• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

DMczaf

I hate all of you who buy this.

WWE-2K14-Hulk-Hogan-Ultimate-Warrior_crop_650.jpg

Two things.

WWE 2k14

The motion and animation look much better this year. Much more fluid.

The wrestlers faces all look weird. Like its a relative not actually them.

G-Fex

OMG HULK MISS LIZ AND THE MACH

lkjsldfkjalkjf I want this game I want it :(

Does it come complete with lust filled Hogan grabbing a handful of Liz?

zychi

Banned
I'm on the fence on what to do with my PS4. I think I'm going to try and flip it now. The only games I want to play in the future are on PC and 3ds. I already have a beastly PC.

On the topic of wrestling, Maddox can actually wrestle right? He was brought into WWE as a wrestler and not a manager/GM type right?

somedevil

Looks like were getting near the end of Impacts on the road:

According to Pwinsider.com, TNA and Universal Studios have opened discussions regarding the promotion returning to the old Impact Zone in November to tape several episodes of Impact Wrestling. The word is that the company is looking to tape anywhere from four to six episodes of Impact during the week of November 21st.

The Impact Zone was located at Universal Studios Soundstage 21 in Orlando. At this time, the studio is being used as a Resident Evil haunted house for Universal's Halloween Horrors until November 2nd.

Back to the impact zone to tape shows that go through the England tour. Then after that it seems like they are going back to taping at one location.

They should have switched to the Japanese titles for 5 & 6 and just called them 'Biohazard', because they aren't Resident Evil games as far as I'm concerned.

I kinda liked 5, but it wasn't what I look for in a RE game and, after watching a fair bit of 6, I have little faith that Capcom know what they're doing with the franchise.

*edit, I always thought CHIKARA would have been a good fit for Cartoon Network - tape matches in a small club setting with the usually pretty vocal CHIKARA crowd, then get an animation studio to make cartoon vignettes that tie the storylines together.

They should have switched to the Japanese titles for 5 & 6 and just called them 'Biohazard', because they aren't Resident Evil games as far as I'm concerned.

I kinda liked 5, but it wasn't what I look for in a RE game and, after watching a fair bit of 6, I have little faith that Capcom know what they're doing with the franchise.

6 is an amazing train-wreck. If you can get it on the cheap, I recommend playing it with a friend. Hilarity will ensue, I assure you. Especially if you're playing in the same room :lol

5 is like 4 only with horrible bosses, worse set pieces, and none of the delicious cheesiness.

Writhe in my cage of torment, my friend.

RE3 was dope. That soundtrack was so 80s dark synthy goodness and Nicholai was the bomb. It also introduced Mercs. What more could you need? Great game, Nemesis was wonderful and ramped shit up considerably.

gurudyne

Watched NXT last night. Really, really solid stuff. I liked every match, even Ascension (yawn) versus versus Graves/Neville (half yawn). Women's tag team match was great. Good characterization throughout, furthered the rivalries between all four women. Breeze/Parker was great because it involved Breeze (and CJ getting busted open with a kick). And Bo Dallas had a great match with Zayn where Dallas did a better job of acting in the ring than half the RAW roster. He had some great moments or subtle gestures that sold the desperation he was feeling. Better, he was consistent throughout the match. Being as clumsy in the ring as he is (especially compared to Zayn) really paid off for the storytelling here. Great ending, too.

Commentary was also great throughout the show in that it was alternately charming (Regal and Renee) and the worst I've ever heard.

"And an interesting.......moment. ......As NXT rolls on." (commercial)

Stood out as the most bored I've ever heard a commentator be on wrestling.

I never played the GC games, but RE3 is fucking amazing. On par with 2. It greatly enhanced the gameplay mechanics, the choices and randomness makes multiple playthroughs very fun and different, mercs is pretty dope and has great rewards, and Nemesis to this day is bar none the best survival horror boss ever conceived.

You wanna know what IS a shitty RE game? Try CVX. This pile of badly designed dogshit is not only a bad RE game, but a bad game period. I finished all the mainline RE games multiple times, but I can't bring myself to even get to the halfway point of this horrifying (for all the wrong reasons) experience.

strobogo

Banned
I never really enjoyed playing RE games, but I remember watching my cousin play the first game and the dead dog bursting through the window scared the shit out of me. It has stuck with me all these years.

strobogo

Banned
I feel like I should take a bike ride, but I just want to lay in bed. But I drank last night and ate like shit all day, plus didn't ride yesterday when I had planned to because it was windy and rainy. Now it is windy, but not rainy. I know I should get out and take at least a half hour ride. But I don't want to. If Sunny was here, he could motivate me to get up and atom.

I feel like I should take a bike ride, but I just want to lay in bed. But I drank last night and ate like shit all day, plus didn't ride yesterday when I had planned to because it was windy and rainy. Now it is windy, but not rainy. I know I should get out and take at least a half hour ride. But I don't want to. If Sunny was here, he could motivate me to get up and atom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDw1nECBqN8

Enjoy life while you can because

bjork

Mr. Bob Backlund used to do duckwalks up the stairs for hours at a time, plebeian! Your immobility is having a deleterious effect on your mental well-being! Ride your bike or chickenwing yourself!

strobogo

Banned
I am now motivated and I HATE AUSTIN. I HATE AUSTIN. I HATE AUSTIN.

I'm going on a bike ride. My entire city doesn't have a fucking flat, level road. Everything around me is some kind of incline. I went a few days ago and almost died. It was great.

I am now motivated and I HATE AUSTIN. I HATE AUSTIN. I HATE AUSTIN.

I'm going on a bike ride. My entire city doesn't have a fucking flat, level road. Everything around me is some kind of incline. I went a few days ago and almost died. It was great.

Anyone know where I can find the best of Ric Flair interviews/promos from 80-89?

Kaladin

So according to an article I read, there is actual combat in Arkham Origins.....I'm not talking about hide and take out bad guys, or set piece boss battles that push story along.....I'm talking real combat.

I always felt that was something the other games was lacking.

Kaladin

Uh I had plenty of combat in Arkham City and Origins. What game did you play?

I'm talking about more than button mashing though. The other games you could get buy with little technique.....at least I did anyway. The article I read made it sound like the assassin fights are closer to Ninja Gaiden type combat than the older games.

Top Bottom