• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly, if there was one guy from Japan that I think could really work in WWE, it would be Shibata.

He's got the credentials, he's good looking, he's 6 foot tall which puts him at taller than Bryan but shorter than Punk, and most of his offense is lethal but doesn't require dropping people on their heads. But they'd fuck him over so bad.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think Kane is joining them, rather than opposing them when he returns.

Kane Wyatt vs Undertaker at WM,
DON'T
book it!

If I had any talent in photoshop, I would:
1. Extract the floating head (as bootaaay did)
2. Preserve the head's animations
3. Go nuts with effects. Have the head travel across the screen, bounce up and down, do tricks, whatever.

haha brilliant.

Actually...

Brilli-Ant should have been the smart intellectual member of the Colony who schemed and plotted. Basically their manager.

Honestly, if there was one guy from Japan that I think could really work in WWE, it would be Shibata.

He's got the credentials, he's good looking, he's 6 foot tall which puts him at taller than Bryan but shorter than Punk, and most of his offense is lethal but doesn't require dropping people on their heads. But they'd fuck him over so bad.

Sushi chef who cuts down opponents like he cuts seaweed.

His name would be Johnny Akira Kurosawa because Japanese stuff he likes and a name that's easy for Murrcans.

He can't use any of the moves he used in Japan.

Many vignettes before his debut, jobbing in a month.

Tags with Kofi 6 months later. #TeamAfricAsia

Leaves a year after that and explodes in NJPW with a new gimmick.

The majority of his offence would be unusable.

Could you imagine Randy Orton willingly taking Shibata's sick dropckick?

iu2ruZFuXoGLD.gif

Nope.

Ithil

Okada or Nakamura would also work if you actually gave them a chance (as in didn't do the Funaki/Yoshi Tatsu thing for once). Both guys are tall for NJPW guys (both over 6 feet) and naturally charismatic. I haven't a clue what Nakamura is saying in his promos, but damned if I'm not entertained anyway.

I think Okada speaks English, too.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't feel strongly about AJ and her shirt is mostly black anyway. no thanks. I don't want to be associated with that fandom.

There's actually a fully pink version too though, but fine, be that way!

Bottom WrassleGAF five:
5. Miss Riot

Okada or Nakamura would also work if you actually gave them a chance (as in didn't do the Funaki/Yoshi Tatsu thing for once). Both guys are tall for NJPW guys (both over 6 feet) and naturally charismatic. I haven't a clue what Nakamura is saying in his promos, but damned if I'm not entertained anyway.

I think Okada speaks English, too.

Nakamura's pretty much fluent in English & Spanish as well, he's got the look, the ability and the swagger, they'd literally need to change nothing to make him work (but would anyways).

Miss Riot

Neo Member
I just bought the shirts because they are pink. I have problems with the Susan J Komen stuff. there's a documentary out there that should be watched. its a sham. I hate it and nothing bothers me quite like those horrible I Love Boobies bracelets. I hate them so much =(

Aiii

So not worth it
I think we discussed that in length last year. It's all PR anyways. All big charities should be avoided at all costs. If you do charity, find a small scale organisation, much more trustworthy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome though, don't want to seem unwelcoming.

Shittin in Bags.

Nakamura's pretty much fluent in English & Spanish as well, he's got the look, the ability and the swagger, they'd literally need to change nothing to make him work (but would anyways).

Yeah, I also think people would have a hard time identifying with him though. I say keep him doing what he does and don't try to get him over with America. Not worth it, and they wouldn't do it right.

Kaladin

You'd think Big Show had done theater with his acting of late.....all the crying on command, and the anger he showed last night. His intensity is actually putting most of the rest of the roster to shame.

November may be time for a Big Show OT.

jmdajr

I just bought the shirts because they are pink. I have problems with the Susan J Komen stuff. there's a documentary out there that should be watched. its a sham. I hate it and nothing bothers me quite like those horrible I Love Boobies bracelets. I hate them so much =(

A friend of ours mom died pretty young from breast cancer. Really, we're doing the walk for her more than anything. Just a way of showing, hey...I'm hear for you.

Yeah I have no clue where the money is going.

Miss Riot

Neo Member
You'd think Big Show had done theater with his acting of late.....all the crying on command, and the anger he showed last night. His intensity is actually putting most of the rest of the roster to shame.

he was pretty good in Knucklehead, did anyone else see it?

