• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Sharp said:
Ibanez is so done, I hope he loses the Phillies the World Series for them somehow.
the ball will go under Ibanez's glove like Bill Buckner and the Mets will come out of nowhere and win game 7.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Windu said:
thats nice. But considering its about who will be the better option going forward and costanza has a sample of 13 games which isn't predictive at all. That really tells me nothing. Considering the year heyward has had this season which everyone says is awful is right in line with Constanza's career Minor league numbers is kinda funny.

Minor league results don't necessarily mean the guy will automatically put up the major league equivalents when given a chance.

Some guys play much worse than their minor league results some guys play better than them at the big league level. I'm not going to call Jose Constanza a scrub until he actually fails hard at the major league level. It hasn't happened yet. Fredi should let him keep playing until it happens.

And Heyward's production over a 90 game period isn't worth playing for the final 2 months of the season if you're trying to make the playoffs. If you think Heyward can outperform that than play him. Fredi and everybody in the Braves organization either thinks hes injured or he sucks for whatever reason. So he goes with Constanza instead. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Windu

darkside31337 said:
Minor league results don't necessarily mean the guy will automatically put up the major league equivalents when given a chance.

Some guys play much worse than their minor league results some guys play better than them at the big league level. I'm not going to call Jose Constanza a scrub until he actually fails hard at the major league level. It hasn't happened yet. Fredi should let him keep playing until it happens.

And Heyward's production over a 90 game period isn't worth playing for the final 2 months of the season if you're trying to make the playoffs. If you think Heyward can outperform that than play him. Fredi and everybody in the Braves organization either thinks hes injured or he sucks for whatever reason. So he goes with Constanza instead. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
well yes, i think heyward can out perform costanza going forward. And if he is hurt, DL him. If you are going to not play him, send him down so he can at least give him at bats. If he is on the roster, play him.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Torres on DL and Belt called back up to Majors. I feel bad for belt, but in transition from Majors and AAA so many times this year.

Sharp

And as I mock him, Lannan with one of the plays of the year

Though mostly it was because Howard is a lumbering fatass that he even had a chance.

eznark

Banned
Windu said:
oh didn't know he was kicked off the team.
He was put on the "get fucked" list and cannot participate in any team stuff for 30 days. Union is appealing. Zam Zam says he isn't retiring.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Union is going to win so hard. Cubs are going to pay for this move pretty hard down the road. Messing with the union is probably the dumbest thing you could possibly do.

They should have just DFA'd him.

Windu

yeah he still has value, i could see someone getting him for about 10 million or so and it might be worth it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
eznark said:
Zambrano has an $18 million contract for 2012.

Nobody is going to trade for that.

At best they might be willing to find somebody willing to give up zero prospects and pick up maybe $5 million off the tab. And I think that's generous.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:

At best they might be willing to find somebody willing to give up zero prospects and pick up maybe $5 million off the tab. And I think that's generous.
Right, so not league minimum.

Celsior

darkside31337 said:

After yesterday, there best bet in 3 mil and no prospect.
A trash for Trash deal is the only possible way he is moved too, so the cubs would have to take back a problem player themselves.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Somewhere around that. ~2-3 million is basically the league minimum when compared to that massive 25 million dollars he has left or whatever it is. Semantics man.
2/3 million is not 5 million

My point is that the Cubs are going to have trouble finding anyone to take him at any reasonable price.

It's good to play hot, but the way the Brewers are playing, this division is locked up.

NL is going to have some tough teams in the playoffs this year... Another *yawn* NL victory?

Doytch

If the Cubs give Z away, Toronto will take him. Jerkball, yo.
vas_a_morir said:
It's good to play hot, but the way the Brewers are playing, this division is locked up.

NL is going to have some tough teams in the playoffs this year... Another *yawn* NL victory?
I think so. ALE teams have soft rotations.

Sharp

I just realized that only one of the seven runs Lannan gave up was apparently "earned." Look at that non-regressing ERA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom