• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

That ending made total send from a story perspective. Still not quite sure why Big Show got to be the primary beneficiary of Daniel Bryan's hotness, other than "seniority", but him running in was fine.

And that match was fucking awesome. Jesus Christ, Goldust and Cody are both so goddamn good right now.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
WHY ISN'T THIS DANIEL BRYAN??

WTF THEY'RE EVEN DOING HIS TAUNT

Ass backwards company I swear.

PEACE.

Because Daniel doesn't have to do anything against Triple H. His beef is really with Steph and Triple H is just doing her dirty work. Like Big Show did.

As much as I love The Shield's performance, I'm glad the Rhodes capture the Tag Team titles. It's slim but I'm hoping they would defend it more against other teams (Wyatt Family, Real Americans, etc.)

Great match from both sides though just like at Battleground.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Goldust is like HBK in that when he finally took the time to get 100% clean not only did he feel better and work better but all those extra years off gave him quite the chance at a second career.

I didn't watch a ton of it but I remember him being pretty entertaining in WWECW.

Sanjuro

That ending made total send from a story perspective. Still not quite sure why Big Show got to be the primary beneficiary of Daniel Bryan's hotness, other than "seniority", but him running in was fine.

And that match was fucking awesome. Jesus Christ, Goldust and Cody are both so goddamn good right now.

Yeah. Most of these people in here just don't get it.

The entire gimmick of the Shield is doing the same thing that happened for the finale, there was no clean ending. So they bring in whoever (Big Show...irrational hatred consumes), and still sell Reigns avoiding Rhodes. Not bad.

No it isn't. HHH/Show is going to be a terrible match.

Well maybe, but it keeps Bryan away from wrestling HHH, and that would really do nothing for Bryan at this point, just as it did nothing for Punk 2 years ago. Let HHH be pre-occupied with Show, it's better in the long run.

Vestal

Why are people surprised at Goldie? The guy could always go. When given a non gimmick match he can put on a freaking show.

Hope this continues, Dustin has more than paid his dues over the years, and deserves at least a few months in the spotlight before he rides off into the sunset.

Downhome

I've been a huge fan of Dustin for years. From his debut way back when, all of his years in WCW, and of course as Goldust in WWF/E. I remember he got so huge at the height of the Goldust character that he was, for a very short period of time, up there with the main eventers. I wanted so bad for him to get the title back then. It would have worked so perfectly with his gimmick. But right when he was about to go over the top against Austin they totally changed his character and made him a joke. I'm very happy for the guy now.

Ithil

Because Daniel doesn't have to do anything against Triple H. His beef is really with Steph and Triple H is just doing her dirty work. Like Big Show did.

He doesn't have beef with Triple H after Triple H betrayed him during the biggest moment of his career and made his life a living hell afterwards?

Sanjuro

How do you guys see this even remotely close to a Big Show push? He cries, absorbs dead air, and punches random people.

He isn't even doing terrible matches with Sexual Chocolate or anyone. He just fucking punches people!

Downhome

Totally off topic, but X2 just came on after RAW and holy CRAP does Hugh Jackman look so much younger in this one. I know, it has been years, but still.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hold on let me do my Soulplaya impression
tumblr_muowqxpxf41qe3r0vo1_1280.jpg

44 YEARS OLD

Ultratech

Pretty much.

You knew Trips making the match No DQ was gonna ensure shenanigans.

And that it did.

Still, that was a great main event.

He doesn't have beef with Triple H after Triple H betrayed him during the biggest moment of his career and made his life a living hell afterwards?

Ithil, just let the story unfold. It's called "long term booking," look it up, mark. Sit back and accept The Big Show into your life. He is our wrestling savior, and will make it cool again.

jobber

It was Stephanie's idea.

She pretty much admitted it during that segment with DB that opened up Raw with that B+ jab.

The007JiM

I hated this show up until that last match, but it was one of those things that made everything else worth it.

I agree. Feels good after this match.
:)

New Tag Team Titles is logical. Shield get rematch in Hell in a Cell. Then, the Rodhes defend the titles in Survivor Series so that allows shield can be in the Survivor Series match in team corporate.

The Big Show factor is interesting.

How do you guys see this even remotely close to a Big Show push? He cries, absorbs dead air, and punches random people.

He isn't even doing terrible matches with Sexual Chocolate or anyone. He just fucking punches people!

He's been the center of the show for weeks, instead of the biggest star they have right now. Meanwhile, said biggest star is doing shitty segments with RKO and Brie Bella and not, y'know, being the underdog leading the charge against the corrupt system?

Ithil

It was Stephanie's idea.

She pretty much admitted it during that segment with DB that opened up Raw with that B+ jab.

That story is a dead end, he can't do anything do her. He can Boma Yes HHH and face him in a match down the line.

I'm just not sure why Bryan, who is in the main event of the PPV for the WWE title, isn't the one behind the main anti-corporation segments. Why is he getting beaten down by Orton in terrible backstage segments halfway through the show while Big Show sabotages Triple H's plans in the main event segment and YESes with the crowd afterwards?

Did they forget who the guy they're meant to be pushing is?

Sanjuro

He's been the center of the show for weeks, instead of the biggest star they have right now. Meanwhile, said biggest star is doing shitty segments with RKO and Brie Bella and not, y'know, being the underdog leading the charge against the corrupt system?

If the Orton/Bella/Bryan segments are shitty, has nothing to do with the implementation of Big Show. They either have a plan for when Cena comes back or they are just doing what they also do, make little sense!

jobber

That story is a dead end, he can't do anything do her. He can Boma Yes HHH and face him in a match down the line.

I'm just not sure why Bryan, who is in the main event of the PPV for the WWE title, isn't the one behind the main anti-corporation segments.

Steph nor Triple H fired him. They like Daniel Bryan.

They fired Cody and Big Show. Goldust wasn't an employee so I'm not sure what logic is behind that but whatever.

It does seem possible to me that they're afraid of overexposing Bryan and are trying to "cool him down" a bit before giving him his REAL major push leading into Wrestlemania.

But that's stupid, as lightning is nigh impossible to put back into a bottle.

It does seem possible to me that they're afraid of overexposing Bryan and are trying to "cool him down" a bit before giving him his REAL major push leading into Wrestlemania.

Or they want his focus to be on Orton instead of HHH, since the match in two weeks is Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton, and it's almost assuredly the blow off to their feud. Plus they're setting up HHH/Big Show, which is a bad match on paper but two big names that they will be able to sell PPvs with.

Guys Cody Rhodes and freaking GOLDUST just won the (suddenly important) TAG TEAM TITLES. Why are you worried about the little things?

It's not only that it's impossible to put lighting back in a bottle, it's that if you don't strike while the iron's hot, you risk the bubble popping, and once that bubble pops your 15 minutes are over, son. The pot called the kettle black, and curiosity killed the cat. #cliches

My point is GET THE BIG SHOW THE HELL OUT OF THERE

Don't tell me you're a mark for that idiot Cboat too?

I'm a mark for seeing people get sneak attacked while dancing

RE: CBoaT, well, his record is real good. But next-gen is messing with his mojo. But I love me some 45 page threads off of absolutely nothing :p

Also they're clearly holding the big shit for Bryan until Rumble time. I get the feeling he'll finally get involved with the HHH shit soon, and Show will go after the belt. Then Bryan wins the Rumble and finally derps Orton at Mania.

It's not only that it's impossible to put lighting back in a bottle, it's that if you don't strike while the iron's hot, you risk the bubble popping, and once that bubble pops your 15 minutes are over, son. The pot called the kettle black, and curiosity killed the cat. #cliches

My point is GET THE BIG SHOW THE HELL OUT OF THERE

I think it's fine to have Big Show there, but he shouldn't be the CENTER of the story, is all.

I like the possibility that this might lead to the debut of Xavier Woods, though!

Kaladin

hold on let me do my Soulplaya impression
tumblr_muowqxpxf41qe3r0vo1_1280.jpg

44 YEARS OLD

Can I hop on board this hype train too? I've been a Dustin mark since WCW....and yes, I was disappointed when WWE repackaged him as Goldust....at first....then I eventually got it....I think around the time he feuded with Piper....and come on, how can you not love The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust?

XenoRaven

Can I hop on board this hype train too? I've been a Dustin mark since WCW....and yes, I was disappointed when WWE repackaged him as Goldust....at first....then I eventually got it....I think around the time he feuded with Piper....and come on, how can you not love The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust?
Don't forget the Dustin Runnels/Val Venis feud!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love when Dustin came out as Seven and did that shoot promo in WCW

Besides Double J the only people who went from WWF to WCW after 1998 were those with serious drug problems who just wouldn't get clean enough for WWF to keep them on, mainly two Wrassle GAF fan favorites the Real Man's Man and the Artist formerly known as Goldust.

This just shows how fucked up WCW was at that point.

Top Bottom