• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

odd camera angle or strangely compact xbox???

BeOnEdge

Banned
watching bungies newest weekly update, something caught my eye. a crystal xbox sitting atop a TV that look strangely different than other xboxes. for some odd reason it looked taller and more cube like. almost dreamcast like in size but taller. wmp doesnt let you do print screens so i took a pic. excuse the quality. doesnt this look odd???

dscf0081.jpg

vid is here.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_1095_en.html

around 5:00.

its probably just the crystal case that makes it look different but i looked at my xbox and the back is completely different.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that picture just looks like it's been vertically stretched. the proportions of the tv screens and faces are weird too.

BeOnEdge

Banned
thats what i thought too but then across the room those look normal. different angle but they still dont look as tall.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I swore i saw a compact Xbox too, but it wasn't at the part you were thinking of :p they had a debug and something that looked like a compact right beside it on a desk near a window. I think it's before what you're discussing.

Joe

wasnt there a rumor of someone at e3 going into a room full of suits and on the table was a small xbox?

Deku Tree

BeOnEdge said:
watching bungies newest weekly update, something caught my eye. a crystal xbox sitting atop a TV that look strangely different than other xboxes. for some odd reason it looked taller and more cube like. almost dreamcast like in size but taller. wmp doesnt let you do print screens so i took a pic. excuse the quality. doesnt this look odd???

dscf0081.jpg

vid is here.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_1095_en.html

around 5:00.

its probably just the crystal case that makes it look different but i looked at my xbox and the back is completely different.

It is completely different, but it looks bigger than a normal xbox to me not smaller.

BeOnEdge

Banned
there are but they dont show the whole thing. only the side. i wanted one with the top and the sides. the angle you are referring to had different looking venting possibly as well. like a tall section and a shorter section.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The green ones are debugs, what was seen in the first post is a Development Kit (XDK)

They're massive and they're like the crystal Xboxs

element

yeah, it is an XDK from a strange angle.

They are about 1 1/2 times taller then a normal xbox, because they have a SCSI port for DVD emulation.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
element said:
yeah, it is an XDK from a strange angle.

They are about 1 1/2 times taller then a normal xbox, because they have a SCSI port for DVD emulation.
The man is correct

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I believe the video was meant to be viewed with a 16:9 aspect ratio. Didn't you notice how EVERYTHING is stretched? :p

Top Bottom