• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

this theme gets me pumped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX6PSOrVbSU

really though, Big E should get this back when he turns face

DoPeg1r.jpg

damnnnnnnnnnn thats colder than a polar bear's toenails. if you get the reference, thumbs up and mo' bitches for you.

strobogo

Banned
I'd like to hear some suggestions for what people would like me to review next. Has to be something with TV and preferably PPVs. Nothing after 2004. I will not do XPW/CZW.

I'd like to hear some suggestions for what people would like me to review next. Has to be something with TV and preferably PPVs. Nothing after 2004. I will not do XPW/CZW.
1991 rumble.. Macho king and warrior feud.
Superstars segment where warrior gets spooked by taker

the first year of brand split, whenever that was (2002?). either Raw or Smackdown

1999 WWF

lol @ Sunflower. All his trolling and its something like that which gets him. I don't even know why he'd go to Gaming side considering how much he seems to hate everything except the Xbone price tag.

lol @ Aiii being the only casualty of that thread. AJ, ultimately, was his undoing. Poetic demise.

RIP In Peace to our fallen comrades.

strobogo

Banned
The best part of Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii's ban was the delayed reaction to it. That thread was closed a day and a half ago and he was bragging about getting out alive and then SWERVE.

WCW 1994. I want to see how drastically everything changes when Hogan and his buddies start showing up in the middle of the year. Also, Terra Ryzing.

yeah but wasn't sunday night heat more exciting?

Shotgun Saturday Night was suppose to be WWECW before WWECW even existed. I think it's a (supposedly?) fun experimental show that deserves to be reviewed for entertainment purposes. Because lets be honest, it was shit, at least from what I remember lol

Also! Terri's "flashing" angle!, Undertaker tombstoning HHH at the top of an escalator!, Go Go Dancers! and.......The Flying Nuns vs The Headbangers (i think?).

strobogo

Banned
The Flying Nuns were The Headbangers. The original concept for Shotgun was interesting, but it quickly became just another B, then C, and eventually D show. But the first few months were done in night clubs and tiny places that you wouldn't even really think to run shows from. The whole point was to be an edgier show in the New York area and I think the fact that they were all NY centric is what made it fail and turn into a normal B show.

Shotgun wasn't even a real show. It was only available in local syndication like ECW was and barely anyone carried it.

It was originally supposed to be a weekly $4.95 PPV idea, but it never panned out like that.

I remember Ahmed Johnson hitting the Pearl River Plunge on one of the Nation cronies on top of a car in the parking lot.

strobogo

Banned
I think there were two Shotguns. There was one that was on USA, and then one that was only in the New York area. I definitely remember taping and watching the early episodes of Shotgun.

I think there were two Shotguns. There was one that was on USA, and then one that was only in the New York area. I definitely remember taping and watching the early episodes of Shotgun.

I don't ever remember Shotgun being a USA Network show. Shotgun was always syndicated and eventually turned into an in-arena b-show within a few months. I remember it was also renamed to Shotgun Challenge at some point.

EDIT: Ah, they made a completely separate show called Shotgun Challenge at one point that was marketed as more family-friendly.

The WWF also aired a similar syndicated show at the time called WWF Shotgun Challenge, which aired in earlier time slots (replacing WWF Challenge) and was more family-friendly. This version of the show was later renamed simply WWF Shotgun and ultimately replaced with WWF Metal in 1999. From 1997 until 1999, matches from WWF Shotgun were aired on the international version of WWF Superstars with commentary by Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly, and in January 1999, Gorilla Monsoon joined them.

What the fuck? Gorilla Monsoon calling 1999 matches? I need to hear this.

strobogo

Banned
I for sure taped the first few episodes of Shotgun. I don't know if it was USA or a local syndicated station, but I had a tape of Sunny and Elmo, Marlena flashing Sultan, the Flying Nuns, and the tombstone on an escalator. It might not have been on USA, but the club shows were definitely shown outside of the NY area.

Gorilla in the Attitude Era is such a strange thing to even think about. Seeing him at WM15 was as sad as seeing Brain today.

Top Bottom