• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Bookies tell us who will win tonights PPV (yes, there is a PPV tonight)...

John Cena
(1.05)
Big E Langston
(1.12)
Brie Bella
(1.61)
Cody Rhodes & Goldust
(1.07)
CM Punk
(1.07)
Randy Orton
(1.14)

Note: The smaller the number, the more likely

Gaming side needs to learn how to handle disappointment like we manage to do

They've been force fed disappointment for years, and they've failed to develop the same type of resistance. If anything, they've only developed a taste for it. They feed on it; it's like they're almost enjoying their anger.

G-Fex

They've been force fed disappointment for years, and they've failed to develop the same type of resistance. If anything, they've only developed a taste for it. They feed on it; it's like they're almost enjoying their anger.

congrats, you cracked gaming side.

He BROKE THE CODE! THE CODE!

Tze8kAc.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching 90s WWF
Watching 90s WCW

I'll take Schiavonne and Heenan over HBK and Vince any day of the week.

And Bret's such a piece of shit in this match. He comes out and attacks Owen when he's about to win the title fair and square. If you wanted revenge why not just do it at the start?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm going to laugh pretty hard when 'games journalism' is wiped out because youtube kids will do it cheaper and most the journalists just act like cheerleaders for the companies that are replacing them.

I've been more entertained watching Cosmo stream Castlevania 64 tonight than any professionally produced games 'media'. Mostly because, unlike journalists, he doesn't have complete disdain for his audience.

G-Fex

I'm going to laugh pretty hard when 'games journalism' is wiped out because youtube kids will do it cheaper and most the journalists just act like cheerleaders for the companies that are replacing them.

I've been more entertained watching Cosmo stream Castlevania 64 tonight than any professionally produced games 'media'. Mostly because, unlike journalists, he doesn't have complete disdain for his audience.

Careful there Dragon.

Gaming Journalism is Serious Business

Look out Meltzer, Sessler is coming for you brother.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember when Gary Whitta was on Giant Bomb telling people to stop acting entitled and then he was complaining about not getting a Mass EFfect 3 Collectors Edition

and then Bioware got him one on Twitter.

G-Fex

Remember when Gary Whitta was on Giant Bomb telling people to stop acting entitled and then he was complaining about not getting a Mass EFfect 3 Collectors Edition

and then Bioware got him one on Twitter.

he did? LOLlolololol.

So that means if you are anyone in the industry, even a writer, you can just complain to the company and get free stuff whenever you want?

That's something.

Aiii

So not worth it
Best worst parts about gaming side?

1. When they hype themselves up beyond belief for certain games and end up dissapointed because the game can never match their expectations.
2. When people say they want a third party game to go multiplatform (like Persona 5 coming out for Xbox or Nintendo) and people go insane over it claiming it's a "Sony game".

I'd rather have people hyped than WAH I HATE ALL GAMES ALL MODERN GAMES ARE FOR BABBY
That sounds like somebody on gaming side for christ's sake! Get it together! All of you! You're making me scared for the future of video game entertainment.

Thank god we still have Vince or else sports entertainment would be in the same hell hole. Then you'd have Dave Meltzer going crazy on twitter talking about it's going to ruin his livelyhood.

G-Fex

1. When they hype themselves up beyond belief for certain games and end up dissapointed because the game can never match their expectations.
2. When people say they want a third party game to go multiplatform (like Persona 5 coming out for Xbox or Nintendo) and people go insane over it claiming it's a "Sony game".

Yup. Course that isn't just for games cause it's kinda for movies and just about anything else.

the 2nd one is definitely true.

I can't call them marks cause they're not just that, they're beyond that. They invented a new kind of mark, a super mark.

or just dorks as I call them.

Sokantish

Aiii how come you never accepted my friend request in Hearthstone?! Does this mean we are not friends?

Also, I want everyone to be able to enjoy Persona 5. Except if it's on the 3DS I'M GONNA BE MAD. For like two seconds and then still get the game

I hated when Gaming side became more about people than products. There is more threads about people (Adam Boyes, Larry Hyrb, Hideki Fucking Kamiya, Shuhei Yoshida), and 20 page discussions on some fools 140 character Twitter comment than intresting talk about actual games :/

Fuck people!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just don't like supporting people who hate the majority of their audience.

It's why I don't get why people support Brad Shoemaker. And yeah, the 'celebritization' I just made a word up, is the weirdest part of the games industry. Like, who fucking cares, dude.

G-Fex

I hated when Gaming side became more about people than products. There is more threads about people (Adam Boyes, Larry Hyrb, Hideki Fucking Kamiya, Shuhei Yoshida), and 20 page discussions on some fools 140 character Twitter comment than intresting talk about actual games :/

Fuck people!

I'm with Keyser here. It's sad what's become of the way things are now.

You can say that about the so called casuals is that at least they only give a shit about the games, even if it's angry birds or call of duty or portal or whatever.

I like GB too - one of the only sites I bother to visit for gaming content.

The reason I like them though is they seem pretty normal - regular guys without an agenda talking about games. Everyone else (PARTICULARLY POLYGON) seems to be making a video, article, or tweet, with some self promoting agenda behind it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Aiii how come you never accepted my friend request in Hearthstone?! Does this mean we are not friends?

Also, I want everyone to be able to enjoy Persona 5. Except if it's on the 3DS I'M GONNA BE MAD. For like two seconds and then still get the game

Never got it mate, maybe because I'm in region Europe?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Site's generally too negative about games for me to enjoy anymore, honestly. I've got enough of that on Gaf.

You can say that much for wrestling fans. If we hate something from a year ago, we hate it a year later. If we like something from a year ago, we like it a year later.

Sokantish

Never got it mate, maybe because I'm in region Europe?

Yep, seems like the beta is region locked. Well that's just GREAT!

Site's generally too negative about games for me to enjoy anymore, honestly. I've got enough of that on Gaf.

You can say that much for wrestling fans. If we hate something from a year ago, we hate it a year later. If we like something from a year ago, we like it a year later.

I dunno man, Vinny always makes games seem better. Even really bad ones!

G-Fex

Ok Dragon, I'm out of the loop on a ton of new shit with this new generation. Including companies and gaming news sites.

What's Polygon?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A pokemon

Also known as the biggest, fucking badasses in games journalism. They'll fuck you nerds up..... with the help of their wonderful partnership with Microsoft, of course
ib24JWFw5tG0vm.gif

G-Fex

badasses and game journalism just can't go together sorry.

Is that tough guy there going to play some new kingdom hearts game as he waits for his tattoo to heal up?

G-Fex

anyone else want to join me in making a nWo in gaming industry.

We're going to go to review events unannounced and stand around. We'll say we bought our tickets just like the other people there. When they're about to talk on the mics we'll take the mics and say "SO THIS IS WHERE THE BIG BOYS REVIEW HUH? LOOK AT THE ADJECTIVE REVIEW"

and we'll totally do vine videos in black and white.

anyone else want to join me in making a nWo in gaming industry.

We're going to go to review events unannounced and stand around. We'll say we bought our tickets just like the other people there. When they're about to talk on the mics we'll take the mics and say "SO THIS IS WHERE THE BIG BOYS REVIEW HUH? LOOK AT THE ADJECTIVE REVIEW"

and we'll totally do vine videos in black and white.
But who would play the role of Hollywood Hulk Hogan? It's gotta be a man from the inside.

"Should we expect Sora to be in the new Kingdom Hearts, Dave?"
"I don't know! I mean I guess he should, right?"
All right. That idea is just too good. I'll get in contact with Dave right away about switching industries.

AJPW held a show at Ryogoku Kokugikan today, it was supposedly another awful attendance for them, but they apparently were unable or unwilling to back out of the booking.

Terry Funk & Dory Funk Jr. made their All Japan returns, wrestling Osamu Nishimura & Masanobu Fuchi to a 20 minute time limit draw! The combined age of all 4 men? Two hundred and forty two years.

Lastly, they debuted the new All Japan 'Triple Crown' Championship that will replace the ageing (yet historic) original belts that make up the Triple Crown; the NWA UN Title, the PWF Heavyweight Title and the NWA International Heavyweight Title;

irxHiCcWSGKYL.jpg

In the main event
Akebono defeated Suwama to become the new Triple Crown Champion
!

Incidentally, I hear Paul London vs Roderick Strong from the ROH tapings last night was an easy MOTYC.

*edit, recent NOAH matches that may be of interest;

08/24; Shinsuke Nakamaura & Naomichi Marufuji vs KENTA & Takashi Sugiura
09/07; Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs Daisuke Harada
09/07; KENTA (c) vs Shane Haste
10/26; Zack Sabre Jr. vs Super Crazy vs Eddie Edwards
10/26; Takashi Sugiura vs Yuji Nagata

Laserfrog

I think video games are pretty amazing, I was playing a video game last night and I said to myself "Wow this is a video game." I just hope I can capture what makes the video game so great into a video about the video game, much like someone would capture a Pokémon. But unlike Pokémon which is a video game, video games don't need to be captured, unless you're making a video about a video game. Or something to do with journalism.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm watching Cool As Ice. This movie is the 90sest movie ever. This movie makes Space Jam look modern.

The Rifftrax are helping though.
'I'm not Snow, damnit.'

DMczaf

Adam Sessler is #legitshook

I'm reading that thread and laughing my fucking ass off. Sessler is such a drama queen. He had his fucking wife tweeting for him because of how legit shook he was?! Seriously?! Get the fuck out of here, get a real job.

I want a real job. :(

Top Bottom