• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
82214345.jpg

Wouldn't everyone march though? The USA gear is so fresh :D

Branduil

Dali said:
Holy shit. USA rolls up in that bitch like they own the place. Either there's a lot of Americans in the stands or we're not as hated as I thought.
China doesn't hate us, we buy all their stuff.

Dali

Cloudy said:
82214345.jpg

Wouldn't everyone march though? The USA gear is so fresh :D
That definitely looks like what they were wearing, so maybe he did march.

Not everyone marches though. Some athletes are in another location. Some are competing soon and decided to opt out of the march.

Troidal

0OoO0 said:
:lol The girls on the side are still clapping and moving their legs...i feel sorry for them

If they can clap and move their legs this long, I can't imagine what else they can do.

YouSchrutedit

Neo Member
I definitely saw Boozer along with Howard (they're not wearing their caps), and I also saw Kobe, No sightings of LeBron, Wade and Melo, though.

msnn8h.jpg

Edit: There's Melo.

duckroll

I can't believe Li Jiawei let the Singapore flag drag on the floor! What the FUCK. I know you're short but come on, wtf. >_<

Dali

Karakand said:
What did their flag look like?

also OMG DIRK
I dunno. They were almost gone when the feed came back and I didn't see the flag... just a lot of hot women all wearing long white coats and white skirts. They were right before Germany so if anyone has a list...

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Dali said:
I dunno. They were almost gone when the feed came back and I didn't see the flag... just a lot of hot women all wearing long white coats and white skirts. They were right before Germany so if anyone has a list...

Guess it's Lebanon.

Here comes China!!

China just rolled out, the crowd didn't go as crazy as I thought they would.

Thank you, CBC, for showing the ceremony live. And screw you, NBC, for waiting until 7:30 PM tonight to show it.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Trevelyon said:
Urgh! The Australian outfits were teeeeeeeerrible. :lol

Doesn't even look like anything remotely Australian, looks like a Zoolander outfit.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
The crowd's chanting "Go China!" for those who don't understand Mandarin. It's more equivalent to Ganbatte in Japanese though, "Go China" doesn't have the same ring

giga

YouSchrutedit said:
I definitely saw Boozer along with Howard (they're not wearing their caps), and I also saw Kobe, No sightings of LeBron, Wade and Melo, though.

msnn8h.jpg

Edit: There's Melo.
classy. love it.

Srider

Banned
SnowWolf said:
The crowd's chanting "Go China!" for those who don't understand Mandarin. It's more equivalent to Ganbatte in Japanese though, "Go China" doesn't have the same ring

I guess another way to interpret it is "China! Let's go!"

Dali

So this guy just said he was going to sleep in the stream chat area. Before leaving he said "screw you white Yanks." I'm kind of confused as to whether or not I should be offended. On one hand I'm not white and I actually say the something very similar myself quite often. On the other hand, I am a "Yank" and feel kind of like I'm not counted as American because I'm not white.

Kikujiro

They have dedicated some close-up to Nadal, Federer, Kobe and Dirk. Great cheers for them, especially the two NBA stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom