• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Classic Match of the Day (No Bo, not now, not ever).

legitshook.com

Super Tiger vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - (UWF 09/07/84)

One of the most renowned matches from the first year of UWF here as the original Tiger, Satoru Sayama, Super Tiger, faces off against Yoshiaki Fujiwara, the very first graduate of the New Japan dojo. Sayama is at the peak of his abilities at this point in time, but faces a tough test against a crafty and technically superlative 12 year veteran like Fujiwara. It's a fierce battle of wits as Fujiwara controls the pace of the match perfectly, grounding Sayama and trying to keep his deadly kicks at bay. Super Tiger tries to build up a head of steam, but luck isn't on his side and his comeback is stalled time and again, Fujiwara taking full advantage as he goes to work on Sayama's arm, softening him up for the Fujiwara armbar. The final third of the match is very entertaining, as Sayama catches the break he's been looking for and up's the pace significantly. Fujiwara, however, has no problem trading blows or absorbing punishment from a guy like Sayama and more than holds his own as they head into the finishing stretch. Fujiwara comes across as a true master on the mat, while Sayama's precision and skill mark him as a very dangerous competitor. Fujiwara treats him as such and the crowd reacts perfectly, clamouring to see their hero Super Tiger prevail.

iLhjJLGIiFYyy.gif

strobogo

Banned
Afro Sheen flying off his golden curly mullet while he talked through his teeth was MONEY. Sid was super super over for a few years there. Sid and Scott Steiner are neck and neck as dudes who I totally believed were 90% being completely themselves in their promos.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Strobogo needs to figure out how to make a WCW Commentary Soundboard:

TO THE MEAN GENE
YOU CAN'T POWERBOMB KIDMAN
WHO IS LIMO?

god damn he is scary

legitshook.com

One of the most renowned matches from the first year of UWF here as the original Tiger, Satoru Sayama, Super Tiger, faces off against Yoshiaki Fujiwara, the very first graduate of the New Japan dojo. Sayama is at the peak of his abilities at this point in time, but faces a tough test against a crafty and technically superlative 12 year veteran like Fujiwara. It's a fierce battle of wits as Fujiwara controls the pace of the match perfectly, grounding Sayama and trying to keep his deadly kicks at bay. Super Tiger tries to build up a head of steam, but luck isn't on his side and his comeback is stalled time and again, Fujiwara taking full advantage as he goes to work on Sayama's arm, softening him up for the Fujiwara armbar. The final third of the match is very entertaining, as Sayama catches the break he's been looking for and up's the pace significantly. Fujiwara, however, has no problem trading blows or absorbing punishment from a guy like Sayama and more than holds his own as they head into the finishing stretch. Fujiwara comes across as a true master on the mat, while Sayama's precision and skill mark him as a very dangerous competitor. Fujiwara treats him as such and the crowd reacts perfectly, clamouring to see their hero Super Tiger prevail.

iLhjJLGIiFYyy.gif

I randomly remember watching this match.

legitshook.com

iLhjJLGIiFYyy.gif

my type of match.

I literally could not make it through 30 minutes of XPW. I tried but I was like
iCuAEOFprCuzt.png

Yeah, it's pretty much godawful, but I feel there's the right mix of washed up ECW "legends" and nameless idiots willing to kill themselves to make it entertaining in recap form. We just need someone who can stomach it.

I would, but I actually paid money for XPW tapes back in the day. I feel I've suffered enough.

Watched that house show footage you linked to on twitter, btw. Took a few minutes to figure out who was who, but that match looked like a ton of fun. Proper wrasslin. The crowd sounded like they were going nuts.

DMczaf

Guys, can I rap with you for a second?

*sits in chair backwards*

Guys....I get the feeling you do not take wrestling seriously anymore.

Is Legitshook dot com taking off? I can't tell because there isn't a counter on the bottom displaying site hits, and I couldn't find the guestbook to leave a comment either.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does this transparent smiley come in any larger sizes? I'd be happy to make it my avatar if it did, and kept its fidelity.

ibi3eE4zMhXJe4.png

Bootaaay is maintaining kayfabe when he writes these classic match summaries, what a mark.

We want to know about the backstage politics, man!

fave five guys I would consider marrying due to looks:

1-disco inferno, looks so approachable and friendly and he isnt afraid to get silly
2-van hammer, always had a thing for sammy hagar
3-

I don't think there's anyone else. I don't remember enough wcw. no to dean malenko, looks like an older dad.

No top knot Jericho? Just ignore the fact that he becomes an unlikable douchebag in 10 years.

strobogo

Banned
I will not ever review XPW. That's a SHOOT, brother. OBSERVE THIS! We need a Schiavone smiley.

Lol, Ryback won't even beat Punk. No way he beats Taker. I doubt he'll even be on the WM card.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will not ever review XPW. That's a SHOOT, brother. OBSERVE THIS! We need a Schiavone smiley.

Lol, Ryback won't even beat Punk. No way he beats Taker. I doubt he'll even be on the WM card.

