• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Kaladin

Oh, I thought he was talking about something else since it was posted earlier today. Watch_Dogs is a PC game anyway!

Drive Club also very likely delayed. Those were the two next gen games I was looking forward to most. I'll probably grab a system in either Feb or March now.

DMczaf

Cody Rhodes talks about growing up in WCW

We should get Cody to do some WCW recaps for us

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wcw/cody-rhodes-growing-up-wcw-26138473

From the time I was able to, until I was about 6 or 7, I went to every local WCW show with my dad from Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama. I’d go to the WCW offices in CNN Center and sit in on my dad and Tony Schiavone doing the voiceovers for WCW Saturday Night.

I found out via Blockbuster Video how special my dad was in the sports-entertainment world. I didn’t know, because I wasn’t old enough. I wasn’t able to form a thought when he won the World Heavyweight Championship, or when he brought the WarGames, or when he was battling The Four Horsemen. That was all stuff I rented on VHS tapes at Blockbuster Video.

Cody knows how to do a god damn proper handshake!

As a young kid, I just wanted to shake everyone’s hand, shake it in a certain way and to look people in the eyes when you speak to them. With those two things, I was way ahead of the curve. Especially when I was like 7 or 8, I had a firm handshake and knew how to talk to somebody. My dad taught me that. He always does this thing, he does it to this day, where he’ll walk into a room and somebody wants to shake his hand and they don’t get up. My dad always says, “Is something wrong with your legs?” It’s horrible, because it’s ego-based. But it’s been instilled in me that I never shake anyone’s hand without standing up.

Still keeping the PS4 pre-order - Killzone, Battlefield and a few downloadable titles will hopefully tide me over until Infamous releases.

I'm kinda glad Watchdogs got pushed back - I was already having misgivings about the quality of the game after playing GTA5, so hopefully it'll get a bit more polish and we'll get a better idea of the overall scope and gameplay in the coming months.

Was tempted to pre-order AC4, but that's the sort of game that's bound to appear on PSN+ sooner rather than later.

Man, I honestly can't wait to see The Young Bucks in New Japan. I hope they at least shake Suzuki's hand, otherwise things may not go well for them, lol.

BULLET CLUB are sure to infuriate Sunny even more with The Bucks as part of the team, it will be glorious.

Mr. Nobody said:
I want to shake your guys hands

*shakes hand*

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Drive Club also very likely delayed. Those were the two next gen games I was looking forward to most. I'll probably grab a system in either Feb or March now.
I can only hope that when it does release, it'll come with a server browser of sorts. I despise random matchmaking when it comes to searching for online games. But at least the game will have a cut down PS+ edition for me to try that out.

On topic...

Wrestling Observer Newsletter said:
Total revenue from corporate sponsorship's was $7.4 million in 2008. Now, after five years of pushing PG publicly, and promising all sponsors that there would be no more risque TV, the number is expected to hit $20 million this year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Getting a PS4 with AC4 then using it to play blu rays.

It's not like there's gonna be a price cut when InFamous is out.

Sony dropping the ball at the finish line is funny though

tm24

The MP for rivals looks pretty sick.

Cancelled my ps4 preorder a few days. Infamous isnt out til february and destiny til june. Gonna wait for those to get a ps4. I can score all the ps4 ps+ freebies online so mo worries there

Striker

A leaked memo from a few years ago stated a few things. Vince has said that nobody going forward can use the phrase “Granddaddy of them all” for WrestleMania. He feels it makes WrestleMania feel old and dated. Also, nobody is allowed to use the phrase “choke” for a submission move. Undertaker’s Hell’s Gate has also been named the “Triangle Submission hold” even though it’s a gogoplata, which is not a triangle although it looks sort of similar. Kevin Dunn stated announcers can no longer use the phrase “title changes hands.” Vince has banned the use of terms “Five star match” and “Match of the Year.” It’s funny, because when Arn Anderson does agent reports, he loves to use the “five star match” phrase for a match that tears down the house. As part of the memo banning those terms he also wanted all announcers to “stop reading the dirt sheets” with the idea it influences what they say. Funny, when they book for inside fans. Stephanie McMahon sent a memo for announcers to never use the phrase “the referee didn’t see it” when a heel is doing something behind the referees back. She wrote that it makes it seem like the announcers are treating the fans like they are in grade school. She would prefer “the referee’s vision was impaired” or “the referee’s vision was blocked.” Also, never use the word “hatred” or “hate” when describing a feud. Also, the announcers should never say a talent doesn’t care about winning a match. Also, when somebody is bleeding, never make references to it or use the word blood.
Good grief.

