• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

DominoKid

A preview of the Total Divas winter run.
As seen Monday's Raw, Eva Marie made her televised wrestling debut as she and fellow Total Divas JoJo and Natalya defeated Alicia Fox, Aksana and Rosa Mendes in a Six-Diva Tag Team Match. Eva's performance drew negative reviews online, as her inexperience was put on display before millions of viewers (prior to the match, she had only wrestled before a live crowd once, a non-televised tag team bout at SummerSlam Axxess in August). It has since come out that this reaction was sought within WWE as she was purposely set up to fail by members of management.

Officials wanted to knock her confidants down a few pegs, since they feel she has an undeserved ego and doesn't realize how much she has to learn as a performer. Therefore, they had her sink on national television in hopes of making her humble.

Hasney

I'd like to hear some suggestions for what people would like me to review next. Has to be something with TV and preferably PPVs. Nothing after 2004. I will not do XPW/CZW.

ECW starting with the build to their first PPV? Might be a good buffer of quality in case you ever decide to tackle WCW 2000.

bjork

The Flying Nuns were The Headbangers. The original concept for Shotgun was interesting, but it quickly became just another B, then C, and eventually D show. But the first few months were done in night clubs and tiny places that you wouldn't even really think to run shows from. The whole point was to be an edgier show in the New York area and I think the fact that they were all NY centric is what made it fail and turn into a normal B show.

I remember some show where Marlena took her dress down to distract someone and give Goldust a win on Shotgun. Couldn't see anything on TV, of couse.

Shotgun is also the first time I heard the Un-der-ta-ker chant and thought it was hilarious. 15 years+ later, not so much.

iVO36NaxzUTw2.gif

Danshoku Dino vs Kota Ibushi - (DDT 08/17/13)

Vee_One

Watching the WWE Best of Nitro Vol 2. where Jericho comes out with his personal security aka fat dudes in white shirts.

One of the guys is wearing a Crash Bandicoot shirt turned inside out.

I don't understand how the only shirt available to wear is a Crash Bandicoot shirt.

Also, how did they get away with the knock off version of Smells Like Teen Spirit for DDP

XenoRaven

Watching the WWE Best of Nitro Vol 2. where Jericho comes out with his personal security aka fat dudes in white shirts.

One of the guys is wearing a Crash Bandicoot shirt turned inside out.

I don't understand how the only shirt available to wear is a Crash Bandicoot shirt.

Also, how did they get away with the knock off version of Smells Like Teen Spirit for DDP
Jericho's theme is an equally blatant rip off of Evenflow by Pearl Jam. You would think they would give that to Raven, but they gave him a rip off of Come As You Are by Nirvana. Those are the only three rip off themes I know of.

Jericho's theme is an equally blatant rip off of Evenflow by Pearl Jam. You would think they would give that to Raven, but they gave him a rip off of Come As You Are by Nirvana. Those are the only three rip off themes I know of.

DDPs theme is a rip off of smells like teen spirit. Even got heat from David ghrol

Jimmy Hart ripped off Pomp and Circumstance for Macho Man, which was ironic because it was allowed to be used royalty-free.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Aight, someone catch me up on the happenings since Night of Champions, the day WWE broke my spirit, in 10 words or less.
Does "Everything is terrible except the majestic COO" sum it up?

jmdajr

Aight, someone catch me up on the happenings since Night of Champions, the day WWE broke my spirit, in 10 words or less.

COO has been doing a fantastic job being heel. I don't even have a problem giving Big Show time to shine, or the Rhoads.

But people have been really let down with the WWE Championship shenanigans. COO got the heat, but D.Bry hasn't benefited as much as he could.

gurudyne

Rhodes family versus Corporate might be the storyline of the year fpr WWE. Just go back and watch everything involving the Rhodes and you should be fine.

bjork

Saw this Larry Z quote

Larry Z said:
Sting who was one of the luckiest men who ever lived, Sting couldn’t do a good interview, he couldn’t work good. We had to drop him from the ceiling for a year and dress him like the crow and not let him say a word to get one big match out of him.

Revisionist wrestling history is so hilarious, especially when it comes from the talent.

Top Bottom