• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of the big 3 who’s on the hot seat?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hotness on seats. :lollipop_anxious_sweat:

maxresdefault.jpg

Diddy X

lol I see you know very little, out of the 3 Sony, even being the top console seller, is the one closest to shutting down its gaming division as they have the weakest business strategy.

Last edited:

LakeOf9

• Sony: has the best selling game of the year, has a console selling at a record breaking pace, has managed to top charts even with full priced late ports, has chart topping accessories, has a GOTY contender announced for later this year
  • Nintendo: is en route to having the bestselling console of all time (with no price drop), has an absurdly stacked lineup for said console in its final year, has a successor confirmed for release soon, has at least one GOTY contender lined up for later this year
  • Microsoft: has started to put games on competing consoles, their last big release flopped, their upcoming games for the year aren't dated (and prone to delays judging by history), Series X and S are almost non-entities in non-Anglosphere markets, was forced to disrupt operations thanks to the ABK acquisition
I don't know...

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
  • MS is clearly on the hot seat, which is why they're by far the most interesting and inventive right now. Out of necessity.
  • Sony is on a lukewarm seat. Just lost a CEO, development pipeline seems to have massive problems with head of production fired as well, GAAS bets cratering, investors demanding answers. But their consumer base is ecstatic about the product so it's lukewarm seat temperature at best.
  • Nintendo is on a room temperature seat with a slight cool breeze blowing. Doing phenomenally well, but launching a new console is always a massive risk. People loved the Wii but they couldn't carry them over to Wii U, and that could happen again. Or they could do better than ever and get more 3rd party support with their next machine than they have even now.

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
Microsoft has been in trouble lately with their subscriptions, Nintendo I guess because of the hardware, Sony no. Which of the big 3 are on a hot seat in your opinion?

Switch is making Nintendo money hand over fist. Sony has a lack of great exclusives and are trying to dip their toes in the GaaS world because they will need it to survive soon. Microsoft missed the mark and is going 3rd party.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
OP puts a "Sony no" on hot takes for the primary console publishers, who all of them are rich and all have their specific problems

And people said that Sony boys aren't the worst

Sorry OP, but Sony is. Microsoft has the money and nintendo has the margins. Consoles are fading and Sony in the future will be in more trouble than the other two.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Obviously Microsoft

But the "Sony no" bit is a joke.

Just a few problems for them: PSVR2 was sold at a massive premium but given very little support, more of an also-ran in the space of VR, which is surely insulting to purchasers; their Western games have taken a nosedive and are falling prey to the same corporate political insertions that we see in other braindead companies like Disney, gradually borderline indistinguishable from them; the cost of PS5 development versus the rewards in terms of new games seems off balance, making it a poor generation compared to former ones; etc

all of em kind of

as a pc gamer with a massive dong, not sure xbox or ps can satisfy me anymore.
nintendo might pull a wii u again and name the switch2 the "switcheroo" or something.

Top Bottom