• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

A WrassleGAF first:

Demolition smiley. Tag-team smileys!

2VxRbPb.png

Pizoxuat

*edit, I always thought CHIKARA would have been a good fit for Cartoon Network - tape matches in a small club setting with the usually pretty vocal CHIKARA crowd, then get an animation studio to make cartoon vignettes that tie the storylines together.

I'd have had me as a loyal viewer, that sounds like fun.

We should make a committee of former WrassleGAF OP makers to ensure the quality of future WrassleGAF threads.

I nominate Plywood to be the Toriyama of WrassleGAF.

Kaladin

We should make a committee of former WrassleGAF OP makers to ensure the quality of future WrassleGAF threads.

I nominate Plywood to be the Toriyama of WrassleGAF.

The COO doesn't need a committee to run this thing. I make quality threads that are best for business.

Plywood can be my Teddy Long and fetch my coffee.

G-Fex

Score guys, the local video store had a bunch of used games. Including original x-box games, so I bought tecmo classic arcade collection which has the original arcade tecmo bowl and rygar. And Time Crisis 2.

Good times!

Would've bought DMC1 but eh..nah.

GolazoDan

After watching Smackdown I can see it now.

2013: Big E Langston beats Curtis Axel for the Intercontinental Title.
2014: Big E Langston beats John Cena for the World Heavyweight Title at Wrestlemania. THE TORCH HAS BEEN PASSED.
2015: Big E Langston wins the WWE Title.
2016: Big E Langston runs for president. And wins.

strobogo

Banned
Bike ride was good. 57 minutes of strangely subdued Ric Flair promos except for when he was talking about Nikita. I guess the coked up Flair we all have come to know and love didn't start until 86/87.

A solid 8.3 mile trek with most of it being on an incline, some enough to almost make me puke when I made it to the top. I should have a phone that tracks all that, but I don't. Thanks to Shao Kahn for motivating me.

Sokantish

I'm talking about more than button mashing though. The other games you could get buy with little technique.....at least I did anyway. The article I read made it sound like the assassin fights are closer to Ninja Gaiden type combat than the older games.

Man I love the combat in games like Batman and Assassin's Creed. Sure you don't do combos or anything but if you time the attacks right you can just one shot like six guys in a row and it feels great.

I never really enjoyed playing RE games, but I remember watching my cousin play the first game and the dead dog bursting through the window scared the shit out of me. It has stuck with me all these years.
I have only finished the first one on my psx. I loved it though!

Bike ride was good. 57 minutes of strangely subdued Ric Flair promos except for when he was talking about Nikita. I guess the coked up Flair we all have come to know and love didn't start until 86/87.

A solid 8.3 mile trek with most of it being on an incline, some enough to almost make me puke when I made it to the top. I should have a phone that tracks all that, but I don't. Thanks to Shao Kahn for motivating me.

I live to serve! I mean, you live to serve....OUTWORLD!

used to love bike riding for fun but now i just do it to get around... used to bike 25 miles every other day to go see my lady

Watched NXT last night. Really, really solid stuff. I liked every match, even Ascension (yawn) versus versus Graves/Neville (half yawn). Women's tag team match was great. Good characterization throughout, furthered the rivalries between all four women. Breeze/Parker was great because it involved Breeze (and CJ getting busted open with a kick). And Bo Dallas had a great match with Zayn where Dallas did a better job of acting in the ring than half the RAW roster. He had some great moments or subtle gestures that sold the desperation he was feeling. Better, he was consistent throughout the match. Being as clumsy in the ring as he is (especially compared to Zayn) really paid off for the storytelling here. Great ending, too.

Commentary was also great throughout the show in that it was alternately charming (Regal and Renee) and the worst I've ever heard.

"And an interesting.......moment. ......As NXT rolls on." (commercial)

Stood out as the most bored I've ever heard a commentator be on wrestling.

yeah, wouldn't be surprised if this was what made higher ups go "yeaaaaaaaah, we gotta fire this guy"

WHAT A SUPLEX

G-Fex

I think Hulk Hogan has the most bizzare evolution of body change and face change throughout the years.

in the 80's he was big and had a big round head, then bam it started shape shifting.

fucking BIZZARE

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think Hulk Hogan has the most bizzare evolution of body change and face change throughout the years.

in the 80's he was big and had a big round head, then bam it started shape shifting.

fucking BIZZARE

He was downright tiny (by wrestling standards) in his early WCW days.

I always thought it would be cool if Triple H did the old Hunter Hearst Helmsley gimmick for one night as part of one of them throwback shows.

He was downright tiny (by wrestling standards) in his early WCW days.

He did go kind of skinny in the 90's.

Maybe it was the big drug case with the WWF scaring him off the stuff for a while?

Top Bottom