• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Bean Breath you better take down that sexist trash. Don't you know that gaf is progressive? Calling those ladies hos. For shame.

That's how I used to watch TNA except with the lady who didn't have a sailor's jawline.

I don't think ive ever seen her face since i started watching TNA in gif form

1jTZO4f.gif

ibgMkPcsBNfaNw.gif

i0mwWne3xgurN.gif

ZN3W5Ev.gif

OHmoUwx.gif

Holy shit guys, stro's WCW .gifs work perfectly on the Nexus 7 that my brother got me for my birthday last week!

Well only by using Firefox since Chrome is a piece of shit, but you already knew that.

No more choppy mobile Wrasslegaf :D

WWE Magazine twitter question: Which Celebrity out there needs to be put into your submission maneuver, the Black Widow?

AJ Lee: I couldn't care less about celebrities. I play video games and hang out with my dog or watch old episodes of RAW and Smackdown.

Hey guys AJ is perfect for Wresslegaf if only she knew how to make gifs

Some recent LEGEND Pro-Wrestling matches;

Great seeing Ishii & Sekimoto beat the crap out of each other, would love a singles match between the two.

I really hope the paycheck's worth being turned from the most legit gaijin heavyweight in Japan since Vader to dancing gimmicks and losing all that build up AGAIN, Bernard. Would have liked to see Bernard vs Shibata.

Yeah, Bernard vs Shibata would have been a lot of fun - or, hell, Bad Intentions vs Laughter7! But the dude's 40 years old already, he didn't have much longer left in Japan anyways, so I wouldn't begrudge him for taking that WWE money.

Yeah an extra 300k a year is nothing to sneeze at when you have family. Plus I'm sure he'll be able to go back when all is said and done.
Also what would you rather do, take stuff kicks or dance and sell the cobra every now and then. It's not a cool decision but it's a smart one.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 3/18/99

It's Thunder, which means lol. The nWo currently only has one championship, the B Team are still fighting for control, and Ric Flair is getting crazy. Man, Tony and Brain totally cut Tenay off and shut him down. It was great. Tenay was trying to argue and Bobby just blurts out "Throw it to the ring, or somewhere" and Tony agrees with Bobby. Tenay was so pissed.

Bobby Duncum Jr. vs Kenny Kaos

I wonder what would be on Thunder if WCW was still around today. My guess: Hulk Hogan and Sting as bosses, Black Snow and Chet Lemon on commentary, Konnan vs Chavo Guerrero Jr., Jim Neidhart vs Jim Duggan, Jeff Jarret vs Mongo, Eric Bischoff running around, training montages with Garrett Bischoff and The Cat. Bobby wins with the Skull Crushing Finale. Dude straight up looks like a fish.

Recap of B Team power struggles.

TO THE MEAN GENE.
Curt Hennig is the guest. Where is Big Barry? He challenges Ric Flair for the title tonight!

El Vampiro vs TAFKATAFKAPI

Vamp gets tons of pyro, so they must have plans for him. You may remember him from that one random match last year. I'm sure people remember that, Tony. Tony and Brain needle Tenay on all his overly detailed knowledge. If you want a dude to look good in his debut, putting him against Prince probably isn't a good idea. Saturn came out and was apparently not happy with someone who would dare to looks as stupid as him. Tossing powerbomb. Chokeslam. Nail in the Coffin for the easy win.

ibh3ln3R4XHluY.gif

TO THE BACK.
Crush and Horace talked about Stevie and VINCE. Crush reveals that he was put in charge. Crush also believes he'll be in charge of the Wolfpac soon. Horace decks Crush! This was all in black and white.

TO THE MEAN BY GOD GENE.
Tony is SO annoyed at Tenay insisting that Flair should have been a great partner to Goldberg even though Goldberg attacked him at the start of the match. That's what they were arguing about at the start of the show. Tenay was really pissed that Flair would walk out on the match when the other 3 people, including his partner, wanted to beat him up. Brain and Tony repeatedly told him it would be stupid to stay and to drop it. Tenay wouldn't and they just started shutting him down or ignoring him. Flair is straight heeling on the crowd. As of last night, Scott Hall is stripped of the US Championship. There will be a tournament that starts tonight and ends at Spring Stampede. I can only imagine how bullshit this tournament will be. He tells Hennig to come to the ring. Instead of facing Flair, Hennig will face Hogan tonight.

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Juventud Guerrera WCW Cruiserweight Championship

This was every match you've seen from these two. Rey won with a super rana.

i6qQMiv0Fo7lU.gif

Oil of Olay airs.

iOYON3vUA9zw3.gif

Disco Inferno vs Disciple

The battle of the Stone Cold Stunners. Brutus Beefcake is on TV in 1999. Ridiculous. I'm stunned he didn't show up in TNA. Has he? A lot of random folks showed up when Hogan and Bischoff came in. If the Nasty Boys showed up, Beefcake certainly wouldn't be out of the question. Disco wins with the Last Dance! The Disco Train rolls on.

Brian Adams vs Horace

Lol. Get out of here, WCW. You're crazy. VINCE gave Whoreass an international object, which he used to win the match. However, he looked mad about it, even though he clearly gave it to Horace.

TO THE BACK.
Mean Gene caught up with Rick Steiner. Rick wants to get involved in the hardcore division that is blooming. Finlay came in and said he's tougher and will prove it on Monday.

TO THE MEAN BROTHERJACKDUDE
. Hollywood comes to the ring. Nash has convinced him to be a face, basically. No more sneak attacks, no more cheap shots, and taking no more shit. Also, he's going to crap lightning tonight.

Meng vs Bam Bam Big Yellow

This is the first match in the US Championship tournament. What are the odds that no brackets will ever be shown, there will be an odd amount of wrestlers, and someone will lose more than once? Holy Jesus, this match is boring as fuck. Tongan Death Grip for the win. Meng advances.

Curt Hennig vs Hollywood Hogan

I can't believe Hulk Hogan is wrestling on Thunder. Rolling cross arm breaker! Ax Bombaaa. Maybe Perfect will get that win he should have had in 1990. Perfect gets a cheap shot and starts on the offense. Neck whip. Series of slams to Hogan. Hulk takes his belt off. Perfect ends up using it. Perfect Plex! Horace broke it up. That cunt! That's the second time Perfect had Hogan down with the Perfect Plex in a decade. Hilariously weird criss cross spot. Hogan wins with a body slam and leg drop.

ixG6QAgmncTmV.gif

DQ Count: 0 out of 7 matches.

And so Bray joins the team of midcarders like The Miz, Wade Barrett, and others that no one ever hears from again.

It seems really weird that for all their saying they'd only bring people up if they had long-term plans for NXT talent they put the Wyatts on the main roster solely because Kane needed time out and they had no idea what to do with them after that. Not forgetting that before that they bring Big E up to be Dolph's bodyguard for a few month before fading out of existence.

krae_man

Man I waited too long to get my bus tickets. $80 to get to Buffalo and back is still pretty cheap but I could have done it for under $30 if I was quick enough and got those $1 megabus tickets. Oh well.

Ultratech

Cody : Wisdom

Dustin : Courage

Dusty : Power

Their powers combined...will hopefully do something.

I love Tessmacher.

*brofist*
(Booty.)

WWE is now hiring a Creative Director of Network Promotions to oversee the WWE Network and general WWE TV programming. This person would also manage the "on-air creative team" and be a part of the creative process.

It lives!
Somehow

Man, I know they really wanna get WWE TV off the ground, but they should seriously kill it now.
It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Man I waited too long to get my bus tickets. $80 to get to Buffalo and back is still pretty cheap but I could have done it for under $30 if I was quick enough and got those $1 megabus tickets. Oh well.
What does your itinerary look like?

5 hour bus ride from Canada + 1 hour stop at border crossing.

Arrive at arena 3 hours before show and hangout with the Dibiase Posse Party.

Watch Battlegrounds for 4 hours

5 hour trip back to Canada

krae_man

What does your itinerary look like?

5 hour bus ride from Canada + 1 hour stop at border crossing.

Arrive at arena 3 hours before show and hangout with the Dibiase Posse Party.

Watch Battlegrounds for 4 hours

5 hour trip back to Canada

Throw in a hotel for the night and you're bang on.

Top Bottom