• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Macattk15 said:
So Felix has an ERA of 3.3 and both his FIP and xFIP are lower than that. You retarded?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Josh Beckett and Jered Weaver getting shelled is regression.

Felix Hernandez getting shelled would not be regression.

Macattk15

darkside31337 said:
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Josh Beckett and Jered Weaver getting shelled is regression.

Felix Hernandez getting shelled would not be regression.

If Felix pitches 9 innings and gives up 0 ER ... he'll regress to his mean ... which is lower than 3.30 ....

Macattk15

darkside31337 said:
Shrug it was me with the reading fail. I apologize.

I thought you wanted Felix to give up 9 runs tonight instead of no runs over 9.

Why would I want that to happen? Being a Mariner fan is painful enough.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
CygnusXS said:
If you're being serious, you're delusional.

Constanza keeps hitting through the rest of the season.

Braves ship Heyward the RF for LoMo the LF.

I am joking but I for one would not be stunned if the Braves moved Heyward. If you don't believe in the kid you trade him now when he still actually has value.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
darkside31337 said:
Constanza keeps hitting through the rest of the season.

Braves ship Heyward the RF for LoMo the LF.

I am joking but I for one would not be stunned if the Braves moved Heyward. If you don't believe in the kid you trade him now when he still actually has value.
i would be stunned. The braves are not going to move heyward.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I mean I am talking about a Braves organization who stuck with Jeff Francoeur for all those years and traded Yunel Escobar for Alex Gonzalez right?

Stranger things have happened.

Windu

darkside31337 said:
I mean I am talking about a Braves organization who stuck with Jeff Francoeur for all those years and traded Yunel Escobar for Alex Gonzalez right?

Stranger things have happened.
well for one, the braves only stuck with francoeur through the pre-arb years. Traded him about halfway through the first arb year. Perfectly reasonable. And the gonzo/yunel trade was not straight up, we got Tim Collins (who we foolishly traded away) and a young SS prospect. Still hate the trade but their reasoning seemed to do with his bad attitude, which heyward apparently does not have. And I agree with CygnusXS, you're delusional.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
poor darkside, tag-teamed more than catherine by nerds

espn is showing the little league world series WHO CARES OMG

omg look at that "fired up" stupid bitch

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
“I’m freaking heart broken and disappointed.”

(Did they give you an explanation?)

“Because I was hitting .240. Yeah. That’s what they said. So. I don’t know if that makes any sense to me or to you guys but all I know is I go out and I give everything for this team. I play hurt, I play through injury and this is how you get treated. It doesn’t seem very fair or right to me.”

(Did they talk about your 17 homers or 60 RBI?)

“No, they didn’t say anything about that. They didn’t say anything about maybe the reason I was hitting 240 is because of I was getting the guy in from third, rolling over ground balls, not worrying about averages, trying to get the run in.

“Am I gonna say I’ve had the best of years or the year I wanted have? Absolutely not. But I’m never satisfied. And uh… .man….”

(Did they say to work on your defense or…? )

“No. They didn’t I asked for an explanation and the one I got was I was hitting .240.”

(Did they give you an idea of when you might be recalled?)

“No. They didn’t say anything like that.”

(Sounds like this caught you completely off guard.)

“Absolutely. Yeah. I mean… I just don’t think this is the way its supposed to be at all.”

(Do you think there’s more to their decision other than what they told you?)

“I absolutely do.”

(Do you think you have been too candid?)

“No. I don’t think it’s that. I think it’s something else but I don’t know if I want to say it right now.”

(Related to on-the-field stuff?)

“No, no. It’s more off-the-field.”

(Do you want to play here?)

“Do I want to play in Florida? I want to play for a big-league team and yes, yes. That’s the big-league team I am with now, or the organization I am with since I am in Triple-A. Yeah. I do.”

(Do you thiink eventually this will turn into a motivator?)

“I don’t know. Right now I just feel resentment and anger. I guess anger can motivate. Sure.”

(When did they give you the news?)

“I was about to get treatment on my knee and my arm that I just left on the warning track but, uh, I got called into the office right there.”

He said baseball operations president Larry Beinfest delivered the news in a room with manager Jack McKeon, general manager Mike Hill and bench coach Brandon Hyde.

“I had no idea what is was, other than they said we’re going to exercise our right to option you to Triple-A. I was like… I walked out. I couldn’t even say anythign at that point, I was so mad.”

(Are you surprised Wes Helms was released?)

“Yeah. That’s surprising, too. I don’t understand it. But I have a feeling it has something to do with the same incident.’’

(Can you elaborate?)

“I don’t want to say much right now.”

(This your hardest day professionally?)

“Yeah. Stand up for whats right and this happens… It’s not right. I don’t know what else to say about that but it’s not right.”

So supposedly not related to Twitter and probably the same reason they cut Wes Helms.

Gotta be HanRam related. Doesn't sound like LoMo is too thrilled to ever play in a Marlins uniform again.

It's amazing that two standup guys in Morrison and Helms are gone and the piece of shit that Hanley is is still dogging plays w/o repercussion.

Sharp

MLBN on the Tigers' winning eight straight one-run games: "That's the sign of a champion." Seriously does anyone fact-check this shit?

The Frankman said:
It's amazing that two standup guys in Morrison and Helms are gone and the piece of shit that Hanley is is still dogging plays w/o repercussion.
Its Hanley's team. Wtf happened to this kid? Don't remember him being a problem to this level.

dmag1223

Sharp said:
MLBN on the Tigers' winning eight straight one-run games: "That's the sign of a champion." Seriously does anyone fact-check this shit?
Yeah, I heard that too, and was like "what the fuck?" Wouldn't the sign of a champion be winning 8 straight blowouts? 8 straight one run wins sounds like luck or mediocrity, or both.

Windu

CygnusXS said:
Kenshin Kawakami is currently listed as the most popular (i.e. most searched) player on Fangraphs.

???
i know he was just activated from the DL or something, so maybe some Japanese baseball website linked it because of that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Windu said:
i know he was just activated from the DL or something, so maybe some Japanese baseball website linked it because of that.

Nailed it.

There's a couple popular Japanese blogs out there talking about him just getting off the DL and what his future is with a link to his Fangraphs page to show how much he's sucked so far.

dmag1223 said:
Yeah, I heard that too, and was like "what the fuck?" Wouldn't the sign of a champion be winning 8 straight blowouts? 8 straight one run wins sounds like luck or mediocrity, or both.
Champs find a way to come back and win close games, the reasoning is. It's not farfetch'd.

farfetchd.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Square Triangle said:
I cannot take all this Granderson attention. Fuck you Dombrowski.

TRPwJ.jpg

They really should have just gave Granderson his own ice cream bar and the money. He'd still be playing in Detroit.

But now he's living the life in NY all thanks to Dombrowski.

agyg8.jpg

(/end Frankman inspired posts)

Also the only reason the Yankees signed Proctor was so they could troll Kei Igawa some more. There is not a chance in hell the Yankees use Scott Proctor. I ain't buying it. No way.

Windu

proctor is apparently a really nice guy so he would probably be a good guy to have in the minors for the youngsters. Probably the reason the yanks signed him.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
My only reaction to the Yankees signing him was, honestly, to feel happy for him. All the bitching I did about him being on our team was purely based on his inability to get major league hitters out.

Proctor is frustrating because Tommy John surgery gave him a new arm that blazes around 94-96. But all his stuff is straight and he can't keep anything down.

eznark

Banned
Y2Kev said:
poor darkside, tag-teamed more than catherine by nerds

espn is showing the little league world series WHO CARES OMG

omg look at that "fired up" stupid bitch
On GAF regression is a trap word and someone always, always falls for it.

I was seeing Brewers highlights and I saw he had a different jersey on. I'm like wtf misspells Brewers so badly but then found out it was German jersey for today lol

eznark

Banned
Dmncnby2k9 said:
I was seeing Brewers highlights and I saw he had a different jersey on. I'm like wtf misspells Brewers so badly but then found out it was German jersey for today lol
I'm buying five or six of those rad ass jerseys! Finally the white man gets a special jersey. Suck it Cerveceros.

eznark said:
I'm buying five or six of those rad ass jerseys! Finally the white man gets a special jersey. Suck it Cerveceros.
Lol. The white man getting some love finally. Cerveceros makes the Brewers one of the top teams for Latinos just because it has to do with beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom