• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

They evolve?

Well Maryse is becoming a Mizanin... so no, it's more like devolving

miz-dad-650x378.png

strobogo

Banned
Saw this Larry Z quote

Revisionist wrestling history is so hilarious, especially when it comes from the talent.

Larry is a bitter old cunt and they only guy he ever put over was Scott Hall. The only time he was interesting to watch was during the Dangerous Alliance days and as an announcer, he would bury EVERYONE for no reason and put himself over constantly. He was terrible at his job.

Larry is a bitter old cunt and they only guy he ever put over was Scott Hall. The only time he was interesting to watch was during the Dangerous Alliance days and as an announcer, he would bury EVERYONE for no reason and put himself over constantly. He was terrible at his job.

disagree completely Larry Z was a phenomenal guy and deserved MORE credit than he got. But to be honest he should have helped the luchador matches a bit more.

strobogo

Banned
disagree completely Larry Z was a phenomenal guy and deserved MORE credit than he got. But to be honest he should have helped the luchador matches a bit more.

I've listened to Larry call so many matches over the last year. He's fucking terrible at it. He went out of his way to shit on guys, even faces, who weren't wrestling his style, which was a style that didn't even exist on American television anymore. He'd shit on guys who botched something make sure to point out that they screwed up (even if it was a face). He'd shit on every angle but his own. He openly didn't care about the shows or the wrestlers, and would regularly say he doesn't even know the names of guys wrestling. He didn't get any reference past the 80s that wasn't sports related, and usually would get mad at someone making it.

He was the epitome of old man yelling at clouds on commentary. He was awful. This is a guy who cut a worked promo on Louie Spicolli right after he died to "continue the storyline". The storyline ends with the opponent ends, dick head.

I've listened to Larry call so many matches over the last year. He's fucking terrible at it. He went out of his way to shit on guys, even faces, who weren't wrestling his style, which was a style that didn't even exist on American television anymore. He'd shit on guys who botched something make sure to point out that they screwed up (even if it was a face). He'd shit on every angle but his own. He openly didn't care about the shows or the wrestlers, and would regularly say he doesn't even know the names of guys wrestling. He didn't get any reference past the 80s that wasn't sports related, and usually would get mad at someone making it.

He was the epitome of old man yelling at clouds on commentary. He was awful. This is a guy who cut a worked promo on Louie Spicolli right after he died to "continue the storyline". The storyline ends with the opponent ends, dick head.

maybe it's just his voice. maybe that's what I like. I bet he smells of whiskey as soon as he gets out of the shower - it's permeated into his skin.

Finally watched the RAW main event. Its great to see a crowd get into a match. I wonder how long they can keep the Cody / Dust thing going. The pay off is clearly the two facing off in goldusts retirement match but I dont think they will be able to keep things going until mania and it would be a shame to see something like that happen anywhere else.

Also how many times has Roman Reigns speared someone through the barricade now? Seems like it happens on a monthly basis.

It should be saved for every now and again as a big "oh shit" spot. Like when someone jumps off the top rope through the announce table.

Also I think I have a gum abscess or something. The left side of my face has swollen like Chris Masters after he left WWE through the course of the day. GREAT!

jmdajr

Ok, going on Vacation. Probably won't be around for awhile.

Every keep dat Business going. Have them Gaf House shows running smoothly.

out.

Kaladin

So with the rumored Drive Club delay (F U Drive Club) I'm thinking Ass Creed Black Flag and Killzone for my definite PS4 launch titles, COD Ghosts as my optional third.

F U Drive Club if you're delayed.

G-Fex

hahahahaha looks like drive club drove off the cliff.

I'd make fun of the nerds in OT but well, the reciepts for the PS4 and 1 or 2 lousy games will be enough for that

Kaladin

hahahahaha looks like drive club drove off the cliff.

I'd make fun of the nerds in OT but well, the reciepts for the PS4 and 1 or 2 lousy games will be enough for that

PS4 is a media hub (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant, Blu-ray player) upgrade for me, games are a bonus.

strobogo

Banned
So with the rumored Drive Club delay (F U Drive Club) I'm thinking Ass Creed Black Flag and Killzone for my definite PS4 launch titles, COD Ghosts as my optional third.

F U Drive Club if you're delayed.

I feel like you're going to feel like GOB after you buy a launch PS4.

ad-huge-mistake-5.gif

strobogo

Banned
I would always wait 6 months to a year before buying a new console. Especially now that it looks like there are fewer and fewer launch titles every week.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd rather play Ryse than any of the first party stuff Sony's shown for launch

And Ryse looks stupid.
I would always wait 6 months to a year before buying a new console. Especially now that it looks like there are fewer and fewer launch titles every week.

Does it really matter if you have the money though? It's not like there's gonna be a price cut in 6 months.

Top Bottom