• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

jred2k

Overheard in the Yukes offices: "That one Kane fan is writing emails and tweets again. Should we continue to ignore him?"

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Overheard in the Yukes offices: "That one Kane fan is writing emails and tweets again. Should we continue to ignore him?"
It's not the Kane thing (and going by the countless number of Kane CAWs on the community creations, I'm not the only one), it's the attitude of the whole thing. First, the series used to actually evolve from game to game gameplay wise, then that went away. Then, people bought the games simply because it had the most current entrances/moves/outfits, and now that's going away. It's getting to the point where there's no point to buying these games.

Kaladin

It's not the Kane thing (and going by the countless number of Kane CAWs on the community creations, I'm not the only one), it's the attitude of the whole thing. First, the series used to actually evolve from game to game gameplay wise, then that went away. Then, people bought the games simply because it had the most current entrances/moves/outfits, and now that's going away. It's getting to the point where there's no point to buying these games.

All they've got is a roster update and a new story mode....which is more of a collection of matches than a story mode.

somedevil

Raw Ratings Breakdown for last week:

In the segment-by-segment (these are not actual numbers, but are based on certain markets, but the general picture is going to be consistent), the Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston match lost 492,000 viewers from the opening segment. Erick Rowan & Luke Harper vs. The Prime Time Players lost 335,000 viewers and was among the lowest rated quarters of the year. The Miz TV segment with Big Show and Stephanie McMahon at 9 p.m. gained 531,000 viewers. Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam lost 98,000 viewers. However, the Orton post-match beatdown on Van Dam gained 157,000 viewers. Fandango vs. Santino Marella lost 354,000 viewers. The C.M. Punk/Paul Heyman/Ryback segment at 10 p.m. was a huge success, gaining 1.03 million viewers. I don’t know what was going on in football but I’m wondering if it coincided with halftime. Even so, a gain like that is incredible for 10 p.m., as it would be among the best gains of the year in that time slot. The 10-woman tag match with A.J. Lee & Tamina Snuka & Alicia Fox & Aksana & Layla vs. Natalya & The Bella Twins & Cameron & Naomi plus a Shield promo lost 1.14 million viewers. Again, that would almost seem like halftime ended and people went back would play a part in that huge of a shift. The 11-on-3 main event gained 492,000 viewers. It should be noted that viewership was larger for the intros and the Rhodes family attack than for most of the match, but it did pick back up for the overrun.

Amazing how Meltzer will never give Punk any credit for a major gain. Also, 11-3 match gained okay but that many babyfaces versus 3 heels doesn't work and shouldn't be used again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing how Meltzer will never give Punk any credit for a major gain. Also, 11-3 match gained okay but that many babyfaces versus 3 heels doesn't work and shouldn't be used again.

Punk isn't a ratings draw though. All Heyman.

DMczaf

The C.M. Punk/Paul Heyman/Ryback segment at 10 p.m. was a huge success, gaining 1.03 million viewers. I don’t know what was going on in football but I’m wondering if it coincided with halftime. Even so, a gain like that is incredible for 10 p.m., as it would be among the best gains of the year in that time slot.

Did Punk rip up the observer on live PPV or something? Jesus christ, Meltzer. Just admit he's a draw.

DMczaf

Holy shit, Kane's outfit in 2K14 is the one he had from last year's game.

You know, two outfits ago.

These lazy fucks.

hlIjq7o.png

That feud is all Punk and Heyman. Ryback and Axel don't mean squat. Punk is probably the stealth #1 babyface in the company right now. Let's not kid ourselves.

Or in plainer English: suck it, Meltzer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, did this really happen? The hell kind of insane crap logic is that?

when Punk failed to draw money Meltzer put 2 and 2 together. You guys unfairly hate all Meltzeres!

somedevil

Wait, did this really happen? The hell kind of insane crap logic is that?

Yep, because the payback match was his first match after WrestleMania and his thought that his return would boost the buy rate.

It didn't help the last pay per view had that crap finish for the last man standing match for Ryback vs Cena. I wonder if that turned people off and actually made some people believe he wasn't going to show up at payback?

edit: Just watched the Prince Devitt vs Tanahashi lumberjack match where Tanahashi pulled a John Cena.

Toki767

This sounds so stupid it probably will happen. Poor Bryan. Gonna be the odd man out.

