• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

strobogo

Banned
th

$T2eC16R,!yME9s5qHBV2BROs,JMgz!~~60_35.JPG

il_170x135.450370923_2460.jpg

Remember when Scott Hall legit tried to beat Goldust up because Goldust was keeping kayfabe?

Remember when Jerry Lawler called Goldust the F word and then repeatedly implied Goldust went that way through insults on commentary. Dammit Lawler WAT happened to you, you used to care.

strobogo

Banned
He wasn't implying. King Fish called Goldust a fag, flaming, and queer regularly. I'm pretty sure he called Goldy a homo once as well.

I think a drunken, miserable Nitro sounds in order tonight.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually enjoyed Kronik's unsafe as hell but entertaining destruction of WCW's jobbers. The gimmick didn't really fit the name though....

jred2k

So I guess WWE found the only way to make their tag division interesting was to make everything else boring as shit. Its really weird to look at that HiaC card and not care about any of the singles matches. Not even the CM Punk/Ryback sequel to a classic.

Does this possible Hell in a Cell card interest anyone?

Bryan vs Orton
Punk vs Ryback and Heyman
Cena vs Del Rio
Shield vs Rhodes Brothers vs Usos
Real Americans vs. Los Matadores
Axel vs Big E
Divas Match
Miz vs Wyatt if he recovers in time or Miz and Partner vs Wyatt Family

This card is a hell a lot better than the last two pay per views combined.

ehhhh

3 Way Tag is basically it for me. The other tag match too. I'd look forward to Axel vs. Big E if it was just Big E squashing Axel like a jobber and laying him down for the 5 count, but that most likely ain't happening

MG310

I don't think it's a bad card just not an exciting one outside of the tag match. Wish they would have gotten The Shield vs. Cody/Goldust (or a 6 man with Show) in the cell.

Miz vs. any of the Wyatts and Big E vs. Axel seem like they would be a pre-show match.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Does this possible Hell in a Cell card interest anyone?

Bryan vs Orton
Punk vs Ryback and Heyman
Cena vs Del Rio
Shield vs Rhodes Brothers vs Usos
Real Americans vs. Los Matadores
Axel vs Big E
Divas Match
Miz vs Wyatt if he recovers in time or Miz and Partner vs Wyatt Family

This card is a hell a lot better than the last two pay per views combined.

Looks good. I'm excited at least even though HIAC matches themselves are pretty dull now a days, they should probably just scrap the whole concept at some point for something else.

somedevil

I'm interested because this is the pay per view that Bryan will get the title unless there is a shawn michaels swerve but that only makes sense if he is coming back to wrestle one more match.

Is Bryan vs Orton Hell in the Cell or is the Punkverse match the only one. Goddamn that Punk vs Ryback match is gonna be boring hopefully Heyman can save it somehow.

G-Fex

What I don't get is they saw how the last Punk vs. Ryback match went and they STILL fucking headline another match for a PPV?

Come

On

somedevil

Is Bryan vs Orton Hell in the Cell or is the Punkverse match the only one. Goddamn that Punk vs Ryback match is gonna be boring hopefully Heyman can save it somehow.

Both are hell in the cell. Also, found it funny that this man is most likely going to get the title:

iFw923fDQHFnc.gif

Striker

The Triple Threat Tag will be entertaining. The Punk-Heyman feud I'm tired of. Unless they had brought in somebody new instead, rather than Ryback. Bryan and Orton hopefully is a finale, or at least the last until there's a long break. Del Rio-Cener will be predictable as hell. Don't care much about the rest tbh.

When Goldust did the thing with Ahmed, I remember him kind of doing that weird thing with his tongue before he did the final mouth-to-mouth thing, haha. Vince flipped out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just finished watching Sakuraba vs Nagata

That match is PURE psychology. That match isn't flashy, but it showcases exactly why Sakuraba is one of the best booked guys in wrestling right now. He's not an Ace. He's not the big dominating monster heel. He's not the guy who gets lucky to win. He's the crafty mother fucker. He's the guy who can end it like that. if you fuck with him. He's the quiet Yakuza guy from the Simpsons who you know is going to do something cool when you look away.

But the BEST showcase of booking in that entire PPV was this moment
tumblr_muugh3pM8x1sailrzo6_250.gif

Nagata tries to suplex Sakubara and Sakuraba gets him into a hold then rolls him. He goes for the cross armbreaker but Nagata is holding on from it happening. A few seconds of Nagata fighting it and then Sakuraba gets it. And the crowd just fucking lights up. They light up because Sakuraba got the armbreaker on. Not because he hit an exploder suplex, not because he did a 450. Because he put Nagata in a mother fucking submission.
tumblr_muugh3pM8x1sailrzo4_400.gif

and I mark harder for this move more than any other move in wrestling. I don't think anyone's thought to use that MMA move in pro wrestling before Sakuraba

But the BEST showcase of booking in that entire PPV was this moment
tumblr_muugh3pM8x1sailrzo6_250.gif

Nagata tries to suplex Sakubara and Sakuraba gets him into a hold then rolls him. He goes for the cross armbreaker but Nagata is holding on from it happening. A few seconds of Nagata fighting it and then Sakuraba gets it. And the crowd just fucking lights up. They light up because Sakuraba got the armbreaker on. Not because he hit an exploder suplex, not because he did a 450. Because he put Nagata in a mother fucking submission.

he almost went for a body scissors kimura there.

i think Brock should be more like that, more shooting, less pro-wrestling moves. go for double legs, single legs, transitions in the ground, GnP...

Top Bottom