• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

So tell me, who looked like a toolbox? The guy who supports his hobby financially, displays it in public proudly, and meets like-minded people? Or the guy who's deeply ashamed of aforementioned hobby and listens to related material privately while looking like an F-ing jackass?

Even looking like a huddled troll with bad gas issues while trying to suppress your laughter, you were STILL cooler than those other guys.

I've seen a guy in my philosophy lecture (which has a theater full of people) wear a CM Punk shirt and the Nexus shirt. I've thought about saying "nice shirt man" a few times but haven't because
1. I don't think I actually like the shirts
2. I don't wanna commit social suicide by being seen/associated with someone wearing a wrestling shirt

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
um well hm i have t--

Ctkp5.gif

the first guy is the toolbox. definitely the first guy

G-Fex

Today in my golf class (don't ask), a guy was wearing a CM Punk shirt, the white one with CM Punk surrounded by a golden frame. I overheard him talking to another classmate about wanting to get Punk's Rise Above Cancer t-shirt. In the same class, another guy was wearing a WWF (World Wildlife Fund) shirt.

I thought about saying something but kept my mouth shut. It's difficult to gauge where someone falls on the mark-smark spectrum based just on a shirt and I don't want to get trapped in a public conversation with a mark.

Later on the bus ride home, I was listening to a podcast in which Stone Cold Steve Austin was passionately shilling for an online "cougar" dating site and Sean "Xpac" Waltman recounted the times he placed shit in Sunny and Sables' food containers. I tried to surpress my laughter which must of made me look like a Special Needs person having a seizure.

So tell me, who looked like a toolbox? The guy who supports his hobby financially, displays it in public proudly, and meets like-minded people? Or the guy who's deeply ashamed of aforementioned hobby and listens to related material privately while looking like an F-ing jackass?

...I'm wearing a Doom t-shirt. That makes me cool
zdQwLRJ.png

But seriously golf class?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Today in my golf class (don't ask), a guy was wearing a CM Punk shirt, the white one with CM Punk surrounded by a golden frame. I overheard him talking to another classmate about wanting to get Punk's Rise Above Cancer t-shirt. In the same class, another guy was wearing a WWF (World Wildlife Fund) shirt.

I thought about saying something but kept my mouth shut. It's difficult to gauge where someone falls on the mark-smark spectrum based just on a shirt and I don't want to get trapped in a public conversation with a mark.

Later on the bus ride home, I was listening to a podcast in which Stone Cold Steve Austin was passionately shilling for an online "cougar" dating site and Sean "Xpac" Waltman recounted the times he placed shit in Sunny and Sables' food containers. I tried to surpress my laughter which must of made me look like a Special Needs person having a seizure.

You left more to any onlookers imagination and do not fall under the same presumptions people may have had of you if you would have worn a Doubly shirt.

smhlol if beef gets Sunny banned forreal.

Ain't no coming back from white hot heat, Beef. Don't ask for help either, you crossed that line on your own.

I remember when you two were tag team pardnuhs. You s'posed to have his back!

Lemme tell you some'thn dawg, ain't NO WAY I can help him if he goes there, you dig? Da boy got heart, but sometime he just don't use what he got in head, dawg. Limited skill and ability can only get you so far.

MAN

Even looking like a huddled troll with bad gas issues while trying to suppress your laughter, you were STILL cooler than those other guys.
Someone quietly laughing to themselves on the bus is pretty damn alarming. I tried to at least make the headphone cable and iPod clearly visible so people didn't think I was insane and about to slash some throats.
...I'm wearing a Doom t-shirt. That makes me cool
zdQwLRJ.png

But seriously golf class?
I need P.E. credits and this is one of the easiest ways, don't have to deal with dressing down, etc. Plus, it's fun :)

It's okay to like pro wrestling Bean, stop being an apologist for liking something. You poor poor soul.
Maybe in Holland, where everyone is white and earns the same salary regardless of occupation, you can get away with being a Pro Wrestling fan.

Over here? It's survival of the fittest and open wrasslin marks are on the bottom of the food chain.
You left more to any onlookers imagination and do not fall under the same presumptions people may have had of you if you would have worn a Doubly shirt.
Here's the thing though, only marks/smarks can visually ID a wrasslin shirt (usually). It's not like anyone was making fun of him because if they did, then they'd be outed as someone that knows about wrasslin. So in theory, you can wear a wrestling t-shirt without fear of repercussions because the only people that would make fun of you are people that are ashamed of being wrestling fans, so they'll stay quiet.

Maybe Aiii is on to something here.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Lemme tell you some'thn dawg, ain't NO WAY I can help him if he goes there, you dig? Da boy got heart, but sometime he just don't use what he got in head, dawg. Limited skill and ability can only get you so far.

MAN
EXCUSE ME? DID HAY SHAKE MY HAND! NO I KNO WHY>? YES I SAID SMALL!!!!

If John Cena won the belt multiple times with limited skill and ability, then Beef could be Doubly champ at least 5 times.
Here's the thing though, only marks/smarks can visually ID a wrasslin shirt (usually). It's not like anyone was making fun of him because if they did, then they'd be outed as someone that knows about wrasslin. So in theory, you can wear a wrestling t-shirt without fear of repercussions because the only people that would make fun of you are people that are ashamed of being wrestling fans, so they'll stay quiet.

The thing is that those shirts bear the Doubly logo which is still recognizable whether or not you watch the show on a weekly basis.

Someone quietly laughing to themselves on the bus is pretty damn alarming. I tried to at least make the headphone cable and iPod clearly visible so people didn't think I was insane and about to slash some throats.

Crazy people are more accepted in major urban areas than wrestling fans. It's the troof, bean. Don't risk it. You'll be blackballed from life.

