• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if my PC will be able to handle next gen games.

On the plus side, they already are. My experience with Tomb Raider was far superior to when I attempted to play it on console. I tried the console version and saw such a drop in visual fidelity I couldn't help but
jbdvTNj9neJhNS.png

Kaladin

I hope the next gen isn't so obsessed with first person shooters. I do not enjoy them at all and it felt like 75% of games since 2006 were shooters, sports games, or quirky indie games. Not interested in another 8 or more years of that bullshit.

I will only jump to next gen when WWE games are no longer made for the current gen. And they kept making games for PS2 until 2010 that looked the same as the 360/PS3 versions. I'll only switch when I can't get BO on 360.

Or at least move to more open world shooters. I'm tired of the linear shooter where you're just moving from cover to cover.

I'm ready for WW2 shooters again, there's still a ton of areas yet to be covered and COD multiplayer was never better than COD2, imo.

Agreed. And if you love it, you can finish buying it. Why take risks Boots? Is it the deathmatch in your blood that makes you do dangerous things?!

Fuck it, you're right. I'd forgot all about the PS+ version. Gonna change my pre-order to FIFA.

Lunchbox

Banned
sunflower bro I got laid off and in a mad depressive state :(

first time in my life this happened so I don't know this feeling. I finances are alright, and everyone says it's normal since every company does budget cuts.....but this is such a weird feeling, like the feeling of failing a test but 10 times worse.

I miss my worry free college life where I could sit here and shit on wrasslin with you degenerates

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it, you're right. I'd forgot all about the PS+ version. Gonna change my pre-order to FIFA.

You moving to FIFA is like The Lizard still taking backyard wrestling bookings.

I want more WW2 stuff as well. I can NEVER get enough. Shooters, strategy, everything. Feed me more!

first time in my life this happened so I don't know this feeling. I finances are alright, and everyone says it's normal every company does budget cuts.....but this is such a feeling, like the feeling of failing a test but 10 times worse.

I miss my worry free college life where I could sit here and shit on wrasslin

Holy jeezus, end of an era. What the hell is happening to this planet. Keyser is also unemployed recently. Man...I feel for you brah.

strobogo

Banned
I just don't like shooters in general. I don't think they're fun. No interest at all. Never have and never will. FPS can STICK IT, brothers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't like shooters in general. I don't think they're fun. No interest at all. Never have and never will. FPS can STICK IT, brothers.

I think you have issues because you're a little bumpy, your aim's a little jiggly there brother.

strobogo

Banned

first time in my life this happened so I don't know this feeling. I finances are alright, and everyone says it's normal since every company does budget cuts.....but this is such a weird feeling, like the feeling of failing a test but 10 times worse.

I miss my worry free college life where I could sit here and shit on wrasslin with you degenerates

Be careful. Getting fired led me to WCW and drinking.

Multi-platform sports in the first year of next gen? Boots....come on man.

Yeah, I know, I know, lol. It's either that or Battlefield 4, which I'm not entirely sold on and I don't really want two FPS's on the go at the same time, plus, I haven't bought a football game this year so I might as well get it on the new console.

Sunflower said:
I want more WW2 stuff as well. I can NEVER get enough. Shooters, strategy, everything. Feed me more!

I've always wanted an open world-esque D-Day FPS, where you'd pick which beach to assault and then move freely inland, commanding your unit as you complete missions and objectives, lots of emergent, random gameplay as you and your AI allies have to flush the Germans out of France.

you'll eventually get used to it.

Kaladin

I don't mind shooters, but I need something else...the setting, story or some other gameplay mechanic that makes it not generic.

I will only jump to next gen when WWE games are no longer made for the current gen. And they kept making games for PS2 until 2010 that looked the same as the 360/PS3 versions. I'll only switch when I can't get BO on 360.

you're better off running Blaze v Wolf or King v A. King matches, man. more accurate and better looking than WWE games.

Kaladin

I'm actually torn between Killzone: Shadows Fall & COD: Ghosts. Ghosts looks fun, even for a generic shooter like COD is.

6 weeks into my first "real" job out of college, I was laid off. It was terrible because of all the other places that I turned down. Turns out that getting laid off was actually a blessing in disguise because if I stayed in that place, I would have been fucked.

Apply for unemployment and search for jobs. Keep your head up sir. I'm sure you will find something.

jmdajr

That's sucks bro. I hope you bounce back soon.

Lunchbox

Banned
6 weeks into my first "real" job out of college, I was laid off. It was terrible because of all the other places that I turned down. Turns out that getting laid off was actually a blessing in disguise because if I stayed in that place, I would have been fucked.

Apply for unemployment and search for jobs. Keep your head up sir. I'm sure you will find something.

same here 5 months out of college. this had the best offer out of all so I didn't even bother with other options and living the baller life

but I guess new out of college kids are always first on the chopping blocks. printing resumes since the first time after junior year of college.

strobogo

Banned
WrassleGAF: The Commune, coming soon.

Alternately

Legit Shook: A place for unemployed wrestling fans to live, powered by Sunflower

same here 5 months out of college. this had the best offer out of all so I didn't even bother with other options and living the baller life

but I guess new out of college kids are always first on the chopping blocks. printing resumes since the first time after junior year of college.

how old are you?

jmdajr

I don't know man.

I don't want to live in a Neogaf world where Lunchbox says stuff like...

"I would love to but......I can't afford it right now."

:|

My contract is up in three weeks, not sure if I want another one as this job is basically killing me and we'll be over budget if we keep everyone on in my office next year (it's usually a two-person gig but I did it solo for half of the year so we've been running three through what you would call a "busy" period).
I might just ask for a new contract until the end of the year in order to fully train my replacements. After that I can join unemployment-wrasslegaf

krae_man

wait...
WHAT?

WWE was running tv commercials for Raw being in Richmond Va for December 30th...in fact, tickets go on sale in a couple of hours. o_O

$90 for floor seats

$90 is the face value but WWE is able to sell pretty much the entire top price level(usually first 5 rows on the floor) at "market prices". So for Toronto that means $200-$350 for house show tickets and as much as $750 for Raw tickets.

And yes they are running a house show in Toronto the same time as Raw in Richmond.

Lunchbox

Banned
how old are you?
23. i never struggled for a job. this and a few other interviews were handed in a platter during college and this one lined up before I even graduated from an internship. so I finished college and rolled into the joint.

their busy season just ended where everyone worked from 8am to 10/11pm for corporate tax filings so now that that's over they don't need the excess overhead I guess. it's just a shellshock feeling that this can even happen.

I kinda felt shit working those long hours so I guess it's a blessing in disguise, but first time being laid off hits hard

Well, you aren't expecting it so it makes sense. But yeah, I'm sure you will find something.

And how old are you? 23/24? I pictured you as much older.

jmdajr

23!

I didn't know or know too many 23 year olds who say stuff like "my finances are alright." etc.

You'll be just fine.

strobogo

Banned
I'm 25 and I've never had an interview that didn't end up in a job (even though I'm grumpy and show no enthusiasm for anything), but getting fired totally wrecked me. It makes you feel like a totally expendable person. I already had depression and anxiety issues, and getting fired ramped them up 200% to the point where I won't even leave the house in the day any more. And when I do go out, I'm wearing glasses and a hate and avoiding everyone.

I've turned to WCW and drinking, which has only made things worse.

23. i never struggled for a job. this and a few other interviews were handed in a platter during college and this one lined up before I even graduated from an internship. so I finished college and rolled into the joint.

their busy season just ended where everyone worked from 8am to 10/11pm for corporate tax filings so now that that's over they don't need the excess overhead I guess. it's just a shellshock feeling that this can even happen.

I kinda felt shit working those long hours so I guess it's a blessing in disguise, but first time being laid off hits hard

23? so young. you'll be ok.

i'm 30 and i'm finally getting promoted for the first time in a job. been working here and there for 17 years now, juggling with school till i was 18. i should be rich by now. i am not. then again i should be famous footballer by now. i am not.

G-Fex

I'm 25 and I've never had an interview that didn't end up in a job (even though I'm grumpy and show no enthusiasm for anything), but getting fired totally wrecked me. It makes you feel like a totally expendable person. I already had depression and anxiety issues, and getting fired ramped them up 200% to the point where I won't even leave the house in the day any more. And when I do go out, I'm wearing glasses and a hate and avoiding everyone.

I've turned to WCW and drinking, which has only made things worse.

Aw dude I'm the same way, huge amount of anxiety and I've been so damn scared everyday to go out to go seek applications, mostly cause I've almost completely been rejected by stores saying they're not hiring at all.

Least you got a hobby, I've been sitting around like a lump, I can't even muster enough enthusiasm to cast on my twitch channel or play Doom.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I got fired once when I was younger for embezzling.

strobogo

Banned
Aw dude I'm the same way, huge amount of anxiety and I've been so damn scared everyday to go out to go seek applications, mostly cause I've almost completely been rejected by stores saying they're not hiring at all.

Least you got a hobby, I've been sitting around like a lump, I can't even muster enough enthusiasm to cast on my twitch channel or play Doom.

Listen, WCW and booze are not healthy hobbies. At all. I wanted to move to Colorado, but I couldn't get any place to take me as a renter due to no job or ties to the area. Then the floods happened right in the area where I wanted to go, so things are in flux.

G-Fex

Listen, WCW and booze are not healthy hobbies. At all. I wanted to move to Colorado, but I couldn't get any place to take me as a renter due to no job or ties to the area. Then the floods happened right in the area where I wanted to go, so things are in flux.

damn that sucks Stro

Hard Times indeed

Miss Riot

Neo Member
if I could get any of you hired on where I work I would but we're pretty full up and this is the internet. sorry to hear all this, I was out of work a few years ago and its no fun.

Top Bottom