• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxim726X said:
So there's no such thing as a hot streak?

Interesting.
Ok, I'll stop being an asshole for a minute and admit I've never seen a study done on month-long hot streaks, so I would be willing to maybe give Uggla a little boost. But even you think Uggla's true talent level at the moment is ~.875 OPS and Heyward's is ~.775 OPS, I don't do it because the pitcher is left with no margin for error with the bases loaded.

But even with batters vs. particular pitchers (something you could argue would make more intuitive sense) with sample sizes comparable to a month of ABs, there isn't any predictive value.

Malo

Banned
Eight wins in a row and the pen was great today. They should win with CC going against lackey tomorrow, keep it rolling.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
TangMeng said:
1st place fuck yeah!!!! This is our year!
shawnhuntershokced.gif

Sharp said:
I'll try to find it. IIRC the rationale is that defenders have more options on where to throw a runner out.
That does make sense. Yet the chance of scoring just 1 run is still higher with the bases loaded as opposed to just 2B and 3B, which is what really matters.

Paches

TRAYVOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

I got a feeling the Mariner's got some really good young players coming up, I have high hopes for the future!

Macattk15

Dmncnby2k9 said:
How good was it? Best play of the year?

Nah probably not ... but pretty fucking nice for a rookie making his first ML start.

It wasn't an easy one by any means. Def. #1 on Sportscenter.

Macattk15

rando14 said:
Weaver is kicking the M's asses.

I think he has been kicking most teams asses looking at his stats ... well minus the Tigers :lol

Sportscenter just said the Trayvon catch might be the play of the year.

rando14

Macattk15 said:
I think he has been kicking most teams asses looking at his stats ... well minus the Tigers :lol

Sportscenter just said the Trayvon catch might be the play of the year.

Ahaha yeah that's true. 1.84 ERA, oh boy.

I'm not sure I'd say play of the year, but it was really nice. Definitely robbed the Angels of the 2 runs they'd need to beat the Ms.

Macattk15 said:
Nah probably not ... but pretty fucking nice for a rookie making his first ML start.

It wasn't an easy one by any means. Def. #1 on Sportscenter.
Saw it man, to make that catch with all the fans there is crazy.

ryan-ts

Missed Lawrie's triumphant entrance into the MLB because I decided to hang out with a friend. Worst decision of my life. I bet it was glorious with angels singing from high and a shining beacon hovering above the plate whenever he went to bat.

Cathcart

JABEE said:
It seems like every hit he gets is either a double or a home run.
17 of his last 22 hits were extra bases. The idea of him keeping this up and becoming a regular starter with Victorino and Pence in the outfield is just insane.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kevin Goldstein said:
There is some chance that Trayvon Robinson has done more in the big leagues than the three guys the #Dodgers got for him ever will.

Harsh.

I can dig any player who rocks high socks. That catch he made was pretty sweet.

Cathcart

Worley getting himself out of trouble with some nice pitching against Beltran. Pretty impressive, especially since the ump has a really small strike zone tonight.

Sharp

WTF are they thinking IBBing Zimmerman to get to Morse?

And of course Morse drives in the run... Tracy is a dumbass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom