• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

G-Fex

Damn.

Plus that testimony is flat, I was hoping for "LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER, WHEN I USED STEROIDS IT WAS THE NEW THING, IT DID GIVE THE HULKSTER A BOOST, THEN WHEN I GOT MY HULKAMANIACS AND HULKAMANIA RUNNING WILD WHICH GAVE ME ENOUGH POWER AND STRENGTH BROTHER TO TOPPLE MOUNTAINS DUDE. YOU DONT NEED ANY SORT OF MEDICATION BROTHER WHEN YOU CAN SAY YOUR PRAYERS, EAT YOUR VITAMINS AND DRINK YOUR MILK"

DMczaf

Damn.

Plus that testimony is flat, I was hoping for "LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER, WHEN I USED STEROIDS IT WAS THE NEW THING, IT DID GIVE THE HULKSTER A BOOST, THEN WHEN I GOT MY HULKAMANIACS AND HULKAMANIA RUNNING WILD WHICH GAVE ME ENOUGH POWER AND STRENGTH BROTHER TO TOPPLE MOUNTAINS DUDE. YOU DONT NEED ANY SORT OF MEDICATION BROTHER WHEN YOU CAN SAY YOUR PRAYERS, EAT YOUR VITAMINS AND DRINK YOUR MILK"

He was also flat when he did his shoot interview on Raw about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnPfJVuz8Y0

It's serious business, he has to use his Owen voice.

Damn.

I hope you flexed after you typed that.

strobogo

Banned
It's so weird to me how I always thought Vince was just a scrawny announcer until the Attitude Era when he was always so jacked up and swole the whole time. How did I not notice?

DMczaf

Suits hide everything.

Ask Superman

John+Cena+Suits+Men+s+Suit+9q6jxr1Ujw_l.jpg

The CM Punk vs Big E Langston match was miles better than any of the Ryback matches. Also Josh Mathews struggling and almost managing to get out of Del Rios arm breaker was pretty funny

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
There was a indy show in France a few years ago that did a story line where the promotion was bought by a foreign diplomat and the building they were did shows in. As he was a diplomat and owned the building, he decided to make the ring and part of the back part of his embassy and thus technically anything that happened were subject to laws he had full authority over.

Couldn't fight outside the ring or in the crowd, on the streets, or what have you, but if you want to try and murder someone in the ring with a death match, it was perfectly legal following his nations duelling rules.

I always thought that was a good way to get around it and allow dastardly deeds through.

KenOD

Mason Ryan couldn't even get over in front of a Welsh crowd against an insulting Englishman as his opponent. Do you know how hard that is to accomplish?

If Ryan wasn't a good guy to train against for small/medium vs large muscled opponents, he wouldn't even be at the performance centre and NXT right now.

I didn't realize I had nuclear heat. I guess the only thing left for me is to join up with the marks, Aiii and Ithil, and post AJ Lee stuff.

Ot7zc.gif

KenOD

Austin reacting to Undertaker raising the lights and causing some sort of explosion, then shaking his head that he let himself be messed with like that is such a great small thing. That's the kind of stuff that would make Orton and Bryan better instead of those drawn out repeating promos they are doing, just the little things.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, Tanahashi/Okada. the in-ring storytelling is just amazing, top tier stuff. one of my top 5 of the year for sure. I'm slowly getting hooked on the New Japan train, might even buy the November iPPV

I've got an interview today but SWERVE, i'm also jobbing to a brutal cold that's kind of impairing my ability to cut effective promos, these are some tall odds to overcome, how would Cena handle this?

strobogo

Banned
Those steroid trial articles are bananas. What's strangest to me is that most of the evidence used happened in the time frame while steroids were legal. How can you build a case of distribution of illegal substances when the substances in question were legal at the time? Why was the federal government so hard up to convict Vince and not go after actual sports leagues? Why were multiple people already engaged in law suits against Titan allowed to testify?

The article mentions that all the wrestlers said they had engaged in steroid usage before, during, and after their WWF runs and from physicians other than Dr. Zahorian. Rick Rude admitted to having injected just 3 weeks prior to his testimony. Warrior said he received steroids in Texas from a doctor on the Texas State Athletic Commission on a regular basis, which was what Zahorian went on trial for. Yet none of those wrestlers or physicians were ever brought up on charges. Not a single wrestler on trial, even those with lawsuits against Vince/Titan (Nailz and Tom Zenk), said that Vince told them to use steroids. Not a single time.

The government fucked up with distribution charges. They absolutely could have nailed Vince for other stuff (allowing Zahorian to sell various drugs to wrestlers at his shows, being aware of his employees purchasing drugs in an illegal manner, being aware that many of his performers were using illegal drugs/drugs illegally, destroying the paper trail once Zahorian was indicted), but they shot too high. The main arguments were that Hogan and Vince got steroids for each other once or twice, that Hogan would have his delivered to Titan Towers and pick them up with his pay check, and that Vince made a one time large purchase that covered a few cycles.

There was a specific office worker who wrestlers would ask to call the doctor for steroids. She would and would have the packages delivered to Titan Towers, where wrestlers would pick them up along with pay checks. Vince didn't to that and didn't tell anyone to use steroids. But the main issue is that most of it went on before steroids were made illegal. So what really was going on was a doctor was committing drug fraud and distribution, which he was tried and convicted for. Vince allowed it to happen at his shows, but did not participate in the distribution. There for sure was a lot of shady stuff going on, but the government over reached. He's Vince McMahon, damn it. You best come strong at him.

HairStyles25%20Nov.%2001%2020.05.jpg

Top Bottom