• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Dmncnby2k9 said:
I was wondering the same thing. How much do voters value defense while they vote.
not that much. john olerud had less than 1% of the vote i think last year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
CajoleJuice said:
Yeah, because that's what the BBWAA goes by.

Larkin is 12th all-time in fWAR at SS (actually, probably higher since A-Rod and Banks are on that list)

Larkin is getting in next season.

Really though Rolen's HoF chances hinge upon him getting a job at ESPN after he retires. If he does he gets in, if he doesn't I'd be hard pressed to think he's got a good shot let alone some kind of lock.

Beltran officially to the DL. Miguel Tejada activated from the DL to replace him.

And now, Jeff Keppinger is injured and not in the line-up. He hurt his wrist in the collision at first base with Freddie Freeman last night and had a MRI today.

Looks like Sandoval is going to tought out his bone bruise and play. He's playing 1B tonight, though. Chipper's back in the lineup after a two-game absence.

Giants line-up:
1. Ross - CF
2. Fontenot - 2B
3. Sandoval - 1B
4. Huff - LF
5. Belt - RF
6. Cabrera - SS
7. Tejada - 3B
8. Stewart - C
9. Sanchez - P

Braves line-up:
1. Bourn - CF
2. Prado - LF
3. McCann - C
4. Uggla - 2B
5. Freeman - 1B
6. Jones - 3B
7. Gonzalez - SS
8. Constanza - RF
9. Delgado - P

darkside31337 said:
Larkin is getting in next season.

Really though Rolen's HoF chances hinge upon him getting a job at ESPN after he retires. If he does he gets in, if he doesn't I'd be hard pressed to think he's got a good shot let alone some kind of lock.

Larkin really should have been first ballot. He was such a great player.

methodman

Banned
Giants are cursed

Keppinger getting MRI on wrist
Nate Schierholtz might have a broken foot
pablo banged up
romo dl
beltran dl
Posey out for year
Freddy Sanchez out for the year

Giants have DeRosa and a backup Catcher as their Only two bench players lol

Windu

AnEternalEnigma said:
Beltran officially to the DL. Miguel Tejada activated from the DL to replace him.

And now, Jeff Keppinger is injured and not in the line-up. He hurt his wrist in the collision at first base with Freddie Freeman last night and had a MRI today.
punishment for paying off the umpires in the division series

And NOW Nate Schierholz is injured. He was sent for X-Rays on a potentially broken foot after fouling a ball off his foot last night.

Unreal.

Windu

AnEternalEnigma said:
And NOW Nate Schierholz is injured. He was sent for X-Rays on a potentially broken foot after fouling a ball off his foot last night.

Unreal.
lol

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
AnEternalEnigma said:

Unreal.
I guess at least for the Twins all the injuries happened so early into the season that they fell out of contention immediately, rather than having them hit a month from the end of the season.

Jdez15

Banned
AL Central is too close, granted the teams don't have the best of records, but it's a dog fight between the Indians, Tigers, and Whitesox.

Doytch

the choice between watching halladay and verlander would be tougher if i wasn't such a slut for halladay.
AL Central is too close, granted the teams don't have the best of records, but it's a dog fight between the Indians, Tigers, and Whitesox.
im picturing three dogs: one is blind, the other has its head in one of those cones to stop it from biting its own nuts off, and the third is has its rear legs in a wheelchair.

Dragon

Banned
Doytch said:
the choice between watching halladay and verlander would be tougher if i wasn't such a slut for halladay.

im picturing three dogs: one is blind, the other has its head in one of those cones to stop it from biting its own nuts off, and the third is has its rear legs in a wheelchair.

The fact that Halladay is better should enter into it as well ;)

clemenx

Banned
I didn't think that division was that bad when it was just Tigers and Indians. But the fact that a completely terrible Sox team is in the hunt renders my opinion invalid.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Square Triangle said:
JV on mound. I suppose this would be a win but with how terrible the Tigers defense has been.. Who knows.
The Twins lineup tonight has Rene Tosoni, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, and Drew Butera. Against Verlander. They're basically automatic outs.

eznark

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
I'm with clemenx where I don't know where you guys are getting this "Rolen = lock" stuff.

Lock for me. I don't try to predict the voting habits of retards.

He's one of the best third basemen of all time.

Scott Rolen has a borderline HOF case as is to me. I'd vote for him if there weren't 10 better guys out there.

Name ten better third basemen "out there."

Windu

Delgado has looked good so far, also this umpire's strikezone is tiny.
eznark said:
Name ten better third basemen "out there."
i think he means 10 on the ballot since the ballot has a limit of 10. Anyway, i doubt there will be 10 players better than him when he gets on the ballot.

methodman

Banned
sf2fanatic said:
Twisted ankle attempting to field correct?

yeah that's what it looked like. i'm just worried that they somehow fucked up pablo's x-ray last night and he really does have a broken foot, lol.

methodman said:
yeah that's what it looked like. i'm just worried that they somehow fucked up pablo's x-ray last night and he really does have a broken foot, lol.

ball hit the side of the foot so maybe a nights worth of ice on it prob ok..hes being a trooper

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
methodman said:
Did the Giants hire the Twins' medical staff?

Windu

8-3-4-6-2-4-6 rundown

vSVD8.png

harSon

Banned
SuperMalo said:
The pirates spent over $17 mill on the draft. Holy shit.

Considering how much our payroll is, we better spend a lot on the draft.

I'm a bit worried about Cole though. The Pirates have sucked at developing pitching prospects, hopefully the new staff is a lot better :|

dmag1223

Jeez, it feels like every out for the reds is a freakin' lineout right at the outfielders. Oh , and you might not want to pitch Morse away. Jesus Christ.

4 pitch inning for the opposing pitcher? Check. Run scoring error? check. This team sucks ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom