• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnEternalEnigma said:
How in the world do you not walk Uggla right there with first base open and two outs?

Oh well, thanks Terry.
Uggla has looked terrible in this game and heyward is a lefty.

TC just reamed Igarashi out on the mound. WOW.

The Frankman said:
Uggla has looked terrible in this game and heyward is a lefty.

TC just reamed Igarashi out on the mound. WOW.

Heyward has looked horrible all season. I'd rather pitch to him than to someone with a 25-game hitting streak and hitting .354 during it.

harSon

Banned
Seems our team has lost their swagger and given up hope for the season. Wish ya'll would have done it before I purchased three tickets to watch your sorry asses :|

AnEternalEnigma said:
How in the world do you not walk Uggla right there with first base open and two outs?

Oh well, thanks Terry.
I'm thankful Terry hasn't succumbed to the disease of stupid IBB (which is almost all of them), too.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i don't think there was really a correct call in that situation with Uggla and 2B/3B and 2 outs. The "walk bonds chart" which i guess could be used in this situation since Uggla is on fire says "go with your gut" when you are down 1 and in that situation in the 8th. I probably would have pitched to Uggla because of Igarashi's great split vs. RHB and not so great vs. LHB.

edit: misread the chart, it actually says "WALK NOW!" so yeah. If you think Uggla is hitting like Bonds.. then i guess so. Still probably would have pitched to him since I wouldn't trust Igarashi's vs. a lefty and with the bases loaded and his control issues that inning..

edit 2: i would probably have brought in another reliever though, but hindsight is 20/20.

Maxim726X

Windu said:
i don't think there was really a correct call in that situation with Uggla and 2B/3B and 2 outs. The "walk bonds chart" which i guess could be used in this situation since Uggla is on fire says "go with your gut" when you are down 1 and in that situation in the 8th. I probably would have pitched to Uggla because of Igarashi's great split vs. RHB and not so great vs. LHB.

I agree with the decision.

He is on a tear right now and I would want no part of him.

Windu

so i hear that the mets had to sweep the braves to have a chance at the wild card (as if they had one to begin with). well, so much for that!

nocode

What a flat game. When Reyes doesn't hit they lose. Really big loss trying to chase the wild card. They needed to sweep this series. Could have been 5 out after, now they can only be 7 best case scenario. Still, I've seen crazier things happen in sports. Not throwing in the towel yet.

Edit: Fuck you Windu. Not giving up yet, and stop reading my future posts.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly I have no idea where these crazy delusional aspirations from Mets fans are coming from.

Through the first 111 games of 2010 the Mets were 55-56.

Through the first 111 games of 2011 the Mets are 55-56.

It's over. It's been over for a while guys.

rando14

darkside31337 said:
Honestly I have no idea where these crazy delusional aspirations from Mets fans are coming from.

Through the first 111 games of 2010 the Mets were 55-56.

Through the first 111 games of 2011 the Mets are 55-56.

It's over. It's been over for a while guys.

Wow that's eerie.

BTW, you were using the wrong chart, Windu. You were using the "Giants at Home" chart. The "Giants on Road" chart still says to walk him, though.

Windu

CajoleJuice said:
BTW, you were using the wrong chart, Windu. You were using the "Giants at Home" chart. The "Giants on Road" chart still says to walk him, though.
oh, thanks.

LJ11

Constanza, the newest Met killer.

Seems like Reyes is hitting into some bad luck, hitting the ball hard/line drives but right at a defenders. Been the story since Cincey.

LJ11 said:
Constanza, the newest Met killer.

Seems like Reyes is hitting into some bad luck, hitting the ball hard/line drives but right at a defenders. Been the story since Cincey.
The BABIP regression gods have come for him.

Maxim726X

CajoleJuice said:
hitting streaks/hot hitters/what the fuck ever have little (if any) predictive ability

Does not compute.

Would you want to pitch to someone who is in the middle of hitting over .400 for a few weeks or someone who is struggling?

I'm not sure I understand.

Maxim726X said:
Does not compute.

Would you want to pitch to someone who is in the middle of hitting over .400 for a few weeks or someone who is struggling?

But the guy is hitting .219 even after having a 25 game streak. The guys swing at bad pitches and strikes out a lot.

Dragon

Banned
Maxim726X said:
Does not compute.

I mean is the .400 hitter a good player? Is the other one a bad player?

Maxim726X

TheBranca18 said:
I mean is the .400 hitter a good player? Is the other one a bad player?

Historically, Uggla is an offensive threat. This season not so much... But he clearly has the ability to do some damage.

If he's in the middle of some insane hot streak (which he is) and he has this history, I wouldn't throw to him. Especially with someone on deck who has had a terrible season and is struggling currently.

Maxim726X said:
Historically, Uggla is an offensive threat. This season not so much... But he clearly has the ability to do some damage.

If he's in the middle of some insane hot streak (which he is) and he has this history, I wouldn't throw to him. Especially with someone on deck who has had a terrible season and is struggling currently.
But Heyward is hitting .375 over his past three games, he's obviously turning it around!

Maxim726X

CajoleJuice said:
But Heyward is hitting .375 over his past three games, he's obviously turning it around!

...Which is why I said 'weeks', as in, not one series.

He's been hot for over a month. Not good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom