• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Psh! Wii U and 3DS are pretty much the only systems I've touched in forever. Last game I even remember playing on PS3 is WWE '13.

I also use my Vita as a Spelunky machine.

Kyoufu

Fave Five Wrasslegaffers that haven't posted in a while:

5. Khrno: the personification of speaking in .gifs, not ashamed to wear a wrestling t-shirt in public, CMPunkSnowAngel.gif was his calling card.

4. Former EGM employee, Michael Donahoe (I can't remember his gaf name, lol): Our first legit celebrity. Great stories about doing press for WWE video games.

3. Kyoufu: OG CM Punk mark, would rather quit the thread than to stay here and witness what's become of his hero.

2. Bangai-o: Legit crazy or working the whole forum? We'll never know.

1. LaserFrog: Crazy talented, created a lot of funny wrassling content, voice sounds like Robin Leech.

Honorable mentions: Heavy - Like the Rock, became too big to be contained to a single community.

I haven't watched wrasslin since SummerSlam. What's going on with Punk now?

I think Khrno and I are both playing FFXIV all the time. lol

Sokantish

I haven't watched wrasslin since SummerSlam. What's going on with Punk now?

I think Khrno and I are both playing FFXIV all the time. lol

I already got bored of it! It was really fun while it lasted though. Got my white mage to 50 and alchemy up to 50!

Fave Five Wrasslegaffers that haven't posted in a while:

5. Khrno: the personification of speaking in .gifs, not ashamed to wear a wrestling t-shirt in public, CMPunkSnowAngel.gif was his calling card.

4. Former EGM employee, Michael Donahoe (I can't remember his gaf name, lol): Our first legit celebrity. Great stories about doing press for WWE video games.

3. Kyoufu: OG CM Punk mark, would rather quit the thread than to stay here and witness what's become of his hero.

2. Bangai-o: Legit crazy or working the whole forum? We'll never know.

1. LaserFrog: Crazy talented, created a lot of funny wrassling content, voice sounds like Robin Leech.

Honorable mentions: Heavy - Like the Rock, became too big to be contained to a single community.

Oh, hi! I'm still here (Michael Donahoe, btw). But, yes, I'll admit I don't post that often. Mostly 'cause of work being busy. That, and my evil corporate boss buying my apartment and forcing me to pay rent to him. Y'know, typical excuses.

I do lurk occasionally, though. And I'm completely up-to-date since I listen to all the F4W/Wrestling Observer shows (seriously, guys -- if you don't subscribe, I highly recommend it).

Random thoughts:

- Battleground on paper sounds pretty uneventful. But I'll watch it anyways.
- I thought the midget -- excuse me, "mini" -- bull was fantastic.
- Golddust should have worn a gold suit.
- HHH is hilarious as the evil GM both in his delivery and in the shameless way he buries talent.
- I was a mad mark for D-Bry but after getting stripped of the title twice, it's hard to really get behind him at this point.
- I wish I watched the Santino/Jinder flute spot -- sounds phenomenal.
- Paul E. is fantastic.
- Curtis Axel is absolutely awful.
- Loved Bray Wyatt's promos. Think he's so-so in the ring.
- Found it amusing they pushed the hell out of Darren Young coming out and never ONCE mentioned it on TV.
- I seriously hope they push Cesaro -- that guy is so awesome.
- JR getting fired for Ric Flair being Ric Flair is hilarious.
- Who's the US champ again? Oh, that's right -- Ambrose.
- Who are the tag champs? Oh, that's right -- The Shield.
- I wasn't joking when I had to ask those two above questions.
- Do you feel bad for The Miz? I kinda do.
- My favorite segment of the past few months was CM Punk randomly flipping out over that fan. Such a bizarre thing to do.

OK, I think that's it. Miss you guys!

Aiii

So not worth it
Let me show you guys how much I care for the Wii U hate!
iqea.jpg

I'm on a boat!

I think Superman 1 is worse in that regards

You don't even see adult Clark for like an hour!

And still were the best 2 in the series...

seriously.

Zod is the bad guy and all he did so far was kicking an astronaut. and talking.

i feel they gonna cramp all the action in the final 20 minutes.

