• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

strobogo

Banned
I'm going to do a 20 mile bike ride today. I'm looking for either a promo collection like the Flair ones a few days ago for Gorrila, Vince, or Heenan.

DMczaf

tumblr_mvb9pyqQh81s454t0o1_500.jpg

Not to derail the thread, but the main reason I left gaming journalism (and will NEVER go back) was because of all the DRAMA. Ugh. Even on the publisher side, there's still drama, but nearly as silly as it is on the media side, mostly because it's almost all internal.

Anyways, I'm actually kinda excited for Hell in a Cell tonight. There's a part of me that really wants D-Bry to win, but there's another part of me that kinda wants Orton to win, just to see the Internet meltdown. I'm almost at the past-the-point-of-caring stage after the last few weeks of TV, so I think either way I'll be amused.

DMczaf

Not to derail the thread, but the main reason I left gaming journalism (and will NEVER go back) was because of all the DRAMA. Ugh. Even on the publisher side, there's still drama, but nearly as silly as it is on the media side, mostly because it's almost all internal.

You just didn't know how to play the game, man. Politikin and hand shakin is part of my every day life. I'm also unemployed.

I think video games are pretty amazing, I was playing a video game last night and I said to myself "Wow this is a video game." I just hope I can capture what makes the video game so great into a video about the video game, much like someone would capture a Pokémon. But unlike Pokémon which is a video game, video games don't need to be captured, unless you're making a video about a video game. Or something to do with journalism.

eg8a1.gif

Anyways, I'm actually kinda excited for Hell in a Cell tonight. There's a part of me that really wants D-Bry to win, but there's another part of me that kinda wants Orton to win, just to see the Internet meltdown. I'm almost at the past-the-point-of-caring stage after the last few weeks of TV, so I think either way I'll be amused.

lol, no one's gonna melt down. No one cares.

Oh god Gaming-GAF D:

and Gaming Journalism-GAF D:

*flees*

IMO though, Sessler is probably talking about a company trying to block monetization of stuff they own, like Nintendo did. Microsoft? Sony?

I have no effing clue what the heck you guys are talking about regarding gaming here. I guess with this next generation I'll finally transition to non-gamer. The past gens I've gone hardcore > casual > non. it's just as well, now I can spend money on wrestling merch instead.

Oh god Gaming-GAF D:

and Gaming Journalism-GAF D:

*flees*

IMO though, Sessler is probably talking about a company trying to block monetization of stuff they own, like Nintendo did. Microsoft? Sony?

I think the moaning was because they are not getting free early ps4 hardware so they have to go to a review event to review Knack if they want to do day 1 reviews.

I think. I dont know. Sessler has been doing Zack Ryder levels of twitter bitching lately.

strobogo

Banned
20 miles, up from 4 about a month ago. My ass hurts. WITH A TEAR IN MY EYE, my ass hurts.

i3FkZZw9RGzQn.gif

I did a Flair Flop when I got back to the house.

G-Fex

I'm reading that thread and laughing my fucking ass off. Sessler is such a drama queen. He had his fucking wife tweeting for him because of how legit shook he was?! Seriously?! Get the fuck out of here, get a real job.

I want a real job. :(

his wife was tweeting his dramatic shit? Oh god.

Was he sitting down in the shower crying?

G-Fex

That promo is setting anyone who watched it up for disappointment when they have a typical, sterile HIAC match. Bring the blood! HIAC with no blood is stupid. I'm not really a blood hound kind of guy (I'm not a Nazaaaayyyy), but that is a match type that really demands blood.

nope no blood stro.

Vince McMahon turned off the blood code, so we just got sweat.

this is a wrestling board isnt it? what happened to all the wrestling topics in OT?

Some big goof with muscles coming out of his ears named Sunflower used to make those but he got himself banned for trolling in the gaming forum. That overgrown knuckledragger is more concerned with developing his glamour muscles like Ryback instead of developing his core strength like Antonio Cesaro, he should probably take up bike riding if you ask me.

At any rate, what were we talking about?

Some big goof with muscles coming out of his ears named Sunflower used to make those but he got himself banned for trolling in the gaming forum. That overgrown knuckledragger is more concerned with developing his glamour muscles like Ryback instead of developing his core strength like Antonio Cesaro, he should probably take up bike riding if you ask me.

At any rate, what were we talking about?

We were talking about how tonight is the night Curtis Axel shocks da wurl with a brilliantly planned swerve, earning himself a title shot. It'll be the beginning of the genesis of Axelmania.

I still can't believe you guys made an OT for a freaking TNA PPV.

Just watched Jun Kasai vs Ryuji Ito from a few years back, pretty good deathmatch that wasn't relying solely on the bloodshed for the entertainment. However, razor boards are dumb. Just like gusset plates. They're a shit gimmick for a deathmatch, because not even deathmatch wrestlers are insane enough to treat them lightly, as they now do with lighttubes and barbedwire.

Surprised this went as well as it did;

ibhvDhmxbKC3V7.gif

Dat balcony dive;

iBwIHT5KrHKLO.gif

Top Bottom