• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

SuperMalo said:
But he has the third best selling kid's album on itunes!
I was talking more about his stupid comments after the game, but the guy just always screams tool to me.

I give him some props though, that play he made stopping Crawford's triple in the last inning I was at the bar. "What a retarded throw!"...sees the replay. Looked awkward, but pretty damn slick relay.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Jair Jurrjens put on the DL with a strained right knee. Mike Minor called up and will start sunday. And chipper is back in the lineup tonight, batting 5th and Heyward is being platooned. sigh
#Braves lineup: 1. Bourn CF, 2. Prado LF, 3. Freeman 1B, 4. Uggla 2B, 5. Jones 3B, 6. Ross C, 7. Gonzales SS, 8. Constanza RF, 9. Hanson P

eznark

Banned
One of the Reds top priorities this winter should be trading Yonder Alonso for an actual outfielder. Yonder Alonso is flat unplayable. The last two days he has looked so fantastically out of place in the field. His bat will draw plenty of interest and should reap solid rewards, especially from Prince Fielder also-rans.

dmag1223

eznark said:
One of the Reds top priorities this winter should be trading Yonder Alonso for an actual outfielder. Yonder Alonso is flat unplayable. The last two days he has looked so fantastically out of place in the field. His bat will draw plenty of interest and should reap solid rewards, especially from Prince Fielder also-rans.
They need to move him to third.

Man, What a depressing season.

eznark said:
The guy is powerful, they'll get sumthing for him. Another Cuban who might get traded if he ever recovers is Morales. I rather keep Morales than Trumbo.

Talon

Windu said:
Jair Jurrjens put on the DL with a strained right knee. Mike Minor called up and will start sunday. And chipper is back in the lineup tonight, batting 5th and Heyward is being platooned. sigh
God dammit, Fredi.

BigAT

Has there been any rumor or innuendo about Joe Buck being medicated this season? Not that he was ever even close to being exciting, but he has sounded incredibly bored this year, even by his extremely low standards. It sounds like he downs a bottle of valium before every game.

eznark

Banned
BigAT said:
Has there been any rumor or innuendo about Joe Buck being medicated this season? Not that he was ever even close to being exciting, but he has sounded incredibly bored this year, even by his extremely low standards. It sounds like he downs a bottle of valium before every game.
Health issues actually, vocal chords. Too bad they didn't render him mute.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
eznark said:
Health issues actually, vocal chords. Too bad they didn't render him mute.

Damn I know Joe Buck sucks at his job but that's cold blooded.

And yes it's health related, specifically involving his vocal chords.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:

The world would be a better place.

Sanjuro

jman, Granderson is still superior to Tacoby, right?

CajoleJuice said:
Fuck you Crawford, deciding to get 3 hits off Sabathia, what the hell.
He has been hitting much better of late. Nothing spectacular, but has been getting run of the mill hits.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
jman, Granderson is still superior to Tacoby, right?

He has been hitting much better of late. Nothing spectacular, but has been getting run of the mill hits.
No, he hasn't. He's hit .238 over the past month. .241 over the past week. But that doesn't matter, he got 3 hits off one of the best lefties in baseball, something I wouldn't have expected even if he were hitting .300. Arghhh

Sanjuro

CajoleJuice said:
No, he hasn't. He's hit .238 over the past month. .241 over the past week. But that doesn't matter, he got 3 hits off one of the best lefties in baseball, something I wouldn't have expected even if he were hitting .300. Arghhh
I'm being as positive as I can you sob.

darkside31337 said:

we don't have to make excuses for Joe Buck. He is bored of baseball plain and simple.

Sanjuro

CajoleJuice said:
I still think he will turn it around the final two months (I hope so, for the sake of my fantasy team).
I can't complain much with this offense. I would obviously like to see him do well and not get eaten alive in this town.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
2Anp5.jpg

Macattk15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom