• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Kaladin

pwinsider said:
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will star in the earthquake disaster movie "San Andreas". According to The Hollywood Reporter the movie is scheduled to start shooting in April of 2014. It may impact his availability for WrestleMania XXX. Given the size of the movie, I would think that the studio would not want him wrestling before shooting such a big film.

What was the plan if Rock couldn't make it? Brock vs Taker?

Videogames in my wrasslegaf? OK.

My theory is if driveclub gets delayed the PS+ edition will still make launch.

It will have limited tracks and cars and modes and shit and things will be added overtime through some kind of season pass that upgrades you to the main game.

When the rest of the game is ready DriveClub "its a actual full game now" edition will be released at retail in February or march or something.

Well that is what I would do.

Also I think EA is still saying NBA is still a launch game which is not happening. They havent talked about it since E3 for god sake. Thats another game to add to the delayed list.

And Knack looks like it was created to pad out the 2014 PS+ lineup.

And I am only interested in killzone because of the pretty colours. Sure it might be good technically but I just like it because it isnt completely brown.

Anyway so far today my ipod died and my face exploded so that might be my PS4 money gone away. Maybe for the best.

Destiny / Titanfall bundles seem like the smart time to jump to next gen anyway.

strobogo

Banned
Which is why they should just make a GTA movie instead. With wrasslers.

screen-shot-2013-05-27-at-1-05-51-pm.png

SvR 2007

1143840128.jpg

WWE 2K14

Rey_Mysterio.jpg

Kaladin

What wrestler would play Trevor? He's insane, but he's got his wits about him. He's a deranged lunatic who is building a criminal empire, and is actually smart enough to be successful at it....and still act crazy.

I wonder if yukes stopped doing body scanning and just got interns to do the modelling for WWE games.

On the ps2 the WWE games probably had the best character models in the industry. What happened?

G-Fex

I wonder if yukes stopped doing body scanning and just got interns to do the modelling for WWE games.

On the ps2 the WWE games probably had the best character models in the industry. What happened?

I have a theory

people stopped giving a shit about wrestling = people stopped giving a shit about making wrestling games good

While this thread is off topic as hell anyone care to explain the developments in the last few days of the US gov shutdown?

Those threads move fast and as a non american I dont really know whats going on.

Is it over?

God, I'm so bored - made another MV, this time of Shiro Koshinaka;

Shiro Koshinaka - Samurai

Featuring clips from his early career in the 80s (mostly because I couldn't be bothered to dig out my WAR rips for his Heisei Ishingun stuff in the 90s), plus, Koshinaka absolutely MURDERING poor Owen Hart, just because he badly botched a rope running sequence;

ibvnOUAwqfbCOk.gif

people stopped giving a shit about wrestling = people stopped giving a shit about making wrestling games good

More like, they just figured out that the sheeple of the WWE Universe will buy the game regardless of any 'improvements' they may or may not have made. The only way to affect change in this situation is for everyone to vote with their wallets and not buy that shit, but we all know that's not going to happen.

Kaladin

While this thread is off topic as hell anyone care to explain the developments in the last few days of the US gov shutdown?

Those threads move fast and as a non american I dont really know whats going on.

Is it over?

The senate has reached a deal, but they were never the issue in the first place. The House, IMO is still a wild card. Some people are saying the Senate reaching a deal near the end of the deadline puts pressure on the speaker of the House to push the Senate deal to a vote, but it is unknown when or if the house will vote, and if there are enough votes to pass it in the house.

I'll probably cancel my PS4 preorder at this point. There's literally nothing even remotely interesting at launch, and my PS3 already covers my media needs (not to mention I still have a ton of PS3 games I need to get to).

Plus I'll feel obligated to take both my PS3&4 when I go back for Christmas this year which sounds like a pain the ass.

I'll buy it whenever MGSV or The Evil Within come out. Plus there'll probably be a more enticing bundle at that point.

Kaladin

I'm also tempted to cancel at this point too.

The only thing is, when will I be able to get one again? If I want one come Feb or so, I want to be able to get it.

The benefit of keeping my PS3 is I get more time with GTA V, and I'll get some of the end of current gen games I want. WWE 2k14, BEYOND, South Park and Gran Turismo 6.

bjork

What was up with the Ken Shamrock interviews over the last week or two about him wanting to return to WWE but having beef with HHH or something? He mentioned something about fans wanting to see him there, but... who are these fans? He had a time and it has passed, unless they brought back managers or something.

jred2k

I'm also tempted to cancel at this point too.

