• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NeoGAF corporation Eve-Online thread

JoeMartin

PatzCU said:
Has anyone system requirements for Trinity?

I'm sitting at:

6600GT
AMD 3500+
1 gig RAM

I want to be able to run it at 1680x1050... I can't imagine it will be too intense just because its a bunch of models floating around. Can't wait to get back to playing! I applied for NeoGAF corp about 3 minutes before the server imploded.

I think you'd be pushing a 6600GT pretty hard @ 1680x1050 on the regular client, especially once things get a little heated. You may be able to run trinity at the lowest possible settings.

DGaio

Hello. So I'm thinking of joining since it sounds really great and, after all, its NeoGaf so it must be so awesome.

But I'm thinking of going the manufacturing, research and industry path, is it what the Corporation is inclined to persue, or is it more of a fighters kind of Corp?

Can't wait for Trinity!! :D

Wes

venison crêpe
Two questions guys:

1) I'll be signing back up to the trial on Thursday night/Friday (work done for the year woop!) but if I remember rightly the 4 (or is it 5 now?) races you can choose from start in different places. Does it matter which I choose in terms of getting to the station our corp offices are at?

I normally play Gallente if that makes any difference. I mean will I have to travel through low sec space to get to the corp office?

2) Do you have to run the game with the new Trinity engine or can you run on the older graphics package? I only ask because my poor pc has been very poorly lately and I don't want to push her too hard.

AMD 64 3500+
1gb RAM
256mb 7600GT
1280x 4:3 res.

See you all in space soon!

Icy

Banned
Icy approves. Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon too. Tek.. please take me on as your humble apprentice (bitch).

PatzCU

Wes said:
Two questions guys:

1) I'll be signing back up to the trial on Thursday night/Friday (work done for the year woop!) but if I remember rightly the 4 (or is it 5 now?) races you can choose from start in different places. Does it matter which I choose in terms of getting to the station our corp offices are at?

I normally play Gallente if that makes any difference. I mean will I have to travel through low sec space to get to the corp office?

2) Do you have to run the game with the new Trinity engine or can you run on the older graphics package? I only ask because my poor pc has been very poorly lately and I don't want to push her too hard.

AMD 64 3500+
1gb RAM
256mb 7600GT
1280x 4:3 res.

See you all in space soon!

I created a Gallente as well, the NeoGAF corp office was only 5 jumps from my start location so I'm assuming this could mean you could start as a Gallente and be very close.

I'm pretty confident your system could probably run Trinity... I only have a 6600GT and I'm running the current client without a hitch at 1680x1050. Hell, my 6600GT runs Team Fortress 2 at 1680x1050. I can't imagine Trinity being a huge system hog considering it was designed to be able to handle large battles with minimal slowdown.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Apparently they're "on schedule"..so doesn't look like there will be any early launch or whatnot.

Missing it :(

DGaio

gofreak said:
Apparently they're "on schedule"..so doesn't look like there will be any early launch or whatnot.

Missing it :(

Well, thats better than getting delayed, which is what happens with big changes like this. :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I hope this chap isn't a sign of how things are going :| :p

7ynnk9s.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Ok I got a stupid question. If i decide to continue with the game past trial, do I actually have to buy the game or just do monthly payments?

Icy

Banned
Ferrio said:
Ok I got a stupid question. If i decide to continue with the game past trial, do I actually have to buy the game or just do monthly payments?

$20.00 first month, 15.00 thereafter

fallout

Icy said:
$20.00 first month, 15.00 thereafter
So the game is basically 5 bucks? I was a little confused by the wording of that as well. Wasn't sure if it was 20 bucks on top of the 15 or not.

Icy

Banned
fallout said:
So the game is basically 5 bucks? I was a little confused by the wording of that as well. Wasn't sure if it was 20 bucks on top of the 15 or not.

probably like wow. 20 bucks for the software and get the monthn free.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Not sure if you can patch up to Trinity or need to download the whole client again (what I'm doing), but oh well..

Wes

venison crêpe
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Intel Pentium® IV 1.5 GHz or AMD XP 1500+ MHz
RAM: 1024 MB or more
HD space: 8.0 GB
Network: 56k modem or better Internet connection
Video: 128 MB Shader Model 3.0 Graphics cards such as GeForce 6 class card or higher, ATi X1300 or higher and Similar chips from other manufacturers
Drivers: DirectX® 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers

Recommended system configuration
CPU: Intel Pentium® IV 2 GHz or AMD XP 2000+ MHz
RAM: 2048 MB
HD space: 8.0 GB
Video: 256MB GeForce 7950 or higher, ATi Radeon X1900 or higher and Similar chips from other manufacturers
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Drivers: DirectX® 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers

Eww, I languish somewhere in the deadzone between these two. Should I risk it?

