• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

Man I'd love to have a Marcum Bierbrauers jersey. I know I'd never wear it though. Jerseys are not regular day-on-the-town clothes, folks.

skip

Doytch said:
Man I'd love to have a Marcum Bierbrauers jersey. I know I'd never wear it though. Jerseys are not regular day-on-the-town clothes, folks.

I would buy the t-shirt version, if they made them.

PLEASE MAKE THEM

Braves activate Brian McCann & Scott Linebrink from the DL. They placed Tommy Hanson on the DL with right shoulder discomfort and optioned Anthony Varvaro to AAA.

Randall Delgado will make what would have been Hanson's next start, 8/16 vs. the Giants at home. Hanson's DL move is retroactive to August 7. It's believed he will be ready to pitch when he's eligible to come off, 8/23 vs. the Cubs at Wrigley Field.

Jair Jurrjens is ready to return from his knee sprain and will start on 8/17 vs. the Giants at home.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Some "bad" news for Giants fans:

Barry Zito sprained his ankle, not his foot, when he took an awkward step while trying to back up the plate in the third inning at Triple-A Fresno last night.

“I saw a picture and it’s pretty bad,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said this morning. “It’s very swollen. It looks like there’s a baseball in there. It looks like it’ll be quite awhile.”

X-rays did not reveal any fractures, at least.

The Giants were not pressing to get Zito back, but the injury does cut into their starting depth.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
darkside31337 said:
Some "bad" news for Giants fans:

Barry Zito sprained his ankle, not his foot, when he took an awkward step while trying to back up the plate in the third inning at Triple-A Fresno last night.

“I saw a picture and it’s pretty bad,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said this morning. “It’s very swollen. It looks like there’s a baseball in there. It looks like it’ll be quite awhile.”

X-rays did not reveal any fractures, at least.

The Giants were not pressing to get Zito back, but the injury does cut into their starting depth.
lololol best news of the year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AnEternalEnigma said:
J.Heyward flied out.
J.Constanza singled.

Shocked? Shouldn't be.

I'm shocked, didn't think Heyward could still make contact with a baseball.

Brandon Belt with the homer! Maybe he can actually get some playing time now.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
AnEternalEnigma said:
J.Heyward flied out.
J.Constanza singled.

Shocked? Shouldn't be.
elzsm.png

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's not Dustin Pedroia's fault that he's the best player in baseball. Just like it's not Constanza's fault that he's been better than Heyward.

Also Jose Altuve doesn't get enough love. That graph is off.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Awesome.

Although I'm not sure how the heck you can make a Craig Counsell bobblehead and not have him in his batting stance. Seems like fail.
I haven't missed a bobble head in years, certainly not going to miss one in a Bierbrauers jersey!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
AnEternalEnigma said:
When's the last time Heyward stole 2nd and 3rd in the same inning? I'm sure Windu has these stats ready for us.
I dont remember saying that constanza wasn't capable of stealing bases. Anyway, gotta love the awesome weak ground balls that fielders misplay and the ability to get out of a horrible baserunning decision. And watching balls 15 feet away from the plate in order to get a walk, that takes talent. Besides the stolen bases, his performance today is all based on luck. I don't know how you expect that continue and why you think he is the better option. Now heyward hasnt had a great game either but at least he has hit the ball hard which is a better indicator for future performance.

anyway this argument is getting old.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It kinda irks me that Braves fans are basically rooting for Constanza to fail.

Personally I think it'd be awesome if a pedestrian minor league guy at the age of 27 suddenly become a big league regular, even if a lot of it is based on "luck".

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
darkside31337 said:
It kinda irks me that Braves fans are basically rooting for Constanza to fail.

Personally I think it'd be awesome if a pedestrian minor league guy at the age of 27 suddenly become a big league regular, even if a lot of it is based on "luck".
no one is rooting for him to fail, I hope he goes on a 20 game hitting streak. I'm just being realistic.

Linebrink and McCann can both fuck off. I don't see how they ruled that wild pitch. The ball never even hit the dirt. McCann just fucked up major.

Oh look, Heyward got a hit. But according to the Constanza haters, it doesn't count because it was a softly-hit bloop to shallow right and was just lucky. Sorry, Heyward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom