• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Why are people on gaming side pretending launch games are any benchmark for what a console can do? It's like they never experienced a console launch.
The graphical masterpieces that were Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero are the standard for what today's games are held to.

Kaladin

A lot of them haven't. Sad truth. I freak the fuck out when someone says they were 8 when the PS3 released. Or the ol' "I played Kingdom Hearts when I was a kid" the fuck? Nothing in life has made me feel old quite like video games, despite being younger than the median age of a 'gamer'.

You know what made me feel old? That 1996 website thread with the website for the movie Space Jam. There are kids in high school who were born in 1996.

Hasney

PS4 needs to sort out the MP3 thing by the time they get a good wrestling game, can't live without mah custom themes.

I'm betting they don't want to pay for a license and save $5 or whatever though. Honestly would push me towards an XBone if 2k got a decent WWE game out, PS4 had no MP3 support and it didn't come out on PC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know what made me feel old? That 1996 website thread with the website for the movie Space Jam. There are kids in high school who were born in 1996.

jqDS2b8Gcb4bf_e.jpg
how old AM I? because I feel like Methuselah

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, that makes me sad.

PS4 needs to sort out the MP3 thing by the time they get a good wrestling game, can't live without mah custom themes.

I'm betting they don't want to pay for a license and save $5 or whatever though. Honestly would push me towards an XBone if 2k got a decent WWE game out, PS4 had no MP3 support and it didn't come out on PC.

Music Unlimited is apparently capable of playing in games now, so I doubt it'll ever get MP3 support.

I don't feel like dropping Spotify though, so w/e.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll never drop Spotify. It's dabes. It has a lot of shit I never imagined they'd have, and their Discover tab is actually worth a shit!

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Yep, Nintendo started doing that last gen with various bits of licensed stuff they didn't want to pass onto consumers like dvd and mp3 playback licensing costs.

Sort of surprised sony, the company that absolutely has to have 50 different possible audio codecs when one would do is going this nickel and dime route.

jmdajr

I know the other day we bashed gaming side for complaining about everything, but wtf for real. I just don't know how this is possible. If you are going to spend your hard earned mula on a new system, how the fuck can it not have basic, fucking, common features that have already been around.

I can't.

cara16483482425_crop_650.jpg

Everybody who buys a new console at launch is gonna get SWERVED somehow. Wii U with the no games was a great one. Its like the people who expect John Cena to lose

jmdajr

Everybody who buys a new console at launch is gonna get SWERVED somehow. Wii U with the no games was a great one. Its like the people who expect John Cena to lose

I don't know man. I guess I thought at worst we would have #LOLPS3HASNOGAMES.

But I was around for launch red ring of death, so anything is possible really.

Hasney

I'm on Google Music Unlimited and this is what I have to work with:

vuh1oK3.png

OOOO TOUGH ENOUGH THE ALBUM. Also, if you search for WWF, it teases you as an artist with the Forceable Entry album and then doesn't even have a single track from it.

bjork

I was already out of high school for a year by 1996.

It's a trip to work with kids who've never owned a CD and never heard a modem noise and whatever else. You know, from back when shit was REAL

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was already out of high school for a year by 1996.

It's a trip to work with kids who've never owned a CD and never heard a modem noise and whatever else. You know, from back when shit was REAL

2am

local bbs

dialing in with a blanket over the computer so my parents didn't hear the modem noise, before I found out how to command line make it silent in Procomm Plus.

staying up all night playing MUDs

Aiii

So not worth it
I cleaned out my basement storage unit over the weekend, tossed out a shitload of casette tapes and VHS tapes.

Thought of showing one to my seven year old Goddaughter and five year old nephew, but they likely wouldn't give a single fuck about that.

strobogo

Banned
I guess he'll live on in WWE 2K14, where there will be four total versions of him once the DLC comes out. He'll be able to live off those checks for years.

Wow, I'm saddened by the fact we'll never see Big Show on WWE television, ever ever again. He will never be on a WWE broadcast again.

Spotify just OUT OF NOWHERE put on Cena's album from like '05. I don't know anymore. Anything. I just don't know. My mind's been turned to mush.

EDIT: Oh god I legitimately used to listen to this why why whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's okay to be hard and stay true man
But at the end of the day, we all hu-man
This one's for you, the ones that you close to
Show some love, it's what you supposed to
Right now, forget the ends and the Benz
Pop a cold one, man toast it wit'cha real friends
Call your folks, tell 'em you tight now
Cause everything lookin pretty good right now

BFIB

WWF Forceable Entry is one of the best music CD's I've ever owned.

Heck, even my non-wrestling friends bought it. Loved that SCSA theme by Disturbed.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Wow, I'm saddened by the fact we'll never see Big Show on WWE television, ever ever again. He will never be on a WWE broadcast again.

Spotify just OUT OF NOWHERE put on Cena's album from like '05. I don't know anymore. Anything. I just don't know. My mind's been turned to mush.

EDIT: Oh god I legitimately used to listen to this why why whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's okay to be hard and stay true man
But at the end of the day, we all hu-man
This one's for you, the ones that you close to
Show some love, it's what you supposed to
Right now, forget the ends and the Benz
Pop a cold one, man toast it wit'cha real friends
Call your folks, tell 'em you tight now
Cause everything lookin pretty good right now

Big Show was already edited out of the WWE intro/Raw/Smackdown/Main Event

Cena's album was good for what it was. His storytelling needed some work tho.

"Homey rockin a purse"

If WWE had any sense, they'd make Roman Reigns a Heyman Guy when The Shield finally split up. Heyman's salesmanship could easily cover up whatever Reigns is still lacking in-ring or on the mic as he continues to improve, and he has that special "it" quality that the last few Heyman Guys have been lacking.

Top Bottom