• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

strobogo

Banned
I jumped off high things all the time in elementary and middle school. I was like a young Dean Ambrosia. Now jumping off one step makes my knees hurt for hours.

I'd goof off wrestling wise with friends a ton too. I had the old Hogan wrestling buddy from 89, but I'd beat the TAR out of it. Toss it out of cars when we got home, suplex it down stairs, etc etc.

The first PPV I ever bought with my own money was No Way Out 2000. The second...was Wrestlemania 2000, All Day Long edition.

Recorded that shit on VHS, watched it until I wound out the tape on the awesome 13 inch TV/VCR my parents got me for my birthday later on. And inbetween segments, TRAMPOLINE WRESTLING WHEE :p

I jumped off high things all the time in elementary and middle school. I was like a young Dean Ambrosia. Now jumping off one step makes my knees hurt for hours.
i was never a fan of jumping off of stuff but we had little to no mats when taking suplexs and powerbombs and now i crash on my bike and im hurting for days hahaha

Remember my friends mom getting pissed we tried to have a ladder match in his basement

lol what hahahaha

One of my friends in Year 7 (God save the Queen) tried to use the Killswitch in a fight. I generally used to sympathise with him a lot but I couldn't hold back the tears of laughter. It was quite the sight. You have this heated argument that escalates into a fist-flailing brawl and then he tries to get behind him and grab the other guy's arms to turn him round for, of all people, Christian's finisher.

worst move i ever took.... such a fuckin bad idea lol. everything went quite and shit was spinning,,,,
HBFlopx.gif

Pretend Wrasslin? How meta.

You son of a bitch *flying knee*

One of my friends in Year 7 (God save the Queen) tried to use the Killswitch in a fight. I generally used to sympathise with him a lot but I couldn't hold back the tears of laughter. It was quite the sight. You have this heated argument that escalates into a fist-flailing brawl and then he tries to get behind him and grab the other guy's arms to turn him round for, of all people, Christian's finisher.

Did...Did he engage it?

worst move i ever took.... such a fuckin bad idea lol. everything went quite and shit was spinning,,,,
HBFlopx.gif

OH GOD WHY, MAN

Was his first name Shark by chance ??

strobogo

Banned
Trampoline wrestling hurt way worse than wrestling on the ground or floor. The first time my cousin gave me a running powerslam and I bounced back up into his shoulder was one of the most painful moments of my life. There were like 4 impacts. And every once in a while you'd actually bounce off the ground. Trampoline wrestling isn't fun unless you're under 100 pounds.

-- TNA's live events schedule reveals that the company has no house shows scheduled for the month of October.

The only dates scheduled are the iMPACT! TV tapings on October 10th and 24th along with Bound For Glory on October 20th.

Thats kind of nuts. Only 3 events the entire month. Must be a killer for a lot of the talent who only get paid per appearance and are not allowed do indie shows.

Did...Did he engage it?
I think it was called the Unprettier at the time he tried it. What made it that bit weirder is that he actually got him turned around and in place, but decided to take the time to shout "UNPRETTIEEER!" by which time the guy had got free. Probably for the best.

Was his first name Shark by chance ??
Unfortunately not, though he was a fan of Sharks. Maybe it's an alter-ego type thing.

Trampoline wrestling hurt way worse than wrestling on the ground or floor. The first time my cousin gave me a running powerslam and I bounced back up into his shoulder was one of the most painful moments of my life. There were like 4 impacts. And every once in a while you'd actually bounce off the ground. Trampoline wrestling isn't fun unless you're under 100 pounds.

We actively avoided doing stuff we could bump onto each other on. Bit of a mess.

hrm1M.gif

Thats kind of nuts. Only 3 events the entire month.

They're a true indy now! :D

I think it was called the Unprettier at the time he tried it. What made it that bit weirder is that he actually got him turned around and in place, but decided to take the time to shout "UNPRETTIEEER!" by which time the guy had got free. Probably for the best.

GODDAMNIT

Hoisted by his own petard~! :p

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
In middle school, it was a game between my friends and I to try and sneak up and get someone in a Tazmission.

My friend broke his arm taking a ladder bump onto a trampoline for our trampoline tag title match.

Unfortunately not, though he was a fan of Sharks. Maybe it's an alter-ego type thing.

Is shark Johnson from the motherland ???

yeah, i hated wrestling in a trampoline... even nowadays when where at one of our buddies kids party's and they have a bounce house.. ohh man you better bet your ass we are all in there fuckin shit up hahaha

You son of a bitch *flying knee*

Did...Did he engage it?

OH GOD WHY, MAN

cause we where dumb kids lol and we doing crazier and stupider things lol. especially when we would do it at the park and people would stop to watch lol. onetime there was a baseball game and the people in the stands stopped watching the game to watch us dumb asses lol. later on asking if we did it there every weekend..

strobogo

Banned
current wrestlers on TV or just at the moment?

Ever. Current. Whenever. Just a Fave Five.

My current Fave Five:

1. Disco Inferno
2. D-Bryne
3. Norman Smiley
4. Kanyon
5. Raven's preppy friend, Jim

Honorable mentions to Tony Schiavone, Paul Heyman, Mr. Wrestling II, and Dusty Rhodes.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
watch the Bray Wyatt promo from last night

listen to what he was saying especially the part about all the KING'S men

then listen to the music Triple H comes out to now

The promo Bray was cutting wasn't going at KUFI. His guys didn't even attempt to attack KUFI where in the past, they would kill anyone who was in the ring even if they weren't the target of Bray's promo.

The Family is going after the King of King's men..The Shield

G-Fex

watch the Bray Wyatt promo from last night

listen to what he was saying especially the part about all the KING'S men

then listen to the music Triple H comes out to now

The promo Bray was cutting wasn't going at KUFI. His guys didn't even attempt to attack KUFI where in the past, they would kill anyone who was in the ring even if they weren't the target of Bray's promo.

The Family is going after the King of King's men..The Shield

Heels won't fight heels

you're crazy

Hey everyone, Jobber has gone crazy.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Heels won't fight heels

you're crazy

Hey everyone, Jobber has gone crazy.

The Wyatts aren't heels. They haven't been full blown heel since Kane vanished. Bray's whole message is going against the people in power. Triple H is on control of WWE.

G-Fex

The Wyatts aren't heels. They haven't been full blown heel since Kane vanished. Bray's whole message is going against the people in power. Triple H is on control of WWE.

Conspiracies against Triple H, Jobber?

To quote Vince McMahon "You've been watching one too many Oliver stone movies"

Nobody is going to take down the shield. They even have bullet proof vests. No hokey fellas with LED lamps are going to scare them.

strobogo

Banned
Conspiracies against Triple H, Jobber?

To quote Vince McMahon "You've been watching one too many Oliver stone movies"

Nobody is going to take down the shield. They even have bullet proof vests. No hokey fellas with LED lamps are going to scare them.

Dean Ambrosia stopped wearing his. He's gonna get got.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope Sheamus comes back and is like 'I can't believe you people cheered me all along! I mean, did you see what I did to Alberto Del Rio? I committed actual crimes against another human being over a title belt, and you people cheered for it!'

G-Fex

I hope Sheamus comes back and is like 'I can't believe you people cheered me all along! I mean, did you see what I did to Alberto Del Rio? I committed actual crimes against another human being over a title belt, and you people cheered for it!'

new gimmick, the celtic criminal

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even if they did that, they'd have the Wyatts 'replace' the Shield, turning the Shield face with Mr H's saying the Shield did a bad job or whatever
because little girls already get hot and bothered over them, so this'll be easier.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You'd think, but nope, Dean is far away the leader of tumblr fangirls.

Then it's probably a tie between Rollins and Reigns.

G-Fex

well fellas I thought tout was bad

but it turns out Tumblr is pure poison.

Though I use it for...things. It is a dangerous place to wander with fangirls (and boys) rabid as hell and claiming pretty boy wrestlers as their own.

Tumblr is the root of the problem.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Dean Ambrose seems like the kind of guy who pays his good buddy Brian Kendrick to flood Tumblr with pictures as a way to get attention.

Also I'm watching The Fall Guy. Good show from the States and needs to be remade, only with a independent wrestler who takes side jobs as a bounty hunter rather than a stunt actor.

I love The Shield, especially now that they're actually getting to do PROMOS once in a while and have an actual direction, but goddamn, I can't wait to see what they all do when they finally part ways. Between those three, Zayn, Neville, and a few others, WWE is in good hands for at least a few years.

Top Bottom