Penguin

Oh, hi! I'm still here (Michael Donahoe, btw). But, yes, I'll admit I don't post that often. Mostly 'cause of work being busy. That, and my evil corporate boss buying my apartment and forcing me to pay rent to him. Y'know, typical excuses.
I have to say.. buying someone's house is the most dickish thing a heel has done.
Granted, it makes no sense... if he fires the Big Show can't get his payments... and is stuck with a home he won't really use.

Also, how can your boss call your family to know about your financial situation?

Battleground on paper sounds pretty uneventful. But I'll watch it anyways.
I thought this and Hell in a Cell were gonna kill the SummerSlam momentum.. lucky for me, they did that already!

Loved Bray Wyatt's promos. Think he's so-so in the ring.
Which would work if he was in any meaningful feud.

OK, I think that's it. Miss you guys!
I see you all the time!

seriously.

Zod is the bad guy and all he did so far was kicking an astronaut. and talking.

i feel they gonna cramp all the action in the final 20 minutes.

Oh no.
The climax of the film is REALLY kind of long. Especially the main fight.

LOL! Touche.

I have to say.. buying someone's house is the most dickish thing a heel has done.
Granted, it makes no sense... if he fires the Big Show can't get his payments... and is stuck with a home he won't really use.

Also, how can your boss call your family to know about your financial situation?

It's pretty funny. These "OMG! I'm SO broke despite making MILLIONS of dollars for MULTIPLE YEARS" storylines are hilarious. If this was Kofi Kingston, it'd be different, because I doubt that guy is making millions, but with The Big Show? Silly!

I thought this and Hell in a Cell were gonna kill the SummerSlam momentum.. lucky for me, they did that already!

Yep. Pretty dumb. But this is WWE. That's what they do best: dumb things!

Which would work if he was in any meaningful feud.

One would hope. I'm not so sure about him yet.

I see you all the time!

LOL!

Let me add to that
- Who's the US champ again? Oh, that's right -- Ambrose.
- Who are the tag champs? Oh, that's right -- The Shield.
- Who is the IC Champ? Kofi? Oh, that's right - Axel
- Who is the WHC? Oh Del Rio still..................yay -_-
- Who is the WWE Champ? OH THAT'S RIGHT FUCKING NO ONE.
Well is it at least advancing the story line? AmbroseNope.gif
!

edit: forgot one

who is the diva's champ. I know that one it's AJ but, If it were not for all the total diva's shilling I would have completly forgot about all the other divas entirely

Good job WWE

no really

Let me add to that

edit: forgot one

who is the diva's champ. I know that one it's AJ but, If it were not for all the total diva's shilling I would have completly forgot about all the other divas entirely

Good job WWE

no really

Yeah, seriously. Back in the day, I could tell you not only who the champs were, but also who they were feuding with. Why? Because the belts mattered. Nowadays, outside of the WWE championship, they're practically pointless.

Think about this: Does anyone REALLY care that Ambrose is US champ or The Shield are tag champs.

Better question: Do you think Ambrose/Shield would be ANY less over without the straps?

G-Fex

You know what makes Shield kinda boring.

There's little to NO Backstage segments anymore.

Where's Shield using a truck or something to run over superstars or crush their cars or something.

Where's shield doing something backstage in a locker room or hallway where they're using something heavy and shit and dropping it on a superstar.

fuck i'll settle for this.

ivKOQ5N14p8Gk.gif

Kaladin

Yeah, seriously. Back in the day, I could tell you not only who the champs were, but also who they were feuding with. Why? Because the belts mattered. Nowadays, outside of the WWE championship, they're practically pointless.

Think about this: Does anyone REALLY care that Ambrose is US champ or The Shield are tag champs.

Better question: Do you think Ambrose/Shield would be ANY less over without the straps?

WWE should be making you care bc they are the corporate security, instead, they're going to tasked a loss as champs on PPB because of that angle.

You know what makes Shield kinda boring.

There's little to NO Backstage segments anymore.

Where's Shield using a truck or something to run over superstars or crush their cars or something.

Where's shield doing something backstage in a locker room or hallway where they're using something heavy and shit and dropping it on a superstar.

fuck i'll settle for this.

ivKOQ5N14p8Gk.gif

LOL! Dropping empty boxes on wrestlers backstage would be a BRILLIANT move for a wrestler with a UPS driver gimmick.

Top Bottom