• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Macattk15 said:
Haha Jeff Mathis. Professional Baseball player.

Mike Napoli 1.011 OPS
Jeff Mathis .487 OPS

By years end I wouldn't be shocked if Napoli is close to tripling up his OPS.

It's ok though cause Mathis is Scioscia's guy. And Scioscia knows catchers!

Taxman

Eli Whiteside basically starts this brawl by tackling Polanco out of nowhere, and the Giants' comentators are all like "Good for him".

Taxman said:
Eli Whiteside basically starts this brawl by tackling Polanco out of nowhere, and the Giants' comentators are all like "Good for him".

Frankly I don't even think Victorino should have been thrown out. Sure, he took a step or two towards the mound, but his demeanor wasn't threatening whatsoever. Whiteside just went straight at Polanco. Oh well. Giants = crybabies tonight.

Edit:

Pence!

ToxicAdam

alr1ghtstart said:
Chris fucking Perez is so un-clutch. That's not a good thing when you're supposed to be a closer.

Too much youth on this team to be a real contender. It's like 2004-2005 all over again.

joethefoo

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Frankly I don't even think Victorino should have been thrown out. Sure, he took a step or two towards the mound, but his demeanor wasn't threatening whatsoever. Whiteside just went straight at Polanco. Oh well. Giants = crybabies tonight.

Edit:

Pence!
You missed the part where Victorino tackled one of the Giants coaches.

JABEE

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I must have. I didn't see that. If that's the case he deserved to be thrown out, no doubt about it.
He also jostled with an umpire Roger in the pile. I didn't see him tackle a Giant manager though. I hope he doesn't get suspended, but I'm not optimistic. Usually when youtouch an umpire you get tossed. I don't know the rules when they are breaking up fights.

Cathcart

Phils are 7-0 since picking up Pence, putting them on pace for a 408 game winning streak for the rest of his contract. That's probably gonna be a record.

JABEE said:
He also jostled with an umpire Roger in the pile. I didn't see him tackle a Giant manager though. I hope he doesn't get suspended, but I'm not optimistic. Usually when youtouch an umpire you get tossed. I don't know the rules when they are breaking up fights.

I saw the ump block him off the plate almost immediately. Obviously contact was made but it was all initiated by the umpire at that point. After that all I saw was him in the middle of the crowd, but it didn't look like he did much other than get some cross words in. If he touched an ump or did anything else by that point I didn't see it, but getting thrown out/suspended for some words and not much else, especially when you have every right to be upset about getting pegged, seems excessive.

Edit:

Also, I'm starting to think Vance Worley isn't just lucky but really has some ace stuff. It's pretty amazing what he's done this year.

JABEE

Square Triangle said:
What? Missed a Giants/Phillies slap around? I'm going to need a link.

Fuck yes Rangers, glad to see the Indians 4 GB again.
Whiteside, Victorino, Sandoval will all be suspended. Victorino was definitely thrown at in a blowout. Victorino was an idiot for diving back in.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
darkside31337 said:
Mike Napoli 1.011 OPS
Jeff Mathis .487 OPS

By years end I wouldn't be shocked if Napoli is close to tripling up his OPS.

It's ok though cause Mathis is Scioscia's guy. And Scioscia knows catchers!
Scoscia is so offensively stupid.

The sky's the limit for Lawrie, could be a perennial all-star. He will be missed in Brewers-land. But yeah, he'll end up in the OF it looks like.

Good trade for both teams so far. Although Marcum still bothers me on the rare occasion that he goes all flat and starts throwing BP fastballs right down the heart of the plate.

And I won't miss Lawrie's douche-quotient, that's for sure.

GCL player of the month, Dante Bichette Jr, first round pick of the Yankees is on twitter, tweets his excitement about winning the award:

Dante Bichette Jr
@Dante19jr Dante Bichette Jr
GCL player of the month! Awesomeness! Definitely one of the coolest awards I've won ever. Go Yanks!

then scrolling through a few of his posts

Can't forget to smile. Most important thing in baseball :)

Just watched the Justin beiber movie for the first time! Love it haha. It's great I wanna meet that dude some day

eznark

Banned
tyguy20204 said:
The sky's the limit for Lawrie, could be a perennial all-star. He will be missed in Brewers-land. But yeah, he'll end up in the OF it looks like.

Good trade for both teams so far. Although Marcum still bothers me on the rare occasion that he goes all flat and starts throwing BP fastballs right down the heart of the plate.

And I won't miss Lawrie's douche-quotient, that's for sure.
Re ant forntalent we probably lose but on an actual impact scale? I think we dominated. I don't think the Brewers felt he could ever play third, we have Weeks and future outfielders are definitely worth a number two starter.

Debbie downer aside, I Lawrie will be awesome to watch both on the field and off.

eznark said:
Sales of IGF-1 just shot through the roof
IGF? Hmm
Inoki-Genome-Federation.png

inoki1.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't like Joe Buck at all but what exactly is he going to whine about?

He'll bring up the issue, mention how MLB is investigating and that's honestly about it. IIRC he's a pretty big poker player himself, he probably doesn't give a rats ass about this even if it does involve A-Rod.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Charlie Manual said:
"[Ramirez] hit Vic and then came off the mound at him. Vic almost has to go, unless he wants his teammates to call him chicken," Manuel said.
really? are they in middle school or something? I guess i shouldn't be surprised by people with their level of education though.
AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Also, I'm starting to think Vance Worley isn't just lucky but really has some ace stuff. It's pretty amazing what he's done this year.
Luck. Similar situation to Jurrjens in the first half. He will begin to pitch to his talent, around a 3.8 era or so, which would still make him a pretty good pitcher. Don't know when that regression will occur though, it could happen tomorrow, it could happen next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom