• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamesj

Banned
Kikujiro said:
Seriously people, those are your official Olympics commentators? I feel bad for you:lol

Here in Italy they're showing a badminton match, it's incredible how during the Olympics I can watch even the most unknown sport and find it interesting, fuck.

badminton rules...best part of U.S. phys ed, for sure. :lol

as for the commentators, it was kinda eerie how specific he was with that year. I knew they weren't going to devote a portion of the ceremony to the Mao years, but the guy specifically mentioned the year when things really began to turn around politically after the Cultural Revolution. as if they don't want americans thinking about the real Chinese history, either. Unless he was being a sly smart ass... :lol

Mamesj

Banned
sorry for the DP:

another classic NBC moment-- "there's President Bush...seems to be talking to Vladimir Putin." Neither man looked very happy :lol

Pakkidis

I mean this in no offense, but America has the WORST commentators for any sport.

After you listen to Canadian broadcasting, its hard to turn back.

calder

There was one super hot American athlete, didn't know who she was but the camera man recognized quality and gave her a lingering close up.

Near the end China brings out a small harem of near-identical hotties to make some lame bird dance almost tolerable. When they came on I mocked announced "... and now, China's hottest women to do some interpretive dance in identical gowns" but my wife didn't even chuckle. I thought it was funny. ;(

Hootie

Pakkidis said:
I mean this in no offense, but America has the WORST commentators for any sport.

After you listen to Canadian broadcasting, its hard to turn back.

I live in America, but I will say that Scottish soccer/football commentators are fanatical.

Kikujiro

Mamesj said:
badminton rules...best part of U.S. phys ed, for sure. :lol

Well, Schenk (Germany) and Yulianti (Indonesia) is an amazing match, 20-20 on the third game. Crowd is excited too:lol

guess said:
why does everything have to be political. this commentary sucks

It was the same god damn thing during fucking Athens. The Olympics is about peace and good-hearted competition, not about pushed political commentary.

I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT AMERICA'S GOT TALENT OR YOUR STAGED PIZZA HUT COMMERICALS!

edit: 24 hour fitness commercial just redeemed them

I am actually watching stuff live on nbcolympics.com now. It really pisses me off how they randomly break to commercial there too and I missed some match moments as a result.

Mamesj

Banned
Incognito said:
yea it's really terrible

"iran... the antagonists"

i mean, wtf?

no way...well, i knew skipping the country entrances was the right move. :lol

edit: I can hear my folks watching it upstairs. Did he just say "during the commercial break, the Iraqis entered the stadium"? ummm....this isn't live :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Somebody post when the US is a few away. Switching between this and the baseball game.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Fuck the Olypmics...

HANNAH MONTANA ON BLURAY!

Keylime

Shadow780 said:
Wait for Austria, there's one extremely hot blonde, if not the hottest blonde of the entire olympic.
Dude...your avatar is from that Tifa titjob video :lol

*runs to the googles*

Keylime

Romania has a Natalie Portman.

Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom