• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Talon- said:
Remember when Russ Ortiz was our 1 for a few years? And we relied heavily on John Thompson?

Dark, dark days.
we had a hell of a offense that year though (2004), and of course J.D. Drew was amazing (.305/.436/.569). But yeah that rotation..yikes.

edit: i know the run environment has changed but we did not have a single starter that year with a SIERA under 4.09. We have 6 this season, 7 if delgado's performance today pushes his under.

rando14

Hey let's check the score of the M's game, it's probably 10-0 after this horrible 1st inning.

8999.jpeg

Ahahahahaha Blue Jays.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Maxim726X said:
Ugh. Don't fucking remind us... Jurrjens, Hanson, Teheran, Minor, Delgado, Vizcaino, Venters, Kimbrel... Missing anybody?

Mets really are screwed. Beginning to wonder if there's any point to resigning Reyes.

Wow and I thought I was a negative Mets fan.

I guess I'm one of the few who really love Niese. He has a lower FIP than every single SP in the Braves rotation this year. He's still only 24.

And Big Pelf will be gone soon enough. It'll get better just because of that.

Macattk15

Why is it so hard for relievers to throw strikes?

I want to give up now that it is 8-6 ... but damnit. I thought it was over when it was 6-0 :(

Windu said:
sipp should play for the browns, great block

Thought it was more of LaPorta's fault. Sipp was ahead of the runner and nearly at the base.

Oozer3993 said:
1. That wasn't that easy of an out.
2. He was out. Laporta tagged him before he hit the base.

Huh? That was a bang bang play, easy shit. Now regarding the tag I didn't see it in the one replay I saw but I could be wrong. Either way, I'll take your word for it since who sides with an Ump?

Edit: Just saw the better replay, was tagged. Either way, LaPorta should have known where Sipp was and flipped the ball. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom