• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

strobogo

Banned
In line with Sunny's WAR:

Anime and Japanese culture after 1970 in general weirds me out.

Football is stupid. Rugby is cooler, but not something I want to watch more than once every few years.

Regular people being obsessed with Twittah makes no sense to me. Just regular people who work at a call center always telling people to follow them on Twitter like they have something to promote. Makes zero sense to me.

My local newscasters regularly read straight from their phones without even looking at cameras, and at least one of my local stations now uses Skype for on location segments and it looks like shit. So unprofessional.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In line with Sunny's WAR:

Anime and Japanese culture after 1970 in general weirds me out.

Football is stupid. Rugby is cooler, but not something I want to watch more than once every few years.

Regular people being obsessed with Twittah makes no sense to me. Just regular people who work at a call center always telling people to follow them on Twitter like they have something to promote. Makes zero sense to me.

My local newscasters regularly read straight from their phones without even looking at cameras, and at least one of my local stations now uses Skype for on location segments and it looks like shit. So unprofessional.

Yours isn't too crazy. The shit with the newscasters is surprising - then again I've not seen the news in quite some time, so I don't know if this is a normal thing. That just sounds unprofessional as hell.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 2/25/99

The show starts out right away with a recap of the DDP/Steiner feud.

Hak vs Damian

YO! All matches of his going forward will be Hak Matches, which means no rules. Sandman is wrapped in barbed wire (which you can purchase at Bob's Wire City). Damian kicks his ass in the opening minutes. Not a strong start for Hak. Straight up kicking his ass. Damian, a guy who has never won a match on WCW TV and is a jobber even among lucha jobbers. Hanging leg drop from Hak. It goes back to the floor where Hak does another leg drop, this time off the apron with Damian on the guard rail. Tree of Keanu Reeves dropkick with a chair. ECFNW! Damian attempts a rope walk arm drag. Hak hits him with he cane. Damian then blocks some cane shots, hits Sandman with a few, but is finally hit with the White Russian Legsweep. Hak wins. Not a strong showing from him. Damian beat his ass for most of the match.

ibzNWa2bVK8SIP.gif

Hector Garza vs Psychosis

Hector has lost his Zorro gear already. Not a lot to mention. Basic lucha match. Hypno won with the guillotine.

Recap of the tag tournament finals and aftermath.

The Cat vs Stevie Ray

Cat still hates having the Glacier entrance, even though he bought it. He also bought the helmet and contact, but has yet to come out with them. Should have been another match with Norton. If Cat couldn't even beat Virgil, how is he going to beat Stevie? World's Strongest Slam! Blatant low blow from Stevie right in front of the ref. Low blows are totally cool in WCW now. No one even gets reprimanded for them anymore. Ref bump. Sonny kicks Stevie like it would do anything. Slapjack on Sonny. Stevie goes up for something. VINCE runs out and hits him with a slapjack. Cat wins.

Another recap of the aftermath of the tag titles match. Benoit choking people with belts. I won't gif that again.

Recap of Bret vs Booker.

Raven/Kanyon vs El Dandy/Villano V

Raven says he spent the last 2 months in and out of sanitariums. We know that isn't the case. His sister from his days off is there as a reminder. He's sick of Hak and Bam Bam, two jobbers, saying they're hardcore. Kanyon is keeping it real in the 1 triple 9. Sit out Dominator to Villano. Raven actually wrestles again. Kanyon punches a chair into Villano's masked face. Drop toe hold on a chair. Evenflow. Raven picks Villano up twice from the pin. Kanyon puts El Dandy on a table. Raven dives on it. I guess Raven did make the pin on Villano.

ibn48GTYPJx0yR.gif

Blitzkrieg vs Juentud Guerrera

I'll just gif the wacky shit. Juvi wins with the Juvi Driver in a hard fought match. Pretty stoked to see their Spring Stampede match again.

iHc1IRdZhEFG3.gif

ibdrxYGMLF9c7a.gif

Konnan's new video. It's even worse than the first one.

TO THE NITRO. Nash vs Rey is reaired in full.

Disco Inferno vs Bret Hart

Disco in the main event! Disco is going to sing the Canadian national anthem. Is this a Bret face turn? Disco is clearly a heel and made fun of Canada. I guess Bret isn't affiliated with either nWo anymore. Disco does a lot of stalling. Once Bret gets a hold of Disco, he beats the shit out of him. I'd love it if Disco get a win over Bret. After we come back from a break, Bret plants Disco with a DDT. Outside of some kicks, Bret dominated poor Disco.

iM3QBx5sUpvS2.gif

DQ Count: 0 out of 6 matches.

bobbyheenan.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
somehow I won an iPad at work today. I can't help but feel hated. Is this is it feels to be an iPad owner?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else having problems with GAF in the sense that you have to do a hard refresh on every page (clear cache)?

No, check your browser settings brah you work in IT you know the score!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, like you won it from your work? Aren't you in management?

Yessir~ but I do many things where I am, usually just delegation though. And I tried to put my name back in the hat but nobody would let me! So I managed to 'sacrifice' it without actually sacrificing it so I'm not hated.

i won a tablet, Asus Android tablet if i remember correctly, in a raffle and i gave it away.

dude who organized the raffle told me "but now you can acess the Internet when you go outside". what a fuckin nerd, why would i need internet while going outside?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
10/01/13
Wore this oldie but goodie to school today. I had an exam in my cognitive neuroscience class and before entering the room, got down on my knee, swiped the floor, checked my watch and let out a "IT'S CLOBBERING TIME". It's a good thing I also had on some golashes and a rain coat because the wetness of all the ladies in my class was palpable.
#proudofmysport

10/01/13
Wore this oldie but goodie to school today. I had an exam in my cognitive neuroscience class and before entering the room, got down on my knee, swiped the floor, checked my watch and let out a "IT'S CLOBBERING TIME". It's a good thing I also had on some golashes and a rain coat because the wetness of all the ladies in my class was palpable.
#proudofmysport

was your class filled with crazy chicks?

Brera

Banned
I was about to write off those matadores until that cow dude appeared!

That dude was awesome! Shame he was wasted! They need to make those guys, his sidekick!

Entropia

No One Remembers
10/01/13
#proudofmysport

#WrassleFashion

Top Bottom