• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

I just watched a bunch of videos of Justin Credible giving out Wrestling 101 advice

why did i do this

it actually seems like pretty good basic advice

Laserfrog

Good on Lou
uncle%20lou.jpg

So..... was anyone actually looking forward to Driveclub or did they just really like the sound of getting a free "real" game at launch with PS+?

I was - it seems like the sort of blend of simulation racing and arcade racing that I enjoy, but I had a few misgivings. Namely, that they'd only shown 1 car on track and there hadn't been a huge variety in locales demonstrated. I'm sure it'll be a great game, as I enjoy Evolution's work and there's a bunch of ex-Bizarre guys working on it, but I'm glad they're giving it the extra time it needs.

I'm disappointed though, as I was looking forward to a racing game at launch. Need For Speed Rivals looks totally forgettable, just like the Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted games. Give me NFS Underground 3, already FFS.

Toki767

Maddox sold that Big Show knockout punch like a champ.
ibalykL2579BXn.gif

Other notable thing on Smackdown I guess.
iAXYRYFBApJcp.gif

And this was a cool sequence.
ibkgFkOqoYp7sO.gif

Hey. Is Sin Cara still working with WWE? Dont think I have seen him since that Del Rio match he busted his figures in.

I was - it seems like the sort of blend of simulation racing and arcade racing that I enjoy, but I had a few misgivings. Namely, that they'd only shown 1 car on track and there hadn't been a huge variety in locales demonstrated. I'm sure it'll be a great game, as I enjoy Evolution's work and there's a bunch of ex-Bizarre guys working on it, but I'm glad they're giving it the extra time it needs.

I'm disappointed though, as I was looking forward to a racing game at launch. Need For Speed Rivals looks totally forgettable, just like the Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted games. Give me NFS Underground 3, already FFS.

I can only assume a new Underground game is in the works as part of EA's "oh god how do we get people interested in this dying franchise" march they have been on the last few years.

In fact didnt a logo leak a while ago?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/12/need-for-speed-underground-reboot-in-works-at-criterion-rumour/

Yup.

Hey. Is Sin Cara still working with WWE? Dont think I have seen him since that Del Rio match he busted his figures in.

He wrestled Del Rio at a WWE house show in Mexico City on Wednesday;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha7dvIVwMMQ

Rey Mysterio had to come and save him and then held Del Rio down so Sin Cara could hit a dive...which he STILL botched.

funkystudent said:
In fact didnt a logo leak a while ago?

Yeah, Criterion debunked the rumour that they were working on it, unfortunately - I'd have liked to seen their take on the Underground series.

Yeah, Criterion debunked the rumour that they were working on it, unfortunately - I'd have liked to seen their take on the Underground series.

That could be misdirection because most of Criterion's staff now works at the new Need For Speed team. Game could have started at Criterion and moved there

what the fuck is a Contrast?

i'm still getting the damn thing (PS4) but it's gonna be sealed inside the box till inFamous SS comes out.

I cancelled my PS4 preorder at GameStop last night. My friend joked that at least they'll have one more for the store to sell on launch day and the GameStop people replied that the preorder shipment numbers weren't finalized and they'd just get one less. You'd think they'd know this kinda stuff by now.

Kaladin

I cancelled my PS4 preorder at GameStop last night. My friend joked that at least they'll have one more for the store to sell on launch day and the GameStop people replied that the preorder shipment numbers weren't finalized and they'd just get one less. You'd think they'd know this kinda stuff by now.

After canceling my pre-order, I realized that I have more to look forward to that I actually want to play. WWE 2k14, Arkham Origins and LEGO: Marvel are on the way.

Dragon Gate are returning to iPPV at last;

DRAGON GATE, "THE GATE OF DESTINY", 2013.11.03
Osaka BODYMAKER Colosseum

http://www.ustream.tv/dragonGate - $25

17:30 JST | 08:30 UK | 02:30 EST | 23:30 PST (11/02)

. Open the Dream Gate Championship: Masato Yoshino © vs Naruki Doi
. Open the Triangle Gate Championship: Mad Blankey (YAMATO, BxB Hulk & Cyber Kong) © vs MONSTER EXPRESS (Shingo Takagi, Akira Tozawa & Uhaa Nation)
. Open the Twin Gate Championship: Millenials (EITA & T-Hawk) © vs Oretachi Veteran-gun (Dragon Kid & K-ness)
. Open the Brave Gate Championship: Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! © vs Anthony Nese

Also, from the Observer;

"A quick note on the iPPVs- They are handled by entirely by Gaora. DG themselves actually have nothing to do with them. Gaora are making PPVs and any pro wrestling they broadcast live broadcasts on ustream and the Nico Nico Live services. DG will probably have a live Korakuen on iPPV on 12/19 (the second December Korakuen was a live broadcast last year), along with their last big show of the year on 12.22 from Fukuoka."

Nice. Hopefully W-1 put another show on before the year's up. Here's the current iPPV line-up;

. 10/25 - New Japan - Road to Power Struggle - $15; http://www.ustream.tv/njpw
. 11/03 - Dragon Gate - The Gate of Destiny - $25; http://www.ustream.tv/dragonGate
. 11/06 - New Japan - Road to Power Struggle - unconfirmed, as of yet. But it'll likely be a $10-$15 show, featuring the Jr's tag tournament finals.
. 11/09 - New Japan - Power Struggle - $25

Lastly, Mutoh's said that two TNA wrestlers will be competing in W-1 for their upcoming Korakuen show. Hopefully Kaz & Daniels. I'd like to see them wrestle Minoru & Kanemoto.

Haha, that's my local GAME store. So much (deserved) Basildon hate in that thread.

It's clear he doesn't know WTF he's talking about - sounds like the Gaikai thing, but the store rep probably got his wires crossed.

Kaladin

Jesse Sorenson makes his ROH debut at Glory By Honor XII. Good for him after TNA turned their backs on him. He is wrestling Tommaso Ciampa.

According to Ring of Honor, Sorenson is 100% medically cleared for competition.

After canceling my pre-order, I realized that I have more to look forward to that I actually want to play. WWE 2k14, Arkham Origins and LEGO: Marvel are on the way.

Yeah, I've got 7 3DS games and 9 Wii U games
and WWE 2K 14
all coming out before the end of November that I want to buy. There isn't even anything I want for the PS4. I think I'll be fine until MGSV comes out...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Face to face interview at Home Depot tomorrow

I'm planning on telling them I watched a lot of Terry Funk matches in preparation.

G-Fex

Home base was the WCW of hardware stores ten or so years ago

I bet you don't remember the legends like Builders Emporium huh you baby.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For what position? Good luck, man. A friend of mine got a job at Home Depot earlier this year, working in the gardening section.

'Sales Associate' they didn't specify any area, so I assume they mean general store area. Or i'll find out a specific one tomorrow. I don't know that much about home improvement, but I've got 6 years of working 'sales.'

Gotta discuss pay tomorrow as well, which is always a fun conversation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Minimum wage here is 7.25. I had 6 years of working at a Gamestop and got offered 7.50 when working electronics at Target

It isn't until just now that I realized how bullshit that is.

Top Bottom