• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
It's not so bad stro. I too hate teh mannings.

There's good stuff too, like laughing at the patriots and the browns.

http://i.imgur.com/YLFhf1c.jpg[IMG]

This shit is so stupid. Gaming side and the rest of twitch morons are the biggest bunch of marks.[/QUOTE]

Female Division show is the best shit on the internet.

#RIGHTNOW

G-Fex

Female Division show is the best shit on the internet.

#RIGHTNOW

Unbelievable

You know for a little while now I've kept relatively calm and chill and let nothing anger me cause you know no use getting angry.

And yet

VGCW is the biggest pet peeve I have, it still manages to bug me

jobber

Unbelievable

You know for a little while now I've kept relatively calm and chill and let nothing anger me cause you know no use getting angry.

And yet

VGCW is the biggest pet peeve I have, it still manages to bug me

Why? It's turns a shitty game into something watchable and it exploits it's glitches into part of the story.

I rather watch VGCW than play WWE 13 any day.

jobber

holy shit

these VGCW guys had a shit load of signs with VGCW chat favorite lines like:
2fast

torito_bio_20130930.png

torito_1_full_20130930.png

I suddenly understand why people who juggle college + a job are a mess a lot of the time.

I botched my sleep cycle pretty bad with a nap yesterday evening. Should have pushed through till night but I was wrenched. Now I couldn't get any sleep during the night and will be completely broken by the end of college.

On the plus side during the night I went looking the net for the best Not Microsoft office but close enough office package. Not really feeling anything. I really just want MS Office but damn that shits expensive to buy and I dont want to buy into MS's new subscription based crap. :/

And salty bet completely killed VGCW for me. Forget storylines, forget long ass load times.
Just give me pure janky AI versus janky AI action.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Was Raw good, was the 8 ball right?

I only saw a little bit of Primo and the other guy's redebut whose name escapes me.

Was Raw good, was the 8 ball right?

Nope, it was another dull raw. Punk blew out his knee. Big Show pulled faces and punched a hole through a wall. Mr. & Mrs. H's waffled on in the ring, until Dusty schooled them both. Heyman effortlessly out-promo'd everyone and it wasn't even that great of a Heyman promo. Randy did some stuff. Eh. There were no matches of note and the only remotely exciting thing was El Torito.

Jamie OD

To think just a few months ago Mascarita Dorada was having matches with Adrien Neville behind closed doors just for Rob Naylor's entertainment.

Jitters

I hate how they dropped the ball with Dolph. Are the Bellas good now because they date top faces? Why isn't Eva their friend anymore? I also hate the weekly ADR squash match, like what is the fuckin' point.

Other than that I dig WWE rn.

strobogo

Banned
That GTS sell is excellent. The best by anyone besides Rey and Bork.

What's the deal with the Wyatt Family? I thought there was some mandate about not bringing up guys if they didn't have a plan. Were they not expecting Kane to have to go make a movie?

people who complain about Big E's sell are the kind of people who think Rock is good at selling

i hate when people sell it like a shotgun blast. Big E, for all he sucks 99% of the time, actually sells it good, that's how people tend to fall after getting hit with a knee.

alistair-ubereem-o.gif

hyun-gyu.gif

Nope, it was another dull raw. Punk blew out his knee. Big Show pulled faces and punched a hole through a wall. Mr. & Mrs. H's waffled on in the ring, until Dusty schooled them both. Heyman effortlessly out-promo'd everyone and it wasn't even that great of a Heyman promo. Randy did some stuff. Eh. There were no matches of note and the only remotely exciting thing was El Torito.

Typical boring Raw then. I'll skip through most of it for the Dusty and Heyman stuff.

I hate how they dropped the ball with Dolph. Are the Bellas good now because they date top faces? Why isn't Eva their friend anymore? I also hate the weekly ADR squash match, like what is the fuckin' point.

Other than that I dig WWE rn.

I don't think you understand what a squash match is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's weird. I watch almost no MMA, but my favorite guys in wrestling right now have an MMA history or work a similar style

Shibata
r.gif

Bork
tumblr_mrzhog220o1rnjfjfo1_400_zps6c9bb782.gif

Suzuki
suzuki.gif

Sakuraba(need to make a better gif. It's a sick move, but Kono, who sucks, ducked way too soon)
tumblr_mtzfwhUBdz1sailrzo1_400.gif

Only exceptions for my favorites are Yano and Nakamura. I think it's because, when it's booked right, it just makes these dudes seem extra dangerous as opponents. And Sakuraba's just fun to watch.

strobogo

Banned
I miss Becky Bayless. I always thought she was super hot and worked with a girl who looked just like her, giant cans and all.

It's weird. I watch almost no MMA, but my favorite guys in wrestling right now have an MMA history or work a similar style

The MMA connection is incidental. The real reason you listed those people is because they're badass. Badass = best gimmick. You can be a badass technical troll like Suzuki, a badass beast like Brock, a badass striker like Shibata, or even a badass hybrid brawler like Austin; they all work. It's exactly the kind of gimmicks the WWE is missing. Legit tough pricks, both faces and heels, who don't take nothing from no one.

But nah, instead we'll get Big Show crying every week, jobbers taking a month to stick up for D Brine, Ryback being a dweeb, all the heels being cowards, etc. etc. And the only 2 guys who go for the gimmick either aren't signed full time, or can't stop getting injured, respectively. And the only guy who talks the gimmick is stuck in a boring feud with a manager and wouldn't get to wrestle the gimmick anyway. And the only other guy who could pull it off is jobbing to a joke character.

Jamie OD

WWE now only uses vanity as a theme for their new heel gimmicks. Problem is vanity can be an entertaining characteristic when done right so the heels end up becoming likeable. Look at Damien Sandow, Tyler Breeze and Aiden English for example.

strobogo

Banned
D-Bryne was a straight bad ass right after Wrestlemania. It seemed to cool down over Summer, which made no sense. In the weeks leading up to Summerslam, he went from bad mother fucker to Delightful Dan. I think it was a poor booking choice and he could carry his side of the angle a lot better as an angry bad ass than following the WWE Babyface formula. He also needs to bring back the hammer elbows. Those looked fucking vicious.

But the lack of bad asses definitely does stand out. Roman Reigns is really the only guy like that right now. Cesaro could easily be that if he wasn't jobbed out so much.

Completely unrelated, but I lol'd at WWE.com having Epico in his new gimmick under profiles, but still having Primo up as Primo.

The MMA connection is incidental. The real reason you listed those people is because they're badass. Badass = best gimmick. You can be a badass technical troll like Suzuki, a badass beast like Brock, a badass striker like Shibata, or even a badass hybrid brawler like Austin; they all work. It's exactly the kind of gimmicks the WWE is missing. Legit tough pricks, both faces and heels, who don't take nothing from no one.

But nah, instead we'll get Big Show crying every week, jobbers taking a month to stick up for D Brine, Ryback being a dweeb, all the heels being cowards, etc. etc. And the only 2 guys who go for the gimmick either aren't signed full time, or can't stop getting injured, respectively. And the only guy who talks the gimmick is stuck in a boring feud with a manager and wouldn't get to wrestle the gimmick anyway. And the only other guy who could pull it off is jobbing to a joke character.

i know the first 3 are Lesnar, Henry and Punk, but who's the one jobbing to the joke character?

Top Bottom