• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

somedevil

Some TNA News:

As seen on Thursday's Impact Wrestling, AJ Styles "walked out" of the company with the TNA World Heavyweight Title. TNA is planning on sending AJ to The Great Muta's promotion in Japan and AAA in Mexico where he will defend the belt and claim to be the real TNA World Champion. This will lead to a champion vs. champion

So he will defend at wrestle-1 and AAA though will TNA show the footage of those matches because no will know when he does the matches.

Also, the Ryback push seems about to end:

There has been lots of internal talk about the future of Ryback lately. He has heat on him for several different things.

For one, officials feel he hasn't really developed well in the ring like they were hoping. There's a feeling that Ryback has actually regressed in the ring. He also has heat on him for roughing up several different talents, most recently CM Punk.

Officials also feel that Ryback doesn't present himself well when making appearances for the company. WWE has gotten feedback on several appearances he's made over the past few months where people said he didn't look happy to be there, and this began before they turned him heel. One source described it as Ryback seeming to be annoyed by making public appearances.

It's said the "bloom is off the rose" with Ryback unless he turns things around. Vince McMahon has lost so much faith in Ryback that he may remove Paul Heyman from him so Heyman can move forward.

Seems like Heyman feud is going to end Sunday. Also, Ryback didn't start off good when he botched that power bomb on Bryan before his Summerslam match.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ryback has never been anything other than sloppy in the ring, it's weird it took them this long to figure that out.

I'm not sure what Netflix is trying to tell me.

BRET HART IS A GOD DAMN CENOBITE?

5Ki2kuOl.jpg

Ithil

AJ/paige/emma/summer/kaitlyn and sasha backs should be the Smackdown 6 of the divas division

Sasha Banks needs about two years of work on her acting/character (because she is dire right now at talking), Summer and Kaitlyn are not good enough in the ring yet. Paige, Emma and Bayley are your best NXT prospects for the women right now.

So if Big E wins the IC title tomorrow night, does that help him or hurt him? Serious question. That title seems to bury whoever has it around their waste (Axel, Barrett, Miz, Cody, etc etc)

So if Big E wins the IC title tomorrow night, does that help him or hurt him? Serious question. That title seems to bury whoever has it around their waste (Axel, Barrett, Miz, Cody, etc etc)
When was the last time they had a non-transitional babyface champ though? I remain optimistic

Sasha Banks needs about two years of work on her acting/character (because she is dire right now at talking), Summer and Kaitlyn are not good enough in the ring yet. Paige, Emma and Bayley are your best NXT prospects for the women right now.
She needs the Kanye shades

Penguin

It depends

I actually thought it helped Cody more than hurt him.
And the IC title didn't hurt Axel.. him holding it for so long has hurt the belt more than anything.

Ithil

The arenas are tiny (full on bingo hall size there), and admission I believe is free. It's really just training for the talent.
Plus they only run in Florida at the moment. I think there's talk of going to other states to freshen it up next year.

Yeah, the road shows for NXT are really so they can mimic working house shows. Same as the TV tapings.

Also Ace Attorney 5 light spoilers:

Something of note: The Amazing Nine-Tails is the new Steel Samurai to me. So goofy.

Also, APOLLO JUSTICE: STOP BREAKING KAYFABE

Aiii

So not worth it
Wait, the IC title match is on the PREVIEW SHOW?

hahahahah

I think they did this on purpose to have a title change before the show to convince people this show won't be a dud like the last two and get some last minute buys that way.

Aiii, please ask her on Twitter.

Couldn't care less, I saw that pic and saw you guys discussing it so I posted it here. I regret it already.

Also Ace Attorney 5 light spoilers:

Something of note: The Amazing Nine-Tails is the new Steel Samurai to me. So goofy.

Also, APOLLO JUSTICE: STOP BREAKING KAYFABE

you can tell by the music that it's trying so hard to be the new Steel Samurai equivalent, in which case it could be a recurring element so now all we need is a wrestling related case in a future game where someone gets legit walloped by a foreign object mid match or something

Oh good lord, joke spoilers in the Ace Attorney 5 OT. Such a fun time.

And I wondered why you guys didn't like Gaming-GAF so much. Good god. So fucking stupid.

Couldn't care less, I saw that pic and saw you guys discussing it so I posted it here. I regret it already.

I don't think I can be an AJ Lee fan if she indeed has a tongue piercing. Getting a neck tattoo and attending a baseball game with CM Punk was the beginning of her downward spiral but if this is true, that means CM Punk is influencing her and I want no part of that.

I must know definitively whether or not her tongue is pierced. Someone please ask her on Twitter.

I'd do it myself but I'm shy.

Kaladin

Hell In A Cell PPV always feels rushed and pointless being shoehorned into a 2 month PPV. It's part of the reason that the Hell In A Cell match is a watered down concept now.

Hell In A Cell PPV is pretty dumb but TLC is probably the dumbest PPV of the year ever since they decided to split the table, ladder and chairs up in separate matches.

I mean a The chair match? The hell is that nonsense?

was listing to excaliburs AOw.

1) him getting a job at vivid pictures ding touch up is hilarious

2) inoki wanting to book ovreem vs kikutaro in shot fight was hilarious.

3) funny hearingt hem talka bout how good PAC is and that WWE should sign him

also meltzer said they are having 2 ppvs injune instead of ocotber next year.

Kaladin

Hell In A Cell PPV is pretty dumb but TLC is probably the dumbest PPV of the year ever since they decided to split the table, ladder and chairs up in separate matches.

I mean a The chair match? The hell is that nonsense?

I'm waiting on a chairs match where they don't use chairs.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't think I can be an AJ Lee fan if she indeed has a tongue piercing. Getting a neck tattoo and attending a baseball game with CM Punk was the beginning of her downward spiral but if this is true, that means CM Punk is influencing her and I want no part of that.

I must know definitively whether or not her tongue is pierced. Someone please ask her on Twitter.

I'd do it myself but I'm shy.
Where's Beef at, I'm sure he'll do it for the WrassleGAF yunvers.

Kaladin

You know, there is nothing about a TLC match which says you have to use tables or chairs...and if pinfalls are allowed, you don't have to use ladders even.

So if chairs are not part of the decision making process in a chairs match, who is to say you have to use chairs in a Chairs Match?

Jamie OD

You know, there is nothing about a TLC match which says you have to use tables or chairs...and if pinfalls are allowed, you don't have to use ladders even.

So if chairs are not part of the decision making process in a chairs match, who is to say you have to use chairs in a Chairs Match?

Just like how you don't have to get violent in a Hell In A Cell match. In theory you could have an entire HIAC match without leaving the ring. But that's like saying the climactic fight scene in a movie doesn't have to involve the surrounding area the hero and villain are fighting in.

Aiii

So not worth it
BXhrOOYIIAAs3-n.jpg:large

Security guard is very distrustful of 84-year-old women. I wonder what happened to make him be that way. Must be the cane.

Top Bottom