DGaio

There are 3 options, one of them is to patch up to Trinity with the goodies only ( 584 mb instead of the complete premium client, witch is 1.16 GB).

PatzCU

Gah! I slip in just above the Minimum Requirements. Hopefully the graphics are scalable in some way. All I really care about are pretty look ships, I don't need any fancy space or weapon affects.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Eep! My download just stopped. I hope they didn't pull the clients and patches.

edit - running again..hope i don't get a corrupt download now..

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Done downloading (went with torrent, super fast)

Anyway, should i uninstall the old client before installing the new? Im wondering if its going to conflict

Wes

venison crêpe
PatzCU said:
Gah! I slip in just above the Minimum Requirements. Hopefully the graphics are scalable in some way. All I really care about are pretty look ships, I don't need any fancy space or weapon affects.

Can someone check on this then report back? :D

Ferrio

Banned
Well, you either have the choice of old graphics, or new graphics. On the new graphics you don't have much to change. The level of shadows, and HDR the only things.

Here's a picture everything turned on at 1920x. Mine runs at 30 fps with no action, who knows how bad it would be with tons of ships.

new_eve.jpg

DGaio

It seems the premium graphics are only available to graphic cards supporting 3.0 shader model, but I'm in a trial account so I could be wrong.

EDIT: Nice Ferrio :D

Ferrio

Banned
I didn't need to do any torrent.

Just started the game, it updated. Then when you're inside go to options screen, and it let's you download it from there.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Finally installing..the installer took a long-ass time to start up after it had verified itself, for some reason.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Alright, i've played a bit, first, the premium client allows you to revert back to older graphics, simply uncheck "premium graphic content" and voila, back to oldie but goodie.

Im on a laptop, intel core duo 1.83, 2GB 667 DDR2, 7800 256MB, im not entirely sure i'll play with the premium graphics, @ 1600x1000, self shadowing and HDR + bloom i get mouse lag, which is probably related to frame rendered ahead, which i could fix if nvidia hadnt been as dumb as removing the option in their drivers. No shadow, no bloom but HDR is decent, no self shadowing, no bloom no hdr (basically just the new textures and bump mapping, etc) its pretty playable but when i left the station i was alone so i dont know.

Its just that, the previous build, outside of the stations, it already looked pretty good and it runs smooth as butter, im not entirely convinced to go with premium graphics yet.

Im also looking at ebay for a 7900 or 7950 GTX upgrade for my laptop... hmm

Grayman

Well if you can uncheck the premium box i will try installing the new client and see what I can get out of it.

Dear CCP,
Go code me some 3d drivers for the PS3 under linux and shine this up for cell :lol

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Danne-Danger said:
Where is that torrent?

Its on the official download page, its written "You may also download it through a Torrent" right under where you can download the file, it'll show up as an .exe but its their own torrent client that loads up.

Ferrio

Banned
I had to turn the graphics down a notch. I was getting 10 fps when there were a good amount of ships on screen. Put shadows and bloom on normal. HOpefully that'll be enough. If not i'll axe shadows.

PatzCU

I'm definitely going to have to turn shadows and bloom off... But I can't imagine it will look that much diffrent without that stuff.

Wes

venison crêpe
Saw someone post this screenshot. Sorry about the pic size, will take it down after a while. I was impressed though:

733gso6.jpg

Won

That looks crazy.

3 random shots from my old char.

86gs5lf.jpg

80vvfo8.jpg

71w1kw0.jpg

Looks really really good. Also shadows make the brown-redish Rifter black?

Direct download from Eve-online worked. Also apparently you can download the premium graphics in the background while playing the classic version?

Eric P

i downloaded the new classic version, played it and decided that it wasn't really for me.

so having tried it, i'm going to bow out of this thread. thanks for the inspiration to at least give it a shot

Ferrio

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Direct download from Eve-online worked. Also apparently you can download the premium graphics in the background while playing the classic version?

That's what I did.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wes said:
Saw someone post this screenshot. Sorry about the pic size, will take it down after a while. I was impressed though

So this person got HDR and AA working together?

The HDR does make a fairly big difference. I think the lighting is actually totally different with that turned on, not just higher dynamic range. Even without AA, I think I'd stick to it, but it'd be nice to have the AA also.

Top Bottom