• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE has GOT to stop doing the shaky camera doing the quick zooms everytime something "unexpected" happens.

We fucking get it, Show isn't supposed to be there, we don't need the visual cue and motion sickness to remind us of it. You're a professional cameraman, you know how to film fast paced wrestling matches, I don't buy for a second you suddenly become "random person in street using his mobile to film two homeless guys fighting" levels of bad at operating your camera just because Big Show runs in from the crowd.

strobogo

Banned
WWE has GOT to stop doing the shaky camera doing the quick zooms everytime something "unexpected" happens.

We fucking get it, Show isn't supposed to be there, we don't need the visual cue and motion sickness to remind us of it. You're a professional cameraman, you know how to film fast paced wrestling matches, I don't buy for a second you suddenly become "random person in street using his mobile to film two homeless guys fighting" levels of bad at operating your camera just because Big Show runs in from the crowd.

Of all the bad things that have been prevalent on WWE shows in the past year and a half, the shaky cam stuff is the worst. It made sense to do it for the first few Shield run ins. It didn't make sense to do it months later when they were having regular matches on TV. WWE shows are way, way too sterile and clean to have shaky cams look believable in any way.

Of all the bad things that have been prevalent on WWE shows in the past year and a half, the shaky cam stuff is the worst. It made sense to do it for the first few Shield run ins. It didn't make sense to do it months later when they were having regular matches on TV. WWE shows are way, way too sterile and clean to have shaky cams look believable in any way.

I'd love for The E to try some more cinematic camerawork like holding shots a bit longer, having the crew outside the ring move around the posts while holding a steady shot, "dissolving" transitions that fade from one angle to another (you'll see this very rarely, or sometimes in big Japanese matches), over the shoulder when someone's in the ring talking to someone on the ramp (they sometimes do the opposite with Paul Heyman), etc., etc.

The quick cut, shaky cam they're running with now is so boring. Put all that money to use and freshen up the TV presentation. And get the audience closer to the ring. And get more photographers + random people running around out there terrified of the wrestlers.

And smoke machines, gotdammit. Smoke machines and disco lights. IT'S TIME TO SHAKE THINGS UP AGAIN!

strobogo

Banned
NXT tries out a lot of interesting camera work. They also used the first few seasons of NXT to try out different camera techniques. They did a lot of crane shots in the first 3-4 seasons, the hard cam was zoomed in more than normal, and they had on apron camera men frequently. That was a WCW/NWA thing that WWE didn't do much of even in the 80s, but they tried it on NXT.

Current NXT has that camera on the ring post, one from the ceiling, and interesting camera work in general. I don't know why WWE doesn't try any of that on the main shows. I hate all the quick camera cuts as well, but at least they aren't anywhere near TNA levels of bad at that. NXT is trying out stuff that works, but still isn't getting used on the main shows. I don't get it.

Aiii

So not worth it
NXT is produced by the students of Full Sail, isn't it? Probably that's why.

---

Is this new?
10071156_hi

Aiii

So not worth it
Live Audio Wrestling just blew my mind.

John Cena appeared in Ready To Rumble as an extra.

I did not know this and I watched this movie several times. Why did you guys never tell me about this?

I've found that the formula for enjoying Raw over the last few weeks is to fast forward through everything except Shield matches which have recently had the added bonus of Goldust, I find it goes down a treat.

My sheer disdain for the Bellas has basically killed Bryan/Orton for me (well aside form the wishy washy booking it's had regardless), it's like as of three or four weeks ago some berks backstage decided that we needed to blur the lines between Total Divas and Raw even further to the point where the Bryan and Bella connection was suddenly brought up as a thing that was happening. Now the feud has started focusing around this and Bryan is caught in the gravity of awful Bella acting segments and ham fisted DRAMA!

Aiii

So not worth it
I've found that the formula for enjoying Raw over the last few weeks is to fast forward through everything except Shield matches which have recently had the added bonus of Goldust, I find it goes down a treat.

My sheer disdain for the Bellas has basically killed Bryan/Orton for me (well aside form the wishy washy booking it's had regardless), it's like as of three or four weeks ago some berks backstage decided that we needed to blur the lines between Total Divas and Raw even further to the point where the Bryan and Bella connection was suddenly brought up as a thing that was happening. Now the feud has started focusing around this and Bryan is caught in the gravity of awful Bella acting segments and ham fisted DRAMA!

You're gonna love Hell in a Cell then, where Cena gets to beat Del Rio, Brie Bella gets to beat AJ and Daniel Bryan gets to beat Orton so they can all be champion for the final episode of Total Divas this season. Yay!

You're gonna love Hell in a Cell then, where Cena gets to beat Del Rio, Brie Bella gets to beat AJ and Daniel Bryan gets to beat Orton so they can all be champion for the final episode of Total Divas this season. Yay!

....Aw nuts.

Then again Bryan as champ and the end of ADR's reign is fine with me, the Bella point is worse than anything Cena as far as i'm concerned. They'll quickly bring back the Women's title so that the other Bella can have that as well.

Kaladin

November Wrasslin' |Gold-T| The Community Formally Known as WrassleGaf

or

November Wrasslin |OT| WrassleGaf wants more Cena

or

other...

I like the Gold-T idea personally.

Aiii

So not worth it
Someone give me a summery of what happened on RAW.

In college and in work right after until late.

-Shawn Michaels and Orton had a confrontation, nothing happened.
-People had matches.
-Ryback vs. R-Truth and CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel had a Beat The Clock contest, winner of the contest got to pick the stipulation for the HiaC match, Punk won by 11 seconds, picked a HiaC 2-on-1 handicap match of Punk vs. Ryback and Heyman.
-Orton tried to rape assault Nikki and Brie.
-Cesaro tried to Giant Swing Tensai, but only managed about 3 spins before the weight got too hard, still somewhat impressive considering Tensai's sheer mass, but less so than Khali.
-Goldust and Cody beat The Shield for the Tag-Titles after Big Show run-in. Great match, you should check this out.

Someone give me a summery of what happened on RAW.

In college and in work right after until late.

from what i saw last night:

- an awful women's match that led to nothing
- HHH and Steph casting shade
- a decent Punk match connected to a feud that (should've) died a month ago
- a faction of heels in which one acts as a face

last one is my favourite. is Cesaro a face? if so, is he a face hanging with heels? are they all heels? are they all faces? if they're all faces, is Zeb's anti illegals rants a good thing? people do chant "We The People". mostly internet marks to be contrarian, but still. do they realize they're cheering for a racist faction?

Aiii

So not worth it
To be fair, I don't think you could call Tamina vs. Brie awful in light of the two matches we got last week. It wasn't great by any means, but it wasn't awful. Just "bad" will do.

And I do think Brie deserves credit for actually really trying to be a better wrestler, she used to be awful, she's now upgraded to bad. Good on you Brie!

if only the Republicans knew. best way to bring young voters is to Giant Swing people.

watch out for the promo were Zeb takes Cesaro to the mexican border and he starts swinging illegals over the fence. you know Vince wants to do it.

To be fair, I don't think you could call Tamina vs. Brie awful in light of the two matches we got last week. It wasn't great by any means, but it wasn't awful. Just "bad" will do.

And I do think Brie deserves credit for actually really trying to be a better wrestler, she used to be awful, she's now upgraded to bad. Good on you Brie!

by WWE standards, sure, we can call it bad.

by women wrestling standards in general, it was awful. ghastly. bottom of the barrel. wasn't Snucka daughter supposed to be good? she aint.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I bought "Breaking Kayfabe with Marty Jannetty" today from Kayfabe Commentaries. Kind of rough to watch and listening to Sean Oliver interview Marty was basically like listening to Ozzy Osbourne these days.

Having said that, Sean seemed to have an easier time reigning in Marty than he did Vince Russo. Of course, the video was 71 minutes and the time spent with him was 5 hours so a lot of creative editing had to be done.

Still, Sean is about as professional as you can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cofVuO_MFpI

Interesting. Sean is a consummate professional too. 71 minutes feels kind of light. Was it good content?

WTF? The Young Bucks make their New Japan debut on October 25th!

The WORST news. I hope they don't let them superkick anyone.

If they get to the finals, I put my avatar up as a sacrifice and Boots can pick what I want. If they get eliminated ASAP Boots gotta give ME Creative Control! Whaddya say boots?

Ithil

if only the Republicans knew. best way to bring young voters is to Giant Swing people.

watch out for the promo were Zeb takes Cesaro to the mexican border and he starts swinging illegals over the fence. you know Vince wants to do it.

by WWE standards, sure, we can call it bad.

by women wrestling standards in general, it was awful. ghastly. bottom of the barrel. wasn't Snucka daughter supposed to be good? she aint.

Tamina isn't particularly good. People think she must be good because she's big and muscular, and not pretty, so she must be there for her wrestling ability. But she's slow, boring and not very precise in wrestling (check that terrible Superfly Splash), so she can't carry a Bella, both of whom are horrible at wrestling.

Looks like The Young Bucks are going to be representing BULLET CLUB in the Jr's tag tournament.

Sunflower said:
The WORST news. I hope they don't let them superkick anyone.

There's gonna be SO MANY superkicks. It will be awesome, I promise.

Sunflower said:
If they get to the finals, I put my avatar up as a sacrifice and Boots can pick what I want. If they get eliminated ASAP Boots gotta give ME Creative Control! Whaddya say boots?