Commentary doing to be more watered down and lifeless than ever before.

Sokantish

Striker, it says it was a leaked memo from a few years ago. King and Cole were saying match of the year like a month ago, also. Maybe they backed off that rule?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_mutshvCgKw1rkxaj4o1_500.jpg

Striker

Striker, it says it was a leaked memo from a few years ago. King and Cole were saying match of the year like a month ago, also. Maybe they backed off that rule?
Ah perhaps.

I wonder how many rules are in place for certain moves. Like why does Cole refer to a suplex as a throw.

Ithil

Good grief.

Commentary doing to be more watered down and lifeless than ever before.

The idea that Stephanie said not to talk to the audience like grade schoolers with the ref stuff is hilarious, given they have given a full, step by step tutorial on primetime TV on how to DOWNLOAD AN APP. Several times!

Kaladin

I never thought Drive Club looked that good. That Need for Speed game though, now that looks fun!

Drive Club is the definition of a launch title, but you want something that is actually next gen with a next gen console, you know? I'm not that high on Killzone or Knack.

strobogo

Banned
Reading Strobo's recaps.. and it seems like the nWo (at least proper) just stopped one day

No major angle. No break up.
Just everyone stopped doing the nWo thing.. weird for such a large and long-term angle.

That's what it seems like. The MEGA nWo reunited, but within 2 months, Hogan and Nash were pretty much faces, even while doing heel stuff. Then Lex got hurt. Hall got hurt. Hogan and Nash became full faces. Buff got kicked out by Steiner. Sting came back in WCW. Then Hogan got hurt. The only guys left were Nash and Steiner, who had little to no interaction over the past few months anyway. And now Rick Steiner is allegedly in the group, but I don't think the group exists. However, Steiner, Hogan, and Nash all still come out to the Wolfpac music.

The B Team is still around, so they are now the A Team. So the real pay off to the Finger Poke of Doom was the group quietly disbanding and Hogan/Nash becoming top babyfaces.

Backflip

A few months back, I had the chance to talk with the man formerly known as the Ultimate Warrior but have just put the video online. I was the last guy he was supposed to talk to that day and he was sick of hearing the same questions over and over again ("how did it feel to win at WrestleMania VI?") so I tried to ask him some new questions. In the end, we were both pretty happy with the interview (I got a few "that's a good question"). Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZIxMW_C-qc

It's only 10 minutes long but I like how it turned out. Please tell me what you think about it.

A few months back, I had the chance to talk with the man formerly known as the Ultimate Warrior but have just put the video online. I was the last guy he was supposed to talk to that day and he was sick of hearing the same questions over and over again ("how did it feel to win at WrestleMania VI?") so I tried to ask him some new questions. In the end, we were both pretty happy with the interview (I got a few "that's a good question"). Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZIxMW_C-qc

It's only 10 minutes long but I like how it turned out. Please tell me what you think about it.

Interesting. Those are good questions - what's interesting for me is that the good questions legit puzzled him.

The first problem we have is that we don't know who are wrestlers and who is corporate.

Dragonzord, Bootaaay, tm24, mechashiva, slightconfuse, and myself are obviously the wrestlers. We carry this thread.

Kaladin

The first problem we have is that we don't know who are wrestlers and who is corporate.

Dragonzord, Bootaaay, tm24, mechashiva, slightconfuse, and myself are obviously the wrestlers. We carry this thread.

I run this place. I know what's best for business. Triple H month was best for business. strobogo month is good for business.

Goldust month will be good for business.

I run this place. I know what's best for business. Triple H month was best for business. strobogo month is good for business.

Goldust month will be good for business.

But this thread hasn't broken 10k yet, and last year there were multiple wrestling topics with 20k plus needing an OT2. Ratings are dying. Call in a McMahon or Cena to boost.

you guys made 6000 posts, never drew a dime.

go back to high school gyms, wrestling in front of 200 rednecks.

Top Bottom