We'll end up finding a 20-pack of Lee Marshall smileys that one dedicated fan made.

We do need a Mean Gene one. It'd be neat to have one where he's interviewing someone tall, looking up and holding the mic, so you can use that to quote people and it looks like he's listening.

No top knot Jericho? Just ignore the fact that he becomes an unlikable douchebag in 10 years.

Whoa, you just reminded me of a dream I had the other night. After someone posted that pic here of Jericho's pectorals, I dreamed that Jericho had underground a plastic surgery procedure to himself Big-E type pecs.

That's all I remember, I don't have any other context to add.

We'll end up finding a 20-pack of Lee Marshall smileys that one dedicated fan made.

We do need a Mean Gene one. It'd be neat to have one where he's interviewing someone tall, looking up and holding the mic, so you can use that to quote people and it looks like he's listening.

Needs more Mark Madden

Goddamn Bo Dallas trolls...

"Neither of these two are Bo Dallas.
Stan Hansen would be blessed to have the chance to lace up beautiful Bo's boots."

"You can tell this guy is definitely biased against...

whatever Bo Dallas' ethnicity is."

Does this transparent smiley come in any larger sizes? I'd be happy to make it my avatar if it did, and kept its fidelity.

I don't think so, I'll try and make a bunch of them later tonight.

strobogo said:

3PW?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=3PW

Someone needs to do XPW recaps;

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=XPW

Could've been their match from the end of '84;

Super Tiger vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - (UWF 12/05/84)

That one's a bit longer and ends when Super Tiger says "fuck it" and just stomps Fujiwara to death.

It might have been that one. It has been a while.

And I want to do some PWG recaps. I'm too lazy =/ And non creative.

LOL 3PW. I forgot all about them.

Someone do MLW recaps.

Whoa, you just reminded me of a dream I had the other night. After someone posted that pic here of Jericho's pectorals, I dreamed that Jericho had underground a plastic surgery procedure to himself Big-E type pecs.

That's all I remember, I don't have any other context to add.

I had a dream that Kaitlyn strapped me to a dentist chair and pulled out one of my front teeth a week or two ago. Dreams are fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bulk season beginning. McGriddles calling my name.

Who knows, it's Rob Black. The show's meant to be on Halloween in LA, with a 12 man tournament to crown the new XPW champion, but there's been no word since it was first announced and certainly no talent revealed.

Fuck it, give me XPW. Show me the blurred line between pain and pleasure.

Here's the earliest full show I can find;

XPW - Redemption - 2001.05.26

01. Excalibur & Super Dragon vs Rising Son & Ultra Taro Jr.
02. Dynamite D vs Kraq
03. John Kronus vs Pogo the Clown
04. West Hollywood Street Fight: Lady Victoria vs Angel
05. Homeless Jimmy vs Steve Rizzono
06. Supreme vs Vic Grimes
07. Vampiro & Shaggy 2 Dope vs Halloween & Damien 666
08. Catfight Match: Lizzy Borden vs Major Gunns
09. Barbed Wire, Bed of Nails, Lighttubes & Thumbtacks Deathmatch: Johnny Webb vs Kid Kaos
10. XPW World Heavyweight Title Decision Match: The Messiah vs New Jack

Enjoy, lol.

From the Smackdown spoilers;

Big Show came out and cut a promo about how he's been doing "bad things, to good people". They showed a video package of all the people he's knocked out recently. Then Big Show explains that he had to do what Triple H wanted so he could save his job and his family. This brought out Triple H who (no exaggeration) says he bought the Big Show's house so now Show owes him everything. Triple H announces that the main event will be the Shield and Orton 4 on 1 vs Show.

LOL, so now Big Show is basically Mr. H's indentured slave.

Also,
Big E jobs to Kofi :| -
so there's that to look forward to, I guess.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Here's the earliest full show I can find;

XPW - Redemption - 2001.05.26

01. Excalibur & Super Dragon vs Rising Son & Ultra Taro Jr.
02. Dynamite D vs Kraq
03. John Kronus vs Pogo the Clown
04. West Hollywood Street Fight: Lady Victoria vs Angel
05. Homeless Jimmy vs Steve Rizzono
06. Supreme vs Vic Grimes
07. Vampiro & Shaggy 2 Dope vs Halloween & Damien 666
08. Catfight Match: Lizzy Borden vs Major Gunns
09. Barbed Wire, Bed of Nails, Lighttubes & Thumbtacks Deathmatch: Johnny Webb vs Kid Kaos
10. XPW World Heavyweight Title Decision Match: The Messiah vs New Jack

Enjoy, lol.

Done with class for the day...got some booze, let's do this thang.

i'd consider reviewing show. maybe. what's the best way to make gifs?

Easiest way is to use GifCam;

http://blog.bahraniapps.com/?page_id=21

You'll also need a program like Photoshop or GIMP to re-size the gifs afterwards. When saving the re-sized image, you'll probably have to include the frame delay so it plays at the right speed - the GifCam default is to record at 12fps or 15fps, so that works out at a 100ms or 60ms delay.

Top Bottom