Haha, nope. I can't see them getting past the first round, unfortunately - it would be unusual for someone on their first tour to be booked strong in a tournament.

Also, the latest Ashes video/CHIKARA thing;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftt9_eVz7Y8

And a timeline of the CHIKARA nonsense from the nerds on the CHIKARA101 forum;

• WMDcorp buys CHIKARA, but not the Wrestle Factory, on Jan 3, 2011.
  • Ultramantis Black has possession of the Eye of Tyr, which he uses to control Delirious for a period of roughly two years.
  • Entering into agreement with Hallowicked, UMB releases Delirious from the Eye of Tyr, and Delirious then smashes it.
  • Delirious vows 2 years of suffering for UMB in retribution, recruits The Batiri to aid him.
  • The broken pieces of the Eye of Tyr are collected by an unknown pair. A Watchmen button is in the foreground of this video.
  • Season 12 event names revealed to be allusions to the Watchmen graphic novel. More event names are revealed as George Harrison allusions.
  • Dr. Cube says he has the Eye of Tyr (but it is not shown.)
  • Archibald Peck's doppelganger appears just in time to see him "Backfisted to the Future." Peck vanishes.
  • After being handed an envelope at "The Shoulder of Pallas" Mike Quackenbush is fired from CHIKARA.
  • Ominous final tweet from CHIKARA twitter: "And now....it's main event time!"
  • CHIKARA is shut down at "Aniversario: Never Compromise" by C0nd0r Security while Wink observes.
  • Wink goes silent on Twitter.
  • "Ashes - Prelude" arrives on YouTube on Jul 22, 2013.
  • Los Campeonatos de Parejas title belts are auctioned off to an unknown buyer. The Grand Championship title belt could not be located.
  • The savechikara.com site revealed to be a front for C0nd0r Security on Aug 26, 2013.
  • Fans report phone calls and text messages from a C0nd0r operative.
  • In another Ashes video Worker Ant passes the mantle of his ring persona to Green Ant.
  • W.C. Vavasseur's email address was given to us by Icarus at the Art Museum rally.
  • Ominous final tweet from @wrestisintense: "And now....it's main event time!"
  • GEKIDO forces Rob Roy Fingerhead to close Wrestling is Intense on Sept 15, 2013.
  • Derek Sabato confirms the envelope he had at "Aniversario" is the same one handed to Quackenbush at "The Shoulder of Pallas."
  • Wink is active on Twitter again.
  • Wrestling is Awesome is bankrupted by Dr. Cube and his posse stealing the gate money and championship title.
  • Sinn Bodhi issues a threat, via Facebook, against Wrestling is Art.
  • Smart Mark Video's contract with CHIKARA is set to expire on Dec 31, 2013.

Ithil

Looks like The Young Bucks are going to be representing BULLET CLUB in the Jr's tag tournament.

Haha, nope. I can't see them getting past the first round, unfortunately - it would be unusual for someone on their first tour to be booked strong in a tournament.

Also, the latest Ashes video/CHIKARA thing;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftt9_eVz7Y8

And a timeline of the CHIKARA nonsense from the nerds on the CHIKARA101 forum;

• WMDcorp buys CHIKARA, but not the Wrestle Factory, on Jan 3, 2011.
  • Ultramantis Black has possession of the Eye of Tyr, which he uses to control Delirious for a period of roughly two years.
  • Entering into agreement with Hallowicked, UMB releases Delirious from the Eye of Tyr, and Delirious then smashes it.
  • Delirious vows 2 years of suffering for UMB in retribution, recruits The Batiri to aid him.
  • The broken pieces of the Eye of Tyr are collected by an unknown pair. A Watchmen button is in the foreground of this video.
  • Season 12 event names revealed to be allusions to the Watchmen graphic novel. More event names are revealed as George Harrison allusions.
  • Dr. Cube says he has the Eye of Tyr (but it is not shown.)
  • Archibald Peck's doppelganger appears just in time to see him "Backfisted to the Future." Peck vanishes.
  • After being handed an envelope at "The Shoulder of Pallas" Mike Quackenbush is fired from CHIKARA.
  • Ominous final tweet from CHIKARA twitter: "And now....it's main event time!"
  • CHIKARA is shut down at "Aniversario: Never Compromise" by C0nd0r Security while Wink observes.
  • Wink goes silent on Twitter.
  • "Ashes - Prelude" arrives on YouTube on Jul 22, 2013.
  • Los Campeonatos de Parejas title belts are auctioned off to an unknown buyer. The Grand Championship title belt could not be located.
  • The savechikara.com site revealed to be a front for C0nd0r Security on Aug 26, 2013.
  • Fans report phone calls and text messages from a C0nd0r operative.
  • In another Ashes video Worker Ant passes the mantle of his ring persona to Green Ant.
  • W.C. Vavasseur's email address was given to us by Icarus at the Art Museum rally.
  • Ominous final tweet from @wrestisintense: "And now....it's main event time!"
  • GEKIDO forces Rob Roy Fingerhead to close Wrestling is Intense on Sept 15, 2013.
  • Derek Sabato confirms the envelope he had at "Aniversario" is the same one handed to Quackenbush at "The Shoulder of Pallas."
  • Wink is active on Twitter again.
  • Wrestling is Awesome is bankrupted by Dr. Cube and his posse stealing the gate money and championship title.
  • Sinn Bodhi issues a threat, via Facebook, against Wrestling is Art.
  • Smart Mark Video's contract with CHIKARA is set to expire on Dec 31, 2013.
They will get, what, 20 DVDs sold, maybe 10 tickets to an event, from these fanatics who actually care to follow this stuff? What's the point? Just put a normal wrestling promotion on with fun wrestling matches and characters. Stop with the viral crap.
Viral stuff only works for major promotions because they have the budget to get it out there. They're just pandering to a tiny hardcore fanbase who would have followed them anyway.

bjork

Why is Triple H and Big Shoe headlining the shows rather than the main title of the company?

It's all a setup for Shane to come back and wrest control from Steph and HHH with his proud fighter, the out of retirement Ultimate Warrior.

oWn 2014

Kaladin

They will get, what, 20 DVDs sold, maybe 10 tickets to an event, from these fanatics who actually care to follow this stuff? What's the point? Just put a normal wrestling promotion on with fun wrestling matches and characters. Stop with the viral crap.
Viral stuff only works for major promotions because they have the budget to get it out there. They're just pandering to a tiny hardcore fanbase who would have followed them anyway.

It seems more like to me they're trying to keep the hardcore fanbase around just in case they can make a comeback. All they need is about 30 - 50 in a crowd at a comeback show to generate a buzz....and that's what Chikara got started on in the first place, the hardcore live crowd and a general buzz about the product.

TNA does it just as bad now too. They basically ripped WWE's shit when they absolutely didn't need to; their production was awesome as is.

I put New Japan in tops for production, then WWE, then TNA, then everyone else.

OH NO IT'S THE SHIELD, BETTER ZOOM IN WITH MY LENS AND OUT WITH MY BODY (rumble rumble rumble)

But hey, it's the style they teach, so it's what they get.

They did/do try neat stuff for NXT, because it's basically practice for everyone to try new shit. The students at Full Sail suck balls at camerawork though.

Oh and it probably would've been better for Chikara to just have a final send-off show rather than continually insult and string along their super hardcore fans

Kaladin

I've tried to give it a good home, but no one wants to buy my PS3 from me. My PS3 + GTA V & Dark Souls must go by the end of the week.....making room for the PS4 next month, and I'm pretty much done with GTA V soonish.

If anyone is interested, PS3 + GTA V + Dark Souls for $200 shipped or it's going to Gamestop later this week.

It's a fully BC unit with the PS2 guts inside. 60GB hard drive.

First match confirmed for the PROGRESS Tag Title Tournament;

Project Ego (Matt Kirby & Kris Travis) vs GRADO & Mad Man Manson

Fuck yes, more GRADO!!! Looking forward to seeing Mad Man Manson for the first time, as well, while Project Ego are probably the best tag team I've seen in the UK.

I would do many things to see this match

MANY things

Never seen Grado but the other 3 I've seen frequently and all 3 are amazing, Manson is so quick witted and genuinely funny

Speaking of lufisto a few pages back April David's hit her the other day and a few extensions came flying out lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
-Ryback vs. R-Truth and CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel had a Beat The Clock contest, winner of the contest got to pick the stipulation for the HiaC match, Punk won by 11 seconds, picked a HiaC 2-on-1 handicap match of Punk vs. Ryback and Heyman.

This shit again?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, those little shitheads are in cahoots with that Devitt "cunt!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tanahashi vs. Okada, hnnnng, dat match!

It was really freaking good. I slept on it, and I really loved it. Match of the year? I dunno...but it's in Sunny's Special Five Star Club.

Aiii

So not worth it
This year had a insane number of match of the year contenders already, but yeah, this one is definitely up there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This year had a insane number of match of the year contenders already, but yeah, this one is definitely up there.

It's crazy how many of them are Okada/Tanahashi. 3 of them are top tier?

It's all a setup for Shane to come back and wrest control from Steph and HHH with his proud fighter, the out of retirement Ultimate Warrior.

oWn 2014

I was with you until Ultimate Warrior.

Shane is a Based God he don't need help from anybody. Just give him some excuse to jump of something really high so I can mark out hella hard for it.

And RAW was great even if I saw that ending a mile away as soon as Haich made it No DQ.

Top Bottom