developed (poorly) in that one hour.

Everything may have sucked, but it was at least organized.

Interesting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's really a shame those two are in TNA. Their shenanigans and ridiculous shit needs to be seen by more people. Such a waste :(

G-Fex

Yeah sure DM.

Then what, Jeff Hardy pops up with a unexplained reason for attacking Daniels then no shows for 4 months?

Or Vince Russo is hiding somewhere?

No thx

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
http://i.imgur.com/w6gxYLw.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lNW3aHj.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F3q41nj.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

this segment was better than anything WWE did all 2013

last thing WWE ever did awesome was Del Rio beating Big Show for the title on a random Smackdown last December.

It's really a shame those two are in TNA. Their shenanigans and ridiculous shit needs to be seen by more people. Such a waste :(

Seriously. They're so above TNA along with Aries and Roooooo. I only watch skip through impact in the hopes that all 4 of them are involved in the same promo.

At first I thought that people were exaggerating how weak Ryback was because people were deadweighting him/they were exaggerating at how blown up he looked whenever a feat of strength was required. But then I started watching the matches more and every snarky person was right on the money. Dude is really not that strong.

Dude is weak you would think Vince's hard on would have gotten soft once he saw him fail to lift Tensai and Heyman

Ultratech

Actual Demonic Solo

Man, she's pretty decent looking, but you're right.

She's never actually played a guitar.

Just looks silly as hell.

Them and Bobby ROOOOOOOOOO.

It makes me almost shed a tear.

Almost.

jobber

if you want to watch TNA like a real man, you'd watch it on MTV Tres Sunday nights from 9-11pm

no taz and all spanish

even the backstage stuff is dubbed over

WWE Raw on Mun2 doesn't do that!

Penguin

legitshook.com

How strange, an episode of Thunder that wasn't a complete waste of time. Nash, DDP, Goldberg, and Savage were on and all had actual matches. Nash gave Sandman a ton of offense. I excepted a quick squash, but it wasn't at all.

Actually if memory serves me right (and google confirmed), this was the night of the special SmackDown pilot.. so they put on a show to try to compete

But that SmackDown was on-fire!

jobber

the spanish play by play guys are so awesome when Dixie something heelish

AY YI YI

edit: OH SHIT

it just hit me

Dixie was funding Aces and Eights the whole time and she's going to make them her stable of hitmen...all 3 of 'em

If you go back to when this angle started, that guy that brought Hulk the note got in the building with no explanation. A8 use to get in the Impact Zone without explination. D'Von's contract ran out and Dixie hired him back without letting anyone outside the club know. Their original purpose was to run Hogan away but that changed once Hogan quit

it comes together!

Why would Dixie run Hogan away? Cause Immortal basically stole her company and she isn't one to forget about it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Terry Taylor asked Daffney to allow Abyss to chokeslam her off the ring apron and onto a barbed-wire board. Daffney reluctantly agreed to perform the stunt, and for her trouble, she suffered a concussion. Since Spike TV refuses to allow TNA to show any form of man-on-woman violence, TNA ended up cutting the stunt from broadcast. To complete Daffney's humiliation, TNA refused to pay for her medical costs -- and the company sent Terry Taylor to tell her.

Total Nonstop Abuse.

jobber

If you want to point out TNA fuck ups, you can't miss the time when the Carters had Jim Ross ready to sign on to be their announcer then had cold feet.

Top Bottom