Ithil

Well the only thing holding him back is that someone in WWE, presumably Vince, doesn't see Japanese wrestlers as anything other than joke characters. The idea that they need a gimmick of "guy who is Japanese" instead of "wrestler with his own gimmick" is ridiculously dated and stupid. You let Nakamura be Nakamura and he'd get over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well the only thing holding him back is that someone in WWE, presumably Vince, doesn't see Japanese wrestlers as anything other than joke characters. The idea that they need a gimmick of "guy who is Japanese" instead of "wrestler with his own gimmick" is ridiculously dated and stupid. You let Nakamura be Nakamura and he'd get over.

I know we like to think that, and in the perfect world he would, but I don't think he'd get over. :(

jmdajr

He did an interview about his last movie. He got pretty deep into it and said he had some sort of moment of clarity/breakthrough and that now..he just gets it.

Good for him really, it's his best WWE work in ages. Ever really.

Kaladin

He did an interview about his last movie. He got pretty deep into it and said he had some sort of moment of clarity/breakthrough and that now..he just gets it.

Good for him really, it's his best WWE work in ages. Ever really.

I feel like him, the Rhodes and Bryan are the only ones that give a fuck about Triple H running over the company....the rest....eh....even when they voice their grievances it sounds like another day at the office.

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of unfair, on my Birthday's Raw, AJ got all of 2 seconds of airtime. I guess we're nearing that good old Divas burial for her.

Ithil

I know we like to think that, and in the perfect world he would, but I don't think he'd get over. :(

I don't see it. He's super charismatic, likable and memorable. Guys like that get over anywhere. A few weeks of his gyrating and energetic promos, while kneeing in the heads of his opponents, and the crowd would catch on.

The WWE fans like flashy gimmicks, generally.

Penguin

Speaking of unfair, on my Birthday's Raw, AJ got all of 2 seconds of airtime. I guess we're nearing that good old Divas burial for her.

Seems like the Bellas are turning face.. and with this Bryan angle... I could possibly see it...

jmdajr

Someone last night said poor Nikki.

I hear ya.

She mus be thinking

"How big a pair do I need to get before Cena gets down on his knees."

Ithil

Seems like the Bellas are turning face.. and with this Bryan angle... I could possibly see it...

The Bellas didn't even turn face. They simply...were face, after being heels since 2008, last week. No explanation or segment to do it.
WWE seem to think that because Total Divas is doing decently, that every WWE crowd loves and follows the show and all its cast members. I thought the whole point of Total Divas was it was going to "behind the scenes" but now they're making Total Divas' kayfabe into actual WWE kayfabe too. Putting the cart before the horse and all that.

Kaladin

Turn Brie face, keep Nikki heel. With Cena out, you can get away with it...and maybe even bring Cena into TV in a supportive role to try and talk sense into Nikki.

Aiii

So not worth it
I like Total Divas and I like Nikki Bella a lot. I'm in the minority!!

Not sure if you are. Total Divas doesn't suck at all, as long as you accept this weird alternative universe it takes place in.

Nikki sucks though, at least Brie improved in the ring, Nikki is still in the "I want to claw my eyes out watching this match"-phase of her carreer.

Ithil

Not sure if you are. Total Divas doesn't suck at all, as long as you accept this weird alternative universe it takes place in.

Nikki sucks though, at least Brie improved in the ring, Nikki is still in the "I want to claw my eyes out watching this match"-phase of her carreer.

WWE are already getting confused over which universe is WWE and which universe is Total Divas. I knew they would, too.

Miss Riot

Neo Member

I can see we'll be butting heads. I don't take wrestling storylines so seriously that I'd hate a show for not being in the same universe.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can see we'll be butting heads. I don't take wrestling storylines so seriously that I'd hate a show for not being in the same universe.

You realise I said that I don't think Total Divas sucks, which means I watch and enjoy it... It's just that you need to forget what really happens on Raw and Smackdown. And have to pretend hairline fractures end wrestling careers and what not.

Miss Riot

Neo Member
You realise I said that I don't think Total Divas sucks, which means I watch and enjoy it... It's just that you need to forget what really happens on Raw and Smackdown.

sure doesn't sound like it. angry wrestling fans everywhere. just accept it for what it is.

Motherfucker hairline fractures CAN end careers

Here let me show you, gimme yo leg

*tackle*

Also I wish I was using some Twitter app that allowed me to block hashtags last night...fucking #IAmCHIKARA nonsense

Miss Riot

Neo Member
Literally exactly what I'm saying.

I've lurked here for months and you do a lot of complaining that turns me off of wrestling. I love the sport and even watch njpw when I can but its this kind of passionate arguing that is just too much for me.

Ithil

I've yet to see the Bellas offer any kind of entertainment value on WWE TV (Total Divas is something else, and even then, they are not the good part of that show) since they showed up in 2008. The idea that one is now getting a face push for being engaged is hilarious.

Top Bottom