• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
giga said:
laura-bush-mercedes-benz-fashion-week-fall-2007-heart-truth-red-dress-runway-AUAr4C.jpg

She is not a bad looking woman. Just lose the makup and keep it simple. Geez.

Post some pics of the brunette daughter :D

Alucard

Banned
NewLib said:
To be fair, US has more athletes than 12 island nations combined. Its take a long time for them to walk by.

I know that. I'm just bitter at this absolutely awful commentary. I want to piss, poo, and vomit all over Bob Costas.

jakncoke

Banned
Hootie said:
[MG]http://i37.tinypic.com/i2izv8.jpg[/IMG]

She looks too...slutty. Can't say I wouldn't hit it hard, though.

That just means she's down to kinky stuff and wtf about them thinking cutting softball out of the Olympics, did I hear that right?

Karakand

It's on tape delay, NBC cuts for commercials, but DOESN'T freeze the tape delay?

I hope they never get this shit again.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
joesmokey said:
The point being that Budweiser isn't owned by an American company anymore lol.
*clears throat*
Right...ha!
*slumps head*

Hootie

jakncoke said:
I have a feeling I am going to get owned in 3....2....1

Yeah she's kinda the First Lady of the United States. :lol

EDIT: Wow nice unibrow from that Mozambique dude.

NewLib

Banned
Karakand said:
It's on tape delay, NBC cuts for commercials, but DOESN'T freeze the tape delay?

I hope they never get this shit again.

You know if NBC doesnt get it then it would probably be ABC and I can see ABC putting Stephen A Smith announcing this.

Alucard

Banned
Oh fuck off, he just advertised The Today Show. Too much BS.

LoL@Netherlands comments: "He was beaten rather badly recently in the 200 meters...by Michael Phelps, who is pretty much beating everyone right now."

FUCK YOU NBC, YOU ASSHOLE HOMERS.

calder

Shiggie said:
lol at bush beating the flag on his leg.
Yeah no kidding, looked like some guy impatiently sitting through an opera his wife dragged him too. Granted I would be antsy by that point too, especially in that ungodly heat and humidity, but not being a world leader would allow me a bit of slack.

Keylime

CELEBRITY AD #2!

FUCK OBAMA!

mollipen

Man, it must really suck to be watching the Olympics with some of you. Between your (incorrect) assessments of some of the political commentary, and your bitching any time ANY small non-Olympic comment is made, you really must be fun folks to hang out with.

Alucard

Banned
"X country, discovered in 1892 by Christopher Columbus." I'm sorry, but this Westernized coverage is painful and continues to perpetuate the idea that any non-Western country is some backwards place.

shidoshi said:
Man, it must really suck to be watching the Olympics with some of you. Between your (incorrect) assessments of some of the political commentary, and your bitching any time ANY small non-Olympic comment is made, you really must be fun folks to hang out with.

It's more pointing out how NBC mentions politics and athletics in relation to how friendly a nation is with the US. ie. Israel is about the athletes, Russia is about the Georgia situation.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Dammit! Wish Lebron had said:

"We are not just representing Los Angeles or... ugh, uhm, what city do I play for again? Oh, yeah, Columbus. No, wait, Cleveland? Man, I wish it was New York... but yeah, we represent America as a whole!"

Keylime

Tamanon said:
That's bizarre, I'm in North Carolina, a state you'd think he'd put that ad in and it hasn't shown up.
South Jersey/Philadelphia area here.

That ad really pisses me off...so you can imagine my delight seeing it shown.

Keylime

NBC just fucking discredits this chick winning a text message poll by saying she fixed it by texting herself a ton.

God damnit you fucking idiots shut the fuck up.

Alucard

Banned
shidoshi said:

Come on. This is pure skewed bias, through and through. It makes the Olympics feel like a political circus instead of a legitimate well-intentioned sporting event to promote peace and friendly competition.

And yeah, that El Salvador comment was just plain stupid and ignorant.

calder

RubxQub said:
NBC just fucking discredits this chick winning a text message poll by saying she fixed it by texting herself a ton.

That was stunningly bad.

"No, I wish I hadn't brought it up! Hu-yuk!"

Tamanon said:
Costas HATING on big girls!
Who would vote for someone this fat?
"X country, discovered in 1892 by Christopher Columbus." I'm sorry, but this Westernized coverage is painful and continues to perpetuate the idea that any non-Western country is some backwards place.
Seriously, is it that hard to, you know, talk about the flag bearer or the athletes of each country? At least pretend your viewers are interested in other countries beyond the relationship they have to theirs via celebs.

giga

RubxQub said:

Someone fill me on this, wasn't paying attention. :s

Keylime

NewLib said:
Why are you people still paying attention to this? There are actual events going on.
I want to see this Austrian goddess in HD.

giga said:

It wasn't that big a deal, but the flag carrier for Venezuela (I think) was this big lady. She apparently won the right to carry the flag by getting the most votes via a text message contest.

The NBC announcer then goes on to joke that she probably sat there texting in votes for herself all night to win.

Dali

shidoshi said:
I just started watching a few moments ago, and felt inclined to comment on all the negative political commentary that's being added. Maybe it wouldn't be so obvious if I would not have watched it live earlier today and not got any such commentary from the BBC or CBC commentators. They kept it pretty positive, pointing out what athletes to watch from a certain country or interesting positive factoids. And they didn't have the crutch of commercials or the blessing of a few seconds per country. That shit lasted for forever and when they didn't have anything to say they stfu and let you enjoy the parade.

Tamanon

Banned
giga said:

Basically what he said, a weightlifter was a flagbearer, and Costas said that she was probably voting for herself multiple times to be the flagbearer and someone should check the results. Then he lapses into "I shouldn't have brought that up":lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom