• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

G-Fex

I've been playing TEW13. I like it, but it often gets too detailed and complicated to the point where it is tedious. There should be a mode where you do all the behind the scenes stuff like storylines/finances/general decision making, but without having to do minute by minute show bookings. I know they have an assistant booker, but that only does matches and doesn't take into consideration your storylines or champions.

I'm more interested in making the story lines and who is going to get a push, letting someone deal with the details, and let me handle all the big picture stuff.

The demo lets you play for a month's worth of game time. That should be more than enough to know if you'll like it or not.

alright thanks.

If anything I might start playing Revenge again

You had me worried sick, you haven't posted in DAYS!

I'm mostly accessing the internet from public places and this thread is much too embarrassing to browse in public. I can turn images and avatars off but then what's the point?

Also whenever I'm on GAF in public, I can't scroll down fast enough to hide that logo. I'm paranoid that some Gaffer is going to catch me and make a thread about me in the OT because that's the type of user this place attracts.

I never want to meet a Gaffer face to face.

strobogo

Banned
Kevin Sullivan and Paul Heyman should book WWE today. Sullivan's way of handling egos (particularly Hogan's) is some master level stuff. His mind and way of handling egos mixed with Paul's mind and motivation skills could make for an amazing show with the talent WWE has right now. This timeline is fantastic. I liked Nash's and all, but this is some great, great stuff.

G-Fex

Bully Ray's promo is weird.

He's recycling Dusty's Hard Times promo with name drops of Flair and Dusty and Hogan.

and then ends it with calling himself Darth Vader

goddamnit TNA

strobogo

Banned
Sullivan shits on the DoD and knew it was shit, but did it for Hogan's benefit becuase Hulk wasn't comfortable jumping right into working with more serious workers. So adding the Horsemen to the feud was a way to ease Hogan into being accustomed to facing more grounded guys. However, DoD vs Horsemen main events did good ratings.

I also enjoy him making a few comic book references, because Kevin Sullivan does seem like the kind of guy to name drop Green Arrow and Captain Marvel.

Sokantish

I'm mostly accessing the internet from public places and this thread is much too embarrassing to browse in public. I can turn images and avatars off but then what's the point?

Also whenever I'm on GAF in public, I can't scroll down fast enough to hide that logo. I'm paranoid that some Gaffer is going to catch me and make a thread about me in the OT because that's the type of user this place attracts.

I never want to meet a Gaffer face to face.

I don't blame you there, it could get awkward

G-Fex

Things have officially gone off the rails on the gaming side. People are losing their minds over a playstation branded screw.

Gaming side

I can believe they'd react over EVERYTHING.

Gaming side is marks but buy way way way too much into the thing that'd make even the biggest wrestling mark on the internets shake his or her head.

It's constant kayfabe over there

strobogo

Banned
Gaming side really is terrible. Not only is the hyperbole so bad that Tony and Gorilla would literally go bananas over, but they have the same threads all the time.

Favorite x

Least favorite x

What game makes you think of x

Did you like x

Why didn't you like x

Over and over and over.

There's a Playstation branded screw? Why?

Because the PS4 is so amazing.

You can tell how much Sony loves gamers because of all the cool things they have done over the years. Like not supporting the Vita and sending their games out to die and then closing the studios responsible for making them.

But things are different this time because they had a Foxcomm intern carve some symbols into a screw.

Things have officially gone off the rails on the gaming side. People are losing their minds over a playstation branded screw.

Don't make people have to go there to see what you're talking about, like me :/

b5d6625f-9256-48d9-80db-318ebb5f8028_640x360.jpg

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
People should avoid anything on gaming that isn't directly a OT for a game they are interested in or a community thread like iOS or Steam. SteamGAF is one of the best GAFs. They even play games... and Bad Rats.

Also looks like it's not just actual matches getting a renewed boost to tag teams, it's WWE's Youtube channel to.

Booker T & Stevie Ray vs Buff Bagwell & Scotty Riggs from WCW Saturday.
http://youtu.be/rYLpI2JWah0

strobogo

Banned
People should avoid anything on gaming that isn't directly a OT for a game they are interested in or a community thread like iOS or Steam. SteamGAF is one of the best GAFs. They even play games... and Bad Rats.

Also looks like it's not just actual matches getting a renewed boost to tag teams, it's WWE's Youtube channel to.

Booker T & Stevie Ray vs Buff Bagwell & Scotty Riggs from WCW Saturday.
http://youtu.be/rYLpI2JWah0

That will make people even less interested in tag team wrestling. They should have put up Dean/Benoit vs Rey/Kidman. Fuck the rules.

Because the PS4 is so amazing.

You can tell how much Sony loves gamers because of all the cool things they have done over the years. Like not supporting the Vita and sending their games out to die and then closing the studios responsible for making them.

But things are different this time because they had a Foxcomm intern carve some symbols into a screw.
Yeah I don't get it either.

By the way I'm starting to hate that damn Banderas gif. I thought it was funny at first but now it's so fucking overused that I can't stand it anymore.

Don't make people have to go there to see what you're talking about, like me :/

b5d6625f-9256-48d9-80db-318ebb5f8028_640x360.jpg
That's what people are going crazy over? Pfft.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That will make people even less interested in tag team wrestling. They should have put up Dean/Benoit vs Rey/Kidman. Fuck the rules.

It's a terrible choice I know, but I figure they are going to try and throw the rubbish stuff in first and build up to the good. Personally I'm content just seeing a happy, healthy Sherri from time to time with these uploads.

Forgot to mention, in NXT Corey Graves turned heel by helping up Neville, then RUNNING THE ROPES TO TACKLE HIS LEG. And then he just punches him on the ground, doesn't even, like, lock in his submission finisher and not let go, which would've been cooler, i think. No, he just punches him a bit. So telegraphed, and the shoulder block to the thigh was pretty dumb.

They had a pretty awesome theme song too. Probably in my top 5 of great theme songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7awnRAdbPk

Oh yeah, this theme is amazing. WWE should've just uploaded this theme instead of the match.

Laserfrog

There hasn't been any Lou Thesz based discussion in a long time so whos your Favorite Lou Thesz?

Least favorite Lou Thesz?

What game makes you think of Lou Thesz?

Did you like Lou Thesz?

Why didn't you like Lou Thesz?

Are you Lou Thesz?

DMczaf

There hasn't been any Lou Thesz based discussion in a long time so whos your Favorite Lou These?

Least favorite Lou Thesz?

What game makes you think of Lou Thesz?

Did you like Lou Thesz?

Why didn't you like Lou Thesz?

Are you Lou Thesz?

Who the fuck is Lou Thesz?

If you aren't getting your wrestling scores, updates, and trade rumors from a 1-800 hotline hosted by Joey Styles, are you really even a fan?

Top Bottom