• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

Sophia

Looking things over for a moment, although it's worth pointing out that even Zipped said that GP's power wasn't an indication of alignment.

Who is denying you have the powers you say you have? The only thing this phase someone said anything is doubting the refuse part of your claim.

Well, you are denying a pretty big part of my claim as it stands. And you and Sophia's top scum reads are ridiculous to be quite honest, to the point that I am becoming more and more inclined to think you are scum Zeke. It seems to me you are pushing attractive, but blatantly bad theories to try to get townies to make that one last mistake so that you can win.

Sophia

Well, you are denying a pretty big part of my claim as it stands. And you and Sophia's top scum reads are ridiculous to be quite honest, to the point that I am becoming more and more inclined to think you are scum Zeke. It seems to me you are pushing attractive, but blatantly bad theories to try to get townies to make that one last mistake so that you can win.

Question: Would you be suggesting that Blargonaut and Dragonz are also scum too? They're both also pushing for a Seath lynch right now.

What part of yoru claim am I denying? I think the only part of our reads you find ridiculous is you being on there.

What blatantly bad theories?

Question: Would you be suggesting that Blargonaut and Dragonz are also scum too? They're both also pushing for a Seath lynch right now.

No. I don't object to Seath. There's a very high chance he's scum of some sort. It's impossible that both Splinter and I are scum, and I thought that would be clear even not knowing what I know. A case could be made, that one of Splinter or I is scum, but the town had the deck stacked against them in a nearly insurmountable way from the beginning if both of us were to be scum. For example, I do think there's a chance Splinter is scum. I just think that chance is much lower than Seath's, Swamped's, Dragonz's, Kyan's, and Zeke's.

No. I don't object to Seath. There's a very high chance he's scum of some sort. It's impossible that both Splinter and I are scum, and I thought that would be clear even not knowing what I know. A case could be made, that one of Splinter or I is scum, but the town had the deck stacked against them in a nearly insurmountable way from the beginning if both of us were to be scum. For example, I do think there's a chance Splinter is scum. I just think that chance is much lower than Seath's, Swamped's, Dragonz's, Kyan's, and Zeke's.

*sigh*

politics

Answer the questions

giphy.gif

Sophia

What about Blarg? Also...

I'll explain my calls to claim in a bit more detail now that I'm back to a computer. I don't see any reason why information should be withheld from an as confirmed a townie as you can get pre-flipping, namely Zipped and Sophia.

I can see why some people might be reluctant to claim publicly, as this would give scum some more info too. But claiming to a confirmed townie protects your identity while still giving the town more information. Sophia specifically would have been the correct choice to message to today as scum are going to be pretty reluctant to target her at night. She could have evaluated the claims, and then she would have only needed to bring up a claim publicly if she thought there were some issues surrounding it. She'll likely be around tomorrow, so she still have the claim information that she could bring up for our remaining suspects.

Why did you think scum would be reluctant to kill me at night? My ability doesn't prevent the standard mafia kill from coming in, and they have a full team still. You were also pretty eager to have people roleclaim yesterday too...

What about Blarg? Also...

Why did you think scum would be reluctant to kill me at night? My ability doesn't prevent the standard mafia kill from coming in, and they have a full team still. You were also pretty eager to have people roleclaim yesterday too...

There's a tiny chance Blarg's scum. But it's so low that I'd rather focus on much likelier suspects.

And I wanted people to roleclaim because it gives us more info. I was not impressed that everyone was claiming ordinary. No one has claimed Absorb and Targets. So mafia members are pretending to be townies because they have seen the speculation that these abilities are related to scum, and they can't fake (outside of maaaaybe Splinter) having a different ability, so they claim ordinary.

You were the correct choice for 3 reasons:
1. You are just as town confirmed as Zipped
2. Having one scum roleblocked is still better than none
3. If scum killed you last night than that means Zipped was left alive for another night to check for Persepolis.

Sophia

Hmm, we've had four people who have claimed ordinary right?

OceanicAir, who is confirmed ordinary and dead
Ezekel, who is unconfirmed.
Kyanrute, who is unconfirmed.
Dragonz, who is unconfirmed, but confided to me in private with the message. Strongly suspect she is who she claimed tho.

Is there anyone still completely unclaimed?

Sophia

Ah, yeah, here it was

By voting me?

I rather Scum NK's me to be honest.

Much more helpful to town.

I won't role claim but that's as much as I'll say.

He wanted the scum team to night kill him. Paradoxically ensuring that the scum team would not night kill him that night. Because why risk a shot on someone who is breadcruming that something bad would happen to him when there are other targets?

Oh Zipped, you prematurely ended my fun. I'm the Captain, Komena aligned. My ability is to tell someone to either protect or view a player, though I didn't know who was receiving the orders. There's no effect for disobeying or not, it's simply an advisory role. I gave a protect suggestion on night 2.

The text has been the same each time (except for the target). It references my time with the military and how our officers and captains were magically trained to issue commands from afar. And while I can't remember WHO I am hearing they sound familiar.

Then it makes the offer for me to change my existing command to the one being offered by responding with "OBEY". Or I can "REFUSE" the suggestion and keep my original command.

I do agree nothing in here explicitly states town, neutral or scum. Which is why I left that up to discussion in my request to find giant panda's role. I have no doubt he has that role, based on what he has said. However his alignment still up for questions.

Also with this being a moderator mistake I'm going to let the information snafu between swamped/*splinter go by.

Kevyt

I am the one that didn't vote for OceanicAir, and believed this to be because of the dream that he received, which I also received which lead me to believe he was town (because I am town), and you guys are voting for me?

Why the hell is Splinter still alive having claimed cop?

How!?

In a game with three potential scum players, a cop town player would be deadly for them and given that the doctor is dead and so is the holy Ward player, it would make sense to go after him.

But I guess, go ahead and lynch me...

In the meantime,

vote: *Splinter

Yet I know scum has the potential to turbo me, so gg scum.

Kevyt

I'm also very weary of kyan because of his vote on OA... It seemed scummy as hell.

Also, can I get a big "I TOLD YOU SO!"

I was right about OA being town.

Kek

Sophia

I'm also very weary of kyan because of his vote on OA... It seemed scummy as hell.

Also, can I get a big "I TOLD YOU SO!"

I was right about OA being town.

Kek

I think everyone is weary of Kyan, but that stupid voting shtick is gonna make it hard to lynch him today. :\

Kevyt

At some point it seemed to me like a very easy target for scum because of his posts and his inability to properly to defend himself so I suggest we go hard on the people that voted for him.

No doubt in my mind that at least one scum voted for OA. Which leads me to believe that *Splinter and Kyanrute are scum.

Sophia

I already answered these. He denies the optional part of my claim. And he listed Splinter and I on the same scum team, which I already told you doesn't make sense.

Got any counter claim to this, Ezekel? I must admit, he has a point about Splinter and him being on the same team.

I would have prefered a non-OA, non-Seath lynch yesterday, but too many players were throwing down their votes kind of early for my tastes.

Says he would've preferred a non OA lynch. Also, only 3 ppl had a vote before he said he was voting OA.

Then goes on to say his reason for votign OA is:
I voted for OA because everything about him was scummy other than the way he was drawing attention to himself.
Everything was scummy except the way he was drawing attn to himself? I don't get it but ok I guess.

Ok he didn't want to vote OA, so he mustve been fighting kinda hard to vote someone else right?

OceanicAir is not my first choice for voting today. He has intentionally been calling a fair amount of attention to himself, more than I think most scum would do normally. I would prefer a Kyan, Swamped, or Dragonz lynch. However, now that Splinter already has a vote down on OA I will probably vote him unless he claims what his role is.
Not really, since he says he will just follow Splinter's vote, for W/E reason.

Voting early would be better. I was only waiting to see who other people support voting for more.
Notice in he says he prefers early voting here AND wants to see how ppl are gonna vote for. It seems to be just to bandwagon on them. Also he says here voting early is better, but said earlier that it was a problem "for his tastes".

I'm not in favor of a Seath or Splinter vote. Ideally, I'd prefer Kyan or Swamped, but OA is acceptable too.
Supports OA vote with just 3 votes out.

3. If scum killed you last night than that means Zipped was left alive for another night to check for Persepolis.
Now you care about the possibilties of checking for Persi? When N3 was the PERFECT time to check for him. LOL. The excuse you used to choose Swamped over Seath doesn't even make sense.

Also GP, it seems you missed these questions I had:
What part of yoru claim am I denying? I think the only part of our reads you find ridiculous is you being on there.

What blatantly bad theories?
If you ignore them I'm just gonna think you just spewed random things with nothing at all the back them up.

Got any counter claim to this, Ezekel? I must admit, he has a point about Splinter and him being on the same team.
There is really nothing to counter claim? I haven't denied any of his abilities this day phase. So the comment he made about me denying his refuse thing is a str8 lie. Also his only defense to him and splinter being on the same team is splinter's role claims which in the end, beefy, but can't be confirmed at all.

Sophia

I'm thinking

Oh, okay. Sorry for pressuring you then. D:

There is really nothing to counter claim? I haven't denied any of his abilities this day phase. So the comment he made about me denying his refuse thing is a str8 lie. Also his only defense to him and splinter being on the same team is splinter's role claims which in the end, beefy, but can't be confirmed at all.

The fact that neither of them can be 100% confirmed is bothering me most of all. :\

Sophia

Unvote

May or may not be going to bed within the hour, and it's extremely unlikely we'll get the votes needed for Seath now. Don't want a turbo during the night if some new stuff comes up. If the situation hasn't changed, will revote in the morning when I can devote my full attention span.

I thought of another reason my ability can't be targets. How would Zipped still have received my message if my ability had been lightning roded to Feng?

I find it odd that your ability still went to zipped even with a LR. Splint's claim makes sense since he targets the post of a player instead of a player themselves. But yours targets a player. That is true about targets not being yours since you would have to have two actions at night.

Giant Panda's scum list:

Zeke
Swamped
Seath
Kyan
Dragonz

Swamped's scum list:

Zeke
Kyan
Dragonz
Seath

Zeke's scum list:

Seath
GP
Splinter
Kyan

Sophia's scum list

Seath
Splinter
GP
Kyan

Seath's scum list

Splinter
Kyan

*Splinter

Honestly, I feel like I bought into Day 4's insanity a bit too much and missed some obvious stuff.

This exchange, for example.

The exact outcome I was worried about then happened. Zipped was spared a day to make use of the dictate, and Splinter immediately dismissed it to push his "they should have killed townies!" angle. And now we cannot confirm or de-confirm Giant Panda's ability because he's dead.
How was Zipped used to "make use of the dictate"?

Panda was as "confirmed" as Zipped coukd make him yesterday. Why would repeating the same thing change anything?

The number of confirmed townies still alive is the only reason we still have a chance of winning this. If you don't understand that then I don't know what to tell you.

Top Bottom