The only thing is, when will I be able to get one again? If I want one come Feb or so, I want to be able to get it.

The benefit of keeping my PS3 is I get more time with GTA V, and I'll get some of the end of current gen games I want. WWE 2k14, BEYOND, South Park and Gran Turismo 6.

I'm gonna cancel my pre-order, too, I think. I don't give a shit about anything until inFamous. By that time they should have manufacturing a bit more under control. If the launch lineup is as disappointing as it seems the hype might die off fairly quick, as well.

strobogo

Banned
StroMomo found a tumor in her breast that 80% likely to be malignant. She will have a biopsy next week and get results the week after that. What a SWERVE. Stay tuned for Thunder.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what is weird? When you find out one of your former college professors is now working retail.

When I played The Sims 3, my guy was in like news reporting or whatever and he kept up with his old boss. By the time I was like a TV reporter, his old boss's husband died and she was jobless and lived on her own.

dat realism

bjork

You know what is weird? When you find out one of your former college professors is now working retail.

Life takes weird turns, and not everyone can stroke their way into tenure.

StroMomo found a tumor in her breast that 80% likely to be malignant. She will have a biopsy next week and get results the week after that. What a SWERVE. Stay tuned for Thunder.

Fingers crossed for that 20%, sir.

I've already made up my mind about canceling my PS4 preorder and have no intentions on picking up an XBone at all. I have a list of Wii U and 3DS games to buy a mile long over the next two months and there's nothing else on any other systems that interest me at this time.

I wish you the best, Stro. :/

jred2k

I'm honestly surprised to see so many people anticipating ACIV. I'd love to be wrong, but I can't imagine a world in which it isn't a complete mess of a game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm trying to think of a wrestling parallel to draw to Double Fine.

•Relies heavily on things in its past
•Always wants your money
•Thinks it's funny but isn't
•Frequently copies others
•Doesn't finish anything

Sunny maybe?
I'm honestly surprised to see so many people anticipating ACIV. I'd love to be wrong, but I can't imagine a world in which it isn't a complete mess of a game.

I'm pretty desperate at this point. Still buying at launch though even if most my time will be on PC playing South Park.

G-Fex

Even if I wasn't broke I wouldn't buy a next gen system as it has dawned on me.

I don't care about new games.

I guess I just hit the point where gaming future is over for me.

This is heavy

Sokantish

I have liked all the Assassin Creed's so far. Brotherhood has been the best though. The ship battles in III were fun so maybe IV being more focused on them will be great!

Even if I wasn't broke I wouldn't buy a next gen system as it has dawned on me.

I don't care about new games.

I guess I just hit the point where gaming future is over for me.

This is heavy

What a downer you are, new games are great. Better than old games! Stop living in the past, grandpa.

G-Fex

What a downer you are, new games are great. Better than old games! Stop living in the past, grandpa.

you're probably right Soka, what with PS4 and it's 1-2 games, there's so much damn variety it's mind blowing.

I'm trying to think of a wrestling parallel to draw to Double Fine.

•Relies heavily on things in its past
•Always wants your money
•Thinks it's funny but isn't
•Frequently copies others
•Doesn't finish anything

Anime...jrpgs..

I'd say basically Japan in general.

Probably also DC Comics

Sokantish

you're probably right Soka, what with PS4 and it's 1-2 games, there's so much damn variety it's mind blowing.

Launches of consoles are always rough, since like forever. Xbox one has a better launch than ps4!

Only need one
http://i.minus.com/i3poUBXpwPr7L.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]
I really need to finish 2 but I was bummed out because my PC couldn't run it on the highest settings. Waiting to upgrade me PC then I'll finally get to play 2 and be ready for 3

G-Fex

isn't that game just a big sex simulator?

Launches of consoles are always rough, since like forever. Xbox one has a better launch than ps4!

NES black box games says you're wrong.

And even PS1 and Saturn had a ton of games out there ready for it. Be it sports games even.

Remember when we used to have more than 1 or 2 football or baseball games per year?

Money money money

so much greed it'd make Ted Debiase puke.

Top Bottom