You're gonna take Aiii's word on this? He drives around with a life-size AJ cutout in the passenger seat. Dude's gone.

bean, hombre, mírame- look at me. Take this advice: PEOPLE KNOW. People can smell public wrestling fans 30 yards away. Don't do it.

If John Cena won the belt multiple times with limited skill and ability, then Beef could be Doubly champ at least 5 times.

In the "Doubly" limited skill and ability can take you to the top. On GAF, it gets you nothing. Only the strong survive.

You do know that means they will ban his main as well, right?

Pretty shitty of you if true.
I already know I'm gonna get a lol-worthy answer, but why is it shitty of me to report someone breaking the rules?
smhlol if beef gets Sunny banned forreal.

Ain't no coming back from white hot heat, Beef. Don't ask for help either, you crossed that line on your own.

It's ok. I know what I'm getting into. Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

In either case, I sent the PM a few days ago and haven't gotten any response. So if Sunflower was gonna get banned, it would've happened already.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I respect you Beef. Aiii was able to deal with his AJ addiction and not post and serve his sentence. It is wrong of others not to do the same.

G-Fex

Beef seriously do you just come in here just to snitch on people?

You're as bad as darkside.

some friends you guys are, you and me and the plyster and wrecker and some other guy were like the fucking clique.

Now all I hear is the clicking of keys, keyboard keys.

The thing is that those shirts bear the Doubly logo which is still recognizable whether or not you watch the show on a weekly basis.
Not if I tuck the bottom front of the shirt into my underwear.
Crazy people are more accepted in major urban areas than wrestling fans. It's the troof, bean. Don't risk it. You'll be blackballed from life.

You're gonna take Aiii's word on this? He drives around with a life-size AJ cutout in the passenger seat. Dude's gone.

bean, hombre, mírame- look at me. Take this advice: PEOPLE KNOW. People can smell public wrestling fans 30 yards away. Don't do it.
I don't know, I bet that guy has a group of people that's like his Wrasslegaf. Imagine that, Wrasslegaf IRL.
I'd sooner blast eurobeat from my car radio than wear a CM Punk or D-Bry shirt in public

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFODclG8mBY

It's ok. I know what I'm getting into. Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

It's been real bro. You're on your own path now.

i8O6RCMfTg9Dk.gif

bullshit

How do you think I got this far?

Give yourself more credit. You're Plywoo. Y'know, the guy. The guy with the....thing. The avatar changing thing. Yeah, the avatar changing thing. That's legit talent and ability. U! S! A!

I don't know, I bet that guy has a group of people that's like his Wrasslegaf. Imagine that, Wrasslegaf IRL.

A bunch of drunk, racist, blood thirsty, cynical, delusional, nostalgic bums...

...Actually doesn't sound half bad.

Beef seriously do you just come in here just to snitch on people?

You're as bad as darkside.

some friends you guys are, you and me and the plyster and wrecker and some other guy were like the fucking clique.

Now all I hear is the clicking of keys, keyboard keys.

I just think it sets a weird standard to have someone brazenly breaking site rules and everyone is ok with it "just 'cause." Plus the ban was for what, 2 weeks? C'mon now, that's baby shit. I did a 2 week ban for less than what Sunny did and I wasn't jonesing to come back. Now Sunny is parading around in an alt like Miz was when he got fired. You guys are cheering that? You're cheering a Miz-like action that doesn't involve Maryse?

And I never snitched on you, Fex-body.

G-Fex

I just think it sets a weird standard to have someone brazenly breaking site rules and everyone is ok with it "just 'cause." Plus the ban was for what, 2 weeks? C'mon now, that's baby shit. I did a 2 week ban for less than what Sunny did and I wasn't jonesing to come back. Now Sunny is parading around in an alt like Miz was when he got fired. You guys are cheering that? You're cheering a Miz-like action that doesn't involve Maryse?

And I never snitched on you, Fex-body.

Shao isn't Sunny cakes. I'd stake my account on it. So you ready to call the fuzz on me too? I dig you man, I don't like it when rules are violated either, you don't know how badly I wanted that selena gomez thread nuked. But I withheld myself. I kept the cool. Even though there's a couple posters here I would've loved to seen get narc'd and gone for months.

I'm aware you didn't snitch on me cupcake. Plywood ans Sandman snitched on me, and I forgive them.

Don't buy into this you marks

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Announcement: AS STRO HAS SUFFERED TO WATCH WCW

I SHALL SUFFER TO WATCH WCW
in 1991. When Dangerous Alliance was the only thing worth watching. I just have to find a schedule and figure out what was televised and what wasn't.

Mr Engima, help me out. What the hell's the difference between WCW Worldwide and WCW Pro? Which one's the Smackdown and which one's the Thunder.

I know you guys like to hate on Gaming side, but c'mon. The Xbox 720p thing is funny. Microsoft is doing so bad, and yeah resolution isn't a huge deal, but as a neutral observer, this is hilarious. The CBoat post and the reaction was amazing.

what xbox 720 thing? This another inside joke?

A few games on the Bone are rumored (or confirmed) to be 900p, and now rumors of CoD and Titanfall being 720p on top of the OS being glitchy. Then CBoat all but confirms the 720p thing and the thread explodes.

It's funny. Yes it's overreaction considering the gen is just starting, but it's GAF at its best and worst which is pretty much the same thing.

G-Fex

A few games on the Bone are rumored (or confirmed) to be 900p, and now rumors of CoD and Titanfall being 720p on top of the OS being glitchy. Then CBoat all but confirms the 720p thing and the thread explodes.

It's funny. Yes it's overreaction considering the gen is just starting, but it's GAF at its best and worst which is pretty much the same thing.

hahahaha dem marks.

I think Next-Gen is starting to turn into Monday Night TNA iMPACT

Top Bottom