• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Add me to the unemployment club.

Sadly here in Mexico we have no unemployment security :(

8 months and I still can find a job, I miss my part time research assistant job at my university. The skills I have are of no use in my city, Tijuana. I need to move to the capital, Mexico City, but I do not have the money to do it.

Good thing once I start my master I get paid to study, still, August 2014 is too far away...

strobogo

Banned
Since I was fired, I couldn't even get unemployment. I have about $8K that I could have gone through by now. I was approved but the company (which technically was the state, I guess) fought it. Even a year and a half later I can't get any of it.

jmdajr

Fuck, this has turned into a bummer last couple of pages.

I feel like it's a wwe tribute show..but for lost jobs.

65694607_765dbc6873_display_image.jpg

sorry bros.

DMczaf

explain yourself!

Gamestop is giving great trade in values for iPads and iPhones with the this 30% bonus. You trade in your iPad or iPhone and put $5 on one of the 30% bonus eligible games and you trigger the 30% bonus. Next, you use your credit to buy Kindle gift cards, which are just Amazon gift cards.

So you've used Gamestop's promotion to get Amazon credit. You can now use your credit on Amazon with lower prices, free shipping, and in my case no tax!

jmdajr

Gamestop is giving great trade in values for iPads and iPhones with the this 30% bonus. You trade in your iPad or iPhone and put $5 on one of the 30% bonus eligible games and you trigger the 30% bonus. Next, you use your credit to buy Kindle gift cards, which are just Amazon gift cards.

So you've used Gamestop's promotion to get Amazon credit. You can now use your credit on Amazon with lower prices, free shipping, and in my case no tax!

Nice. Too bad I don't own or will probbaly never own an apple product.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Everyone should watch NXT, it's the best promotion in the U.S., more so if you can find videos of/attend some of the house shows.

Kaladin

I got fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired once because the call center I was working at had a 3 bad calls and you're gone system. I didn't matter if I hadn't been trained yet on what I messed up on, no.....I was told I was expected to learn the system myself, even if the majority of our eight hour days were spent on calls.

strobogo

Banned
Call center work is THE WORST. Despite making a ton of money that I'm still have some left 5 years later (living in Indiana is cheap), it was the most miserable I've ever been. I was legit shoot suicidal every day I went in to work. It was the most miserable and unsatisfying work I've ever done.

Kaladin

Call center work is THE WORST. Despite making a ton of money that I'm still have some left 5 years later (living in Indiana is cheap), it was the most miserable I've ever been. I was legit shoot suicidal every day I went in to work. It was the most miserable and unsatisfying work I've ever done.

Yeah, same here......except for the money part. The only satisfying part about it was that I got to talk to celebrities. I got to talk to Shaquille O'neal.....and it actually was him. He had a metric shit ton of TVs in his house in Miami.

I thought retail was bad.

What's bad about call centers? Customers are idiots? Questions?

If you ever want to see the worst of people, work in a call center. I worked the front lines for Direct TV. I once had to send a tech out to a home because someone could not move their entertainment center to get to the chords to unplug their receiver.

People are just idiots in general, and then you have the routine calls that are either A) a boring recitation of a script or B) a complete clusterfuck because something goes wrong out of your hands or the customer doesn't want the options you give them.

strobogo

Banned
I thought retail was bad.

What's bad about call centers? Customers are idiots? Questions?

Well I worked for Sallie Mae, so it was actually collections. You get paid bonuses to hit your goals and get accounts up to date. And that's pretty sweet for about 3 months when you're dealing with people who are 90 days past due and just forgot about a payment, so they can get up to date right away. Once you get to be a person that hits over their goals every month, they'll put you on people who are closer to defaulting. These are usually people who have used up every deferment time they can and have no way to get up to date. You get a list of accounts and you have to find these people.

Basically, you're calling their friends and family every day to get a hold of them. When you finally do, they're at wits end and it is my job to bring the hammer down on people who ended up not being able to get a job with their degree and had their loan double by 40% due to interest. It's some soul crushing shit. I've seen people with $100K student loans have their loan doubled from interest with ONE deferment. My time there was right before and after everything crashed in 2008. I was basically forced to harass people who couldn't get a job even with degrees, couldn't afford to pay anything on their loans, and had no options left. It bums me out that I was even willing to do that and liked it for a few months just because I was able to make a lot of money. I'm sure I'm directly responsible for ruining a number of lives based on getting people to use deferments that added tons of interest.

And then there is the actual working conditions, which are bosses that think you are cattle, expect you to never ever take a break or take a day off (even if you're over your goal in the first week of the month), expect you to work every Saturday and will absolutely hold it against you if you don't come in Sunday. I worked every day for 4 months straight, and the majority of them were double shifts. I was so depressed that I lost nearly 40 pounds in a very unhealthy way. It was a dark, dark, dark time. So dark I watched Unforgiven 2008 on a lamp in a Panera Bread parking lot.

G-Fex

goddamn that's horrible Stro.

Overworking is damned horrible.

I was let go for a lot of call offs that were beyond my control that they didn't want to excuse. Course it's a shitty retail job.

He doesn't do his own sex line, he screen's Tammy Sytch's phone sex line....makes sure the callers have the appropriate fetishes.

Oh wow, does that include filtering out Ahmed Johnsons constant calling?

My time in a call center was bad, but not that bad.

I mostly annoyed people asking them to do fast food surveys. The first days where ok, then I got tired of receiving insults after insults from people that where tired of getting those calls. The thing was, if that person does not tell you to take hes number off, the system will keep dialing that number.

Also, the pay was shit.

G-Fex

I'd put a donation thing on my twitch page if I knew how.

And if I actually had viewers. Maybe start a new e-fed, the CWF, (self)Charity Wrasslin Fed

strobogo

Banned
The end for me came when my boss went missing. He up and quit without telling any of us or his assistant. He told his bosses, but they didn't tell us, so we had no boss for few days. In the mean time, one of the other supervisors had sent her assistant to watch over us. He didn't like my working style and SNITCHED on me to her. This woman then read me the riot act about how I was doing my job, which was how all of us did our job, even though she wasn't my supervisor or even in my department.

Later in the day, I was talking on the phone with a guy on my team (Beard Face, who was an older dude with an awesome beard and wore a tie every day) about her having a horse face. Well, as it turned out, she was monitoring me the rest of the day and heard the conversation. A few weeks later, our team got busted up and Beard Face and I were moved to her team. This also meant going back to the dialer all day instead of working at my own pace. It was miserable and I ended up spending days of hanging up on every call the dialer sent me. After a week of that, we all had to switch to first shift and I was sitting right beside her. One morning, I came in, got started, got up and got some coffee. I went over to some friends from my old team and got their phone numbers. I sat back down for a few minutes, then got up for some more coffee and didn't come back. I went home and hibernated for the next 3 months. Felt good, man.

Felt like this:

iDGvnK9g5QudJ.gif

G-Fex

hahahahaha good shit Stro.

I thought I'd be happy as hell leaving that piece of shit store finally after wasting my 20's in that job.

But it hasn't, it's been 4 days and I've been scared and paranoid every day and it's getting worse. No real relaxation or comfort

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I always liked the nicknames people have for their coworkers. I've got a handful:

Mother Hen
Old Whore
Librarian
Old Bitch
Shitbird
Mudslide
The Fatty Team

I'm a bad person, but they're all descriptive.

strobogo

Banned
Prepare for that forever. FOREVER. It's even worse this time because, even though I didn't really like the last job I had, it was perfect for me since I worked nights and usually worked with 2 other people at the most, and would get to spend most of the night by myself. Now they idea of even going on interviews sends me into a full tailspin.

jmdajr

My wife had a bullshit job where she had to answer to like five or six different managers. Just the most retarded hierarchy of nonsense.

strobogo

Banned
I always liked the nicknames people have for their coworkers. I've got a handful:

Mother Hen
Old Whore
Librarian
Old Bitch
Shitbird
Mudslide
The Fatty Team

The only good part of the job was another dude I started with who happened to be a big DDP mark. So whenever we'd get payments or have to send a call to one another, we'd always throw up the Kanyon Cutter sign.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only good part of the job was another dude I started with who happened to be a big DDP mark. So whenever we'd get payments or have to send a call to one another, we'd always throw up the Kanyon Cutter sign.

I had a buddy that'd do Saturn's DVD sign every time we walked in to work back in the day. Good shit.

G-Fex

Mother Hen
Old Whore
Librarian
Old Bitch
Shitbird
Mudslide
The Fatty Team

hahahaha good shit.

I worked overnights so it was cool cause no customers, it was bad cause I kinda hated the team.

Let's see I had..

Douchebag Janitor
Cool black guy
fucking stoner rookie who was half awake and moved slow as fuck
douchebag moronic in the next department.
Ugly fat twins that were complete bitches and didn't do shit except walk around judging stuff(yet kept getting promoted)
Insane little goblin of a man with a loud annoying radio blasting all night.
stereotypical 1849 miner for some reason
Really kind of stupid manager guy who didn't seem to have any emotions or feelings about anything but work. He was weird.
Two faced but still hot support manager, she was cuuuuuuuute. Bitchy at times but cute.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When I used to work grocery store manager, we had another manager that was about 5'4", 40 years old who wore snakeskin boots and had a belt with his name engraved on the back: "MONTY" - funny shit.

What's even crazier is that we had a wall of shame where we had people we caught stealing. I'll post some pics of the people caught in the act if you guys are interested.

G-Fex

When I used to work grocery store manager, we had another manager that was about 5'4", 40 years old who wore snakeskin boots and had a belt with his name engraved on the back: "MONTY" - funny shit.

What's even crazier is that we had a wall of shame where we had people we caught stealing. I'll post some pics of the people caught in the act if you guys are interested.

hilarious, you should post it.

I remember at my factory job years ago the people in charge were chinese and one chinese dude in glasses had HUGE sideburns that'd make Elvis go "Whoa there guy"

So fucking hilarious.

Ithil

Los Matadores is a thoroughly stupid gimmick, but I enjoyed their match on Smackdown a lot and they're really just throwing themselves into the gimmick silly as it may be. It's nice to see a tag team that's really a tag team, complete with a double team finish.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some of these I feel bad about posting so I'm not going to post them all.

Meat was a popular item to steal.

That Alex J. Krites guy, just looked him up, tons of illegal acts with minors. What a piece of shit.

remnant

Banned

Yes

Edit: the meat. Lol

strobogo

Banned
I thought those would be funny, but they are sad and I wish I hadn't seen them. The girl in the second picture looks like someone I know, but she's much too high class to steal meat and beer from anywhere in OK. But they look eerily similar that it made me wonder if she was slumming on Oklahoma for some reason.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought those would be funny, but they are sad and I wish I hadn't seen them.

Some of them are sad. It's a look into bad shit. No mercy though, every single one of those fucks tried to fight us. Physically fight.

strobogo

Banned
I recognize the pain in a lot of those pictures. I see that shit in the mirror every day, I don't need to see it in random people who resort to stealing meat. Unless it is Miz after getting emasculated on live TV. I'll look at that all day.

Top Bottom