• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

jmdajr

PS4 news continues to be disappointing. XBone is looking better and better.

I don't complain much about gaming, but that shit just defies logic. What cognitive dissonance do I have to have to believe their doing me a favor?

Lets get rid of the one digital thing I can actually buy drm free.

Aiii

So not worth it
The PS3 was a horrible media player and I don't even think I ever used any console for MP3's.

This news does nothing for me, I care about games only. PS3 gave me by far the better gaming experience, as did the PS2 over the OG Xbox 1. I have no reason to believe that will change now, so I'll go with PS4.

The thing that runs multiplatform games at 720 and costs 100 dollars more is looking better?

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Perhaps if Titanfall remotely interested me my head might have been turned, but I would never buy another MS product at launch anyways. I salute your bravery, Xbone beta testers.

jmdajr

It's a matter of principle on this one. It's not like I played them all the time either, but you can't defend them for bullshit like this.
It's straight up, a dick move.

Sokantish

The PS3 was a horrible media player and I don't even think I ever used any console for MP3's.

This news does nothing for me, I care about games only. PS3 gave me by far the better gaming experience, as did the PS2 over the OG Xbox 1. I have no reason to believe that will change now, so I'll go with PS4.

I had a bunch of songs on my PS3 so I could play music while going to sleep. Still going to have my PS3 though so whatever!

Kaladin

I don't complain much about gaming, but that shit just defies logic. What cognitive dissonance do I have to have to believe their doing me a favor?

Lets get rid of the one digital thing I can actually buy drm free.

MP3 support doesn't bother me so much as losing support for media hub and external usb hard drives AND sticks.

I use my gaming consoles as a media hub and I've used those features on PS3 more often than I can count.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess there's no way to explain it, but it would have been nice if Punk had the Shield attack the Wyatts. Turning them face while still keeping the continuity that they were totally working for Punk in the first place.

MP3 support doesn't bother me so much as losing support for media hub and external usb hard drives AND sticks.

I use my gaming consoles as a media hub and I've used those features on PS3 more often than I can count.

Why not just ... keep using your PS3 then?

it's a legit but weird complain.

who the fuck fires up their PS to listen to MP3? don't they have a MP3 player/phone/laptop/desktop/stereo/whatever?

Kaladin

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/30/sony-outlines-playstation-4-hardware-details-limitations-at-lau/

Players will need to carefully manage installs if they hope to maintain a large game library, however, as the console does not support external storage via USB hard drives or memory sticks. As was the case with the PlayStation 3, users can optionally swap out the PlayStation 4's internal 500 GB hard drive for increased storage capacity.

Sure, I can increase capacity...but it does no good if I want to move a avi, mp4 or other video file to my console via memory stick.

Why not just ... keep using your PS3 then?

I am for now. Holding off on the next gen upgrade till March-ish.

jmdajr

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/30/sony-outlines-playstation-4-hardware-details-limitations-at-lau/

Sure, I can increase capacity...but it does no good if I want to move a avi, mp4 or other video file to my console via memory stick.

WWE_Triple_H_Funny_4_zpse98ae129.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I use my PS3 as a media extender NIGHTLY and was considering getting a PS4 to replace it thinking it would do a better job at it. Hah! I'll get another Roku box instead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys do remember last gen's launch consoles not having hardly ANY extra features, right?

I mean, the XMB barely even worked at launch.

I don't care about any of that extra stuff on game consoles. PS4 is cheaper, more powerful, and I trust their 1st parties way more than Microsoft's. PS4 is still more appealing. I'm sure some people are disappointed for good reason, but meh. None of the news today affects me.

strobogo

Banned
I'm not interested at all in PS4 or Xbone, but I now vastly prefer the 360 controller than the DSwhatever. I have a Dual Shock3 for my PC and I hate going back to it after playing 360 for a bit.

I'm up to the Bork/Goldberg match. I totally forgot how most of that build was actually for Austin vs Bork.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hate the DS3 as well, but I've heard from people that both liked and hated the DS3 that the DS4 is a massive improvement. Honestly, I'm more excited about that than a lot of things on the console.

I've also heard the new Bone controller is great too. Sounds like both controllers are top tier.

jmdajr

You the man, liquidsnake

Uh so? It's still new hardware. New hardware tends to launch vanilla and then have things added to it as they progress. Especially new hardware that emphasizes connectivity.

Each iteration (ps1 to ps3) has let you do more not less from day1.

Aiii

So not worth it
I hate the DS3 as well, but I've heard from people that both liked and hated the DS3 that the DS4 is a massive improvement. Honestly, I'm more excited about that than a lot of things on the console.

I've also heard the new Bone controller is great too. Sounds like both controllers are top tier.

Extremely hyped for the new Rumble feature in the DS4, that shit sounds great.

I'm not interested at all in PS4 or Xbone, but I now vastly prefer the 360 controller than the DSwhatever. I have a Dual Shock3 for my PC and I hate going back to it after playing 360 for a bit.

I'm up to the Bork/Goldberg match. I totally forgot how most of that build was actually for Austin vs Bork.

I stopped at the Stone Cold VS. Brett Hart

If I were getting a PS4 at launch, I could see how this could be irritating. But MP3 support will come eventually. Sony isn't ignoring that outcry.

Personally, I don't give a shit since I stopped keeping music on my Triple around 2 years ago. I started getting more games, and the music was taking up space. I empathize with some of the more reasonable posters, though. The crazies can continue to be crazy and ignored.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sad to say I probably would have bought this trainwreck if it was on Wii U. I haven't bought a new wrestling game since... Wrestlemania X7.

Has Jericho negated the damage of that RKO by not actually impacting the canvas/steps? what a wily veteran move, except if he ever lets up on his levitation then it's all over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If I were getting a PS4 at launch, I could see how this could be irritating. But MP3 support will come eventually. Sony isn't ignoring that outcry.

Personally, I don't give a shit since I stopped keeping music on my Triple around 2 years ago. I started getting more games, and the music was taking up space. I empathize with some of the more reasonable posters, though. The crazies can continue to be crazy and ignored.

I wouldn't imagine they'd go back on this. It's a pretty big push for their Unlimited service they're trying to sell, and putting it back in would be tossing that big bullet point out, and I think from a sales perspective, they can deal with a handful of "lost sales" in exchange for greater penetration for their service.

I am concerned about storage space though. Those 500gb drives sure are sounding paltry with some of these install sizes. Fuckin Knack is stupid.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If I were them I'd also make a pay for media extension service. Just add .mkv support and you'll get thousands of Japanophile Weeaboos watching all their loli anime on there.

MP3 support is something that concerns me. I play MLB The Show and they have a feature where you can use your own MP3s for stadium sounds and walk up music. Losing this would sour my experience on PS4 if I can't hear "I Love L.A." every time I win at Dodger Stadium.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
MP3 support is something that concerns me. I play MLB The Show and they have a feature where you can use your own MP3s for stadium sounds and walk up music. Losing this would sour my experience on PS4 if I can't hear "I Love L.A." every time I win at Dodger Stadium.

Do you realize what this means for GWF The Third!?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It means you can just play music via the stream instead of on the console.

Managementtttt! On one hand it'd be easier, on the other it would require thought from me so that's a pretty bitter pill to swallow. If you know me, thinking is the last thing I want to do. I'm Instinctually Educated.

That would increase the odds of production errors.
Just one on top of another dozen.
Managementtttt! On one hand it'd be easier, on the other it would require thought from me so that's a pretty bitter pill to swallow. If you know me, thinking is the last thing I want to do. I'm Instinctually Educated.
Your brain is the only muscle you haven't worked on, is this what you're trying to tell me?

Aiii

So not worth it
Why are people on gaming side pretending launch games are any benchmark for what a console can do? It's like they never experienced a console launch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why are people on gaming side pretending launchgames are any benchmark for what a console can do? It's like they never experienced a console launch.

A lot of them haven't. Sad truth. I freak the fuck out when someone says they were 8 when the PS3 released. Or the ol' "I played Kingdom Hearts when I was a kid" the fuck? Nothing in life has made me feel old quite like video games, despite being younger than the median age of a 'gamer'.

Top Bottom