There is an Orton vs. Punk pitch as the WWE title match for Mania. That’s a destination to end up at. Not sure how they get there. To me, Bryan has to win the title at some point in this program, and with the way the program has been building, it would be kind of bogus for it to be a one-month title reign. Obviously they are building an Orton vs. Show program and a logical way to do it is have Show help Bryan win the title, but hopefully not in a way where Bryan looks like he fluked or backdoored in. Then Bryan can work with someone, and unfortunately, because of how they’ve booked everything, it almost has to be a member of The Shield and then the belt would wind up with Punk or Orton, perhaps one winning the Rumble and the other winning at Chamber. It also means they have to have a “special” match for Cena. With Austin looking like he’s out of the picture and nobody knows anything about Dwayne Johnson, that could leave Cena or Bryan as the guy to face HHH, and right now, Bryan vs. HHH also looks to be a match that needs to happen. By process of elimination, that probably leaves Lesnar vs. Undertaker but you still need somebody special for Cena. I could also see them going with Cena vs. HHH because Vince needing someone to save the WWE for him, it would be more logical he’d call Cena than Bryan even though Bryan is the one with right now looks to have the slow burning issue to lead to one big match with HHH.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Finally getting around to watching Legends of the Mid-South Wrestling and while it's great to see a lot of these matches again with decent brief snippets from people today like Bob Armstrong, Ted DiBase, and so forth, but I forgot just how little Junk Yard Dog could actually wrestle.

Jim Ross is the only announcer that could make me care about a tuxedo match.

Adventure Time aka anyone can cosplay now

I remember seeing Power Rangers fan wear single coloured clothes, put a morpher toy in their pocket, and call it "a costume" in the 90s. Just a step down from awful 2000s DC superheroes with "tee shirt with logo, jeans" outfits.

Also isn't someone supposed to insult her by saying, that as she is a female, she is only dressing up to trick people and other such stuff? You know, as fake as Kane being interested in politics, all just to make certain fans salivate.

Also isn't someone supposed to insult her by saying, that as she is a female, she is only dressing up to trick people and other such stuff? You know, as fake as Kane being interested in politics, all just to make certain fans salivate.

People would butcher her on here for her "I'm a geek and geeks are cool!" promos, it's several thousand times worse than AJ wearing the shirt of the wrestler she's currently dating. Though with that said her Silent Hill Nurse entrance at the last Shine IPPV was pretty good.

KenOD

Just how the hell does a coal miner's glove give magical powers to knock someone out in wrestling? Who cares, Ted DiBase is gone and the fans are happy with that.

Also WWE needs to bring back the costume of Stagger Lee. Beating people up for lunch money, it's a damn fine gimmick.

People would butcher her on here for her "I'm a geek and geeks are cool!" promos, it's several thousand times worse than AJ wearing the shirt of the wrestler she's currently dating. Though with that said her Silent Hill Nurse entrance at the last Shine IPPV was pretty good.

Oh I know, and truth be told I got tired of them right quickly when it gets that forced. The promo leading into Shine 13 was decent though and making it into Silent Hill just for a bit was all that was needed.
Edit: Found it. http://youtu.be/-K7WDd-cWuI

I just wish this thread would be better at it. At least insult the men equally, like Kofi playing Madden or Punk liking punk music or Bryan for liking bears or JBL for liking Rugby.

KenOD

Why exactly did Jim Cornette bring a tennis racket with him to the ring again? Yes I know to be a heel manager with and attack with, but what was the reasoning it was a tennis racket and not something else?

Also Miz's Dad Titantron video. http://youtu.be/AdD_kGUWqa4

strobogo

Banned
He was a rich mama's boy, so he had tennis rackets and awful blazers.

Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, aren't you happy that AJ is a main character on Agents of SHIELD instead of something lame like Total Divas?

Kaladin

Finally replacing my old TNA trucker hat. I'm surprised TNA still has the same hats in stock. It's a 3 year old design and you know how wrestling companies rarely keep old stock. I actually got 2 for the price of one with their current BOGO deal. I should be good on hats for the next 6 years.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder how WCW would have turned out if Schiavone got to take over instead of Bischoff.

No Hogan? Dustin Rhodes and Steve Austin feuding over the WCW Championship? Dusty and Flair booking for the rest of the decade? No Monday Night Wars? Wrasslin on Saturday nights forever